Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,632 members, 7,951,630 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:52 PM

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (96507 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / Novels Are Time Sucking, Time Wasting Cooked Up Stories? / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ayettymama(f): 1:30pm On May 01, 2010
o was it a nairalander that wrote it??

well it was also somehere else- i think it was added to th ewaec wot not

so i was just wondering what the hype was abt! looks like a romance novel- not into romance undecided undecided
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by doyin13(m): 1:38pm On May 01, 2010
ayettymama:

o was it a nairalander that wrote it??

well it was also somehere else- i think it was added to th ewaec wot not

so i was just wondering what the hype was abt! looks like a romance novel- not into romance undecided undecided

haaa. . .never thought you would be. One has to be nice to be into romance tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ayettymama(f): 4:24pm On May 01, 2010
doyin13:

haaa. . .never thought you would be. One has to be nice to be into romance tongue tongue tongue grin

is that what they tell u?? neways me im not nice ooo

i dont watch sex in the city and dont read mills and bloom

call me what u want!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 01, 2010
The Law of the Land, by Abeni Ademola-Fasina
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 11:42pm On May 01, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]I decided to read this on a plane trip because it seemed easy to read and get into without having to think too hard, which is good because I get sleepy on planes. I do often read mysteries and I'm determined to read everything Harris writes grin .  I like her other two mystery protagonists, Lily Bard and Harper Connelly, but I have to say I like Aurora Teagarden the least. wink

It sounds like I'm really ragging on this book but I did enjoy it. It definitely has it's shortcomings but I see some promising things that could be developed and I'll continue reading this series. smiley
[/size]

Really?!?! I did the Southern Vampire thing last year with her (book 10 out in a few days, yay!)and I really liked her writing style. So I got the entire series of Aurora Teagarden, Harper Connelly and Lily Bard and some of her random singles (yeah, it was basically a CH binge) but then got distracted and didn't get to them at the time. So now that SV #10 is coming out, I remembered I had them and randomly decided to start with Aurora, but now that you've said what you've said, I'm like somewhat regretting it. I think it's fine so far, though.

doyin13:

whoop whoop. . .so u are still on a tear.  grin grin

I make that book no. 35. Errrm, what say we set a target of 100 by
the end of the year.

So C'mon, red hot chilli pepper, you can do it. C'mon.  grin grin grin

LOL! Nooooo, I'm not on a tear at all! I've really slowed down now that life has kind of caught up with me and I'm a lot busier. But no I'm down, let's do it and say 100 by the end of the year. You set a target too, it's no fun by myself! WE CAN DO IT!!!! lol

@ topic,

Mostly laughing my way through Karlology (Karl Pilkington) with some Real Murders (Charlaine Harris) on the side.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by bayolove(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2010
i love reading romance novels such as STRICTLY SEDUCTION this novel is highly emotional
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 10:04am On May 03, 2010
@ Ogaga4luv,
I actually really liked Aurora so now I have high expectations for the other 2 heroines based on what you said. :p

@ bayolove,
I'm also a HUGE fan of romance novels.  I haven't read the one you mentioned though.

@ topic,
A Bone to Pick- Charlaine Harris
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 5:09pm On May 03, 2010
Three Bedrooms, One Corpse- Charlaine Harris
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 9:08pm On May 04, 2010
The Julius House- Charlaine Harris
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 9:41pm On May 04, 2010
still reading Disclosure by Michael Crichton.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 11:59pm On May 04, 2010
Dead Over Heels- Charlaine Harris
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by netotse(m): 1:59am On May 05, 2010
Shogun - james clavell
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by spikedcylinder: 2:42pm On May 05, 2010
Teacher Man ~ Frank McCourt.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 3:58pm On May 05, 2010
Anthills of the Savannah - Chinua Achebe
The Almost Moon - Alice Sebold. I'm this close to dumping this book. It's certainly not as poignant as The Lovely Bones.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by soreola(f): 5:18pm On May 05, 2010
Savour the Moment by Nora Roberts,
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 9:24pm On May 05, 2010
A Fool and His Honey- Charlaine Harris
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by LawChick: 12:13am On May 06, 2010
One of the top astounding books ever is Dune.

infact am watching the movie now - Children Of Dune online
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by LawChick: 12:20am On May 06, 2010
by Frank Herbert
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by LawChick: 12:51am On May 06, 2010
Do any one of you guys know Isaac Asimov?

top guy two.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Suzanne84(f): 12:36pm On May 06, 2010
'Dead Famous' by Ben Elton
Dumped 'The Almost Moon' by Alice Sebold. Figured i wouldn't get shot for not finishing grin
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Zaxx: 2:23pm On May 06, 2010
Just finished readin Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by sheriffman(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2010
the innocent man-john grisham
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by ilosiwaju: 5:39pm On May 06, 2010
Just finished Tricks of the mind- Derren Brown. Entertaining.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Tatase(f): 9:40pm On May 06, 2010
Last Scene Alive- Charlaine Harris
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by McboG: 11:52pm On May 06, 2010
Just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Nice book. Large too. And I've really enjoyed the Potter series. I Like Lord of the Rings more, though.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:50am On May 07, 2010
Have placed my order for the Stieg Larsson triology.
Can't wait to read them, so much great reviews.
I hope i'll be impressed.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 7:15am On May 07, 2010
Seems Tatase is a novel addict.
Damn, and i thought i liked reading.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 9:19pm On May 07, 2010
remember me by Mary Higgins Clark. . . el fantastico kiss
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ideebee: 9:31pm On May 07, 2010
@dominobaby,
u're my gal. I crave detective novels cos dey get u tinkin and d suspense, wow! Awesome!

i'm a big fan of Patricia Cornwell, if u're into 'medical detectives' n all that. It may seem gory to some but, I LUV IT!
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by Ideebee: 9:36pm On May 07, 2010
And theres May Warren, she writes xtian romance. I like her books cos its controlled. Some times one gets tired of all d explicit and cliched details in some romance novels.

love Grisham too. And Heartsong is alright but makes u feel like there's only little to romance. Just my tots
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by dominique(f): 10:00pm On May 07, 2010
^^^ i'm into Patricia Cornwell too. . . thinking of reading one of her books after this.
Re: Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? by v3: 10:38pm On May 07, 2010
Currently reading Twilight-Breaking Dawn on my pc

Will do Silence of the lambs when i'm in the mood for something creepy, cuz i'm having a thing for vampirish books n movies

Romance novels don't do it for me. . too much melodramatic drama here n there :d

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (100)

Generation To Generations... / A Story: Broken Vows / TAMISHO - My Story. My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.