Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,314 members, 7,928,999 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 07:23 AM

China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram (516 Views)

Woman Raped & Paraded Unclad On The Street In Pakistan, Cries For Help! / EFCC Enlists Foot Soldiers In The Fight Against Corruption / Traffic Warder Clashes With Soldier In Kwara, Colleagues Join In The Fight. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram by Silensa1234: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2016
Chief of Air Staff, Sadique Abubakar, has disclosed in a press briefing with editors of online media,that following the refusal of the US government and some other western states to sell weapons to intensify Nigeria in the fight against Boko Haram, the federal government has secured the support of Russia, China and Pakistan.

The Nigerian Air Force is expecting arrival of war-planes and helicopters from Pakistan and Russia to boost its fleets.

“I want to say that we have been enjoying support from other countries. (Sometimes arms procurement) is shrouded in a lot of politics.

‘’Unfortunately, I’m not a politician, so I cannot be able to say much on that. But what I can tell you is that right now, as I speak to you, we are expecting the Pakistani Chief of Air Staff in Nigeria soon. Pakistan has accepted to sell ten trainer airplanes.

The chief of staff also disclosed that, the force has trained some officers abroad and have other pilots that have just finished training in the United Kingdom.

‘’We have additional pilots that are training in South Africa. We have more pilots that are training in the Egyptian Air Force and so many other places, including Russia. We are really getting support.” On the competence of Nigerian fighter pilots,

He also said : “In the last 18 months, we have flown almost 3000 hours with no incident. In terms of competence I can tell you that the Nigerian Air Force pilots are among the most competent because the training curriculum is very clear.

‘’That is why now in the Air Force you look at the wings, pilots wear wings. We have categorized the wings according to their skill levels. We also organize simulation training for our pilots, we organize evaluation visits where pilots are evaluated without any notice.

‘’We have also sent over 700 personnel of the NAF to different parts of the world to train and acquire the skills required for them to be effective.’’

“Another sub-strategy under this is the reactivation of airplanes. We have embarked on the reactivation of airplanes and today as I speak to you we are on the thirteenth aircraft. What I mean by reactivation is that aircraft that were not in involved in any fight before the coming of the present federal government; they were parked before but are today part of the fight.

The thirteenth aircraft as I speak to you is being worked upon in Yola and we are hoping that before the end of this month that airplane will be flying. When you train, you must reactivate the platform to be used in flying,’’ he said.

http://guruspotblog..com.ng/2016/12/china-pakistan-and-russian-to-join-in.html

Re: China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram by Mynd44: 7:02am On Dec 05, 2016
Re: China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram by prospero5(m): 7:03am On Dec 05, 2016
please let them come quick ooo
Re: China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram by Jafar1: 7:21am On Dec 05, 2016
BOKO HARAM IN TROUBLE,AND THE POLITICIANS WHO SPONSOR BOKO HARAM WILL ALSO BE IN TROUBLE
Re: China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram by Softorgasm(m): 7:33am On Dec 05, 2016
well this is a welcome development...
The bokoharam sponsors and Obama has been put to shame...
All thanks to trump...
Re: China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram by Moreoffaith(m): 8:01am On Dec 05, 2016
Good one.
Re: China, Pakistan And Russian To Join In The Fight Against Boko Haram by bmxshop: 8:48am On Dec 05, 2016
Hilarious, I hope FG dont backtrack in the coming days as usual. Incompetent Government.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Police When Will You People Change / Fake Embassy Found In Lagos, Two Chinese Arrested / Facebook Is Banning Snapchat QR Codes From Profiles & Pages – Here’s Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.