Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,156 members, 7,949,969 topics. Date: Monday, 16 September 2024 at 03:27 AM

Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa (2222 Views)

Woman Stopped At German Airport After Husband's Bones Were Found In Her Luggage / Peace Mass Transit Reacts To The Accident That Killed "18" Passengers / 18 Passengers Die In Peace Mass Transit Accident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa by sarki247: 8:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
Hello everyone,

I work for a remote company and need to attend a company summit in January at Cancun, Mexico. I already have Mexican Visa but having issues getting transit visa. First, I tried transiting through the US using a C1 visa but they denied me, then I booked Lufthansa so I can pass through Frankfurt direct to Cancun. German Consulate in Lagos denied me Visa saying I didn't show economic rootedness and family ties in Nigeria, despite saying I am single, getting married February 2017, A Dorm account and Naira with enough balance and including my Landed property papers.

I followed this checklist, and made sure I had all required: http://www.nigeria.diplo.de/contentblob/4652952/Daten/6949264/Checklist_Transit_Visa.pdf

Does anyone have experience transiting through Frankfurt? What advice do you have for me.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa by halfcurren: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
Why don't you try KLM. Am not sure Nertherland require transit visa so long you are not leaving the airport
Re: Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa by sarki247: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2016
Thanks but I still need transit visa for the Netherlands too according to this:

"Common list of third countries listed in Annex I to Regulation (EC) no 539/2001, whose nationals are required to be in possession of an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit area of airports situated on the territory of the Member States."

https://www.government.nl/topics/visa-for-the-netherlands-and-the-caribbean-parts-of-the-kingdom/documents/forms/2015/11/26/list-of-airport-transit-visa-countries
Re: Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa by dasparrow: 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2016
Try going through Brazil. In other words, you will have to fly to south Africa and then from South Africa to Brazil and then to Mexico. You do not need a transit visa for Brazil as long as you can show that you have a flight ticket going onward to Mexico and you don't leave the international transit area. You will tell the flight booking agent for south African airways to book your ticket in such a way that it will show you are traveling onward to Mexico. Look what it says:

"If traveler intends to pass through immigration, a visa is required. A visa is not required to transit through Brazil as long as the traveler remains in the international transit area, without passing through immigration control. Traveler must be in possession of a valid passport and onward ticket."

Info taken from: https://www.travisa.com/Common/TVSVisaInstructions.aspx?citizenshipid=ng&countryid=br&residenceid=us&partnerid=ta&glid=aus&travelertypeid=TR

You will need a transit visa for South Africa I believe but I don't think it will be difficult to get one like European transit visas.
Re: Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa by molusesi83(m): 11:34pm On Dec 07, 2016
Pls dont pass through Brazil they are sending Nigeria back from there if u dont have there visa...best way is to pass through Turkey....Go to Turkish airline make enquiry about it.....the route are Lagos-Istanbul-Bogota-Mexico and make sure you pay fror hotel from here uding your ATM becos they are going to confirm it and tell the conference organizer to meet you at airport
Re: Need Guide On German Airport Transit Visa by dasparrow: 12:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
molusesi83:
Pls dont pass through Brazil they are sending Nigeria back from there if u dont have there visa...best way is to pass through Turkey....Go to Turkish airline make enquiry about it.....the route are Lagos-Istanbul-Bogota-Mexico and make sure you pay fror hotel from here uding your ATM becos they are going to confirm it and tell the conference organizer to meet you at airport

Thanks for the info. So from Instabul Turkey he has to fly to Bogota Colombia and then from there to Mexico?

(1) (Reply)

Has Any Body Been To The Norwegian Embassy Before For A Study Permit / Can BVN Make Embassy Deny A Person Visa / Pls Help Me I Was Denied Finland Visa Twice .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.