Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,192 members, 7,873,873 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA (514 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / Church In Abuja Where Pastor Charges N50k To Swim In Miracle Swimming Pool / Body Of Herbalist Refuses To Decay, 13 Years After Burial, Turns Museum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA by bstringz(m): 8:47am On Dec 05, 2016
A church located in a small South African town is said to have been taken over by ghost which comes to trouble it at night.

According to Daily Sun SA, trouble started when the pastor of the church was looking for land and the local chief offered him a sweet deal; a hectare of land for only R200 (N4,457) and a bottle of brandy.

Even when the chief told him about the old grave right in the middle of the piece of land in Zinjeni Village, near Coffee Bay, Eastern Cape, the pastor didn’t hesitate. He believed the Holy Spirit would protect the church.

But now the sweet deal has gone sour. A year after the church was built, there have been reports of ghosts in the church at night.

Pastor, identified as Ofoma Omotoso, 42, bought the site from chief Bhukhosini Dalasile of the Amaqoco clan to open his Sliding Door to Heaven Ministries.

“Villagers said the grave was of a sangoma (herbalist) who died in 1997,” Omotoso told Daily Sun. “I am a powerful man of God. I built my church hall and performed a cleansing ceremony to tell the sangoma’s spirit to voetsek in the name of Jesus.”

But last week he received complaints of strange noises coming from the church. On Saturday, he slept at a church member’s house and heard the noises himself.

“First it’s Intlombe Yamagqirha (South African music) or gospel jazz,” said Omotoso. “Later a woman’s voice starts speaking through a loudspeaker. I was too terrified to go and investigate. I trust the Holy Spirit will deal with the problem.”

Chief Bhukhosini said he told Omotoso to build his church away from the grave of the sangoma.

“Now the villagers think Omotoso brought evil from Nigeria but the trouble is with the angry spirit of the dead sangoma,” he said.

Villager Sibakhulu Ntase, 78, said building on top of a grave is an insult. “The church should be demolished,” said the madala.

Attempts to trace the sangoma’s family were unsuccessful.

Read more here http://truenaijayarn.com/commotion-fear-ghost-dead-herbalist-takes-church-south-africa/

Re: Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA by excellencyabia1: 8:52am On Dec 05, 2016
people leading themselves calling it..............
Re: Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA by Iamvictor(m): 8:54am On Dec 05, 2016
Nonsense.... S Africans and their almost occultic churches
Re: Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA by ikbnice(m): 9:02am On Dec 05, 2016
I won't be surprised to hear this news coming outta a country with universities offering students professional certificates in occult practices.
Re: Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA by Nutase: 9:31am On Dec 05, 2016
grin
Re: Commotion And Fear As The Ghost Of A Dead Herbalist Takes Over A Church In SA by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
That pastor is fishy for intentionally building his church over the grave of a witch.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Rule Of Faith? / how many Number Of Churches And Mosques are In Your street / 7 Destructive Effects Of Evil Associations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.