Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,697 members, 7,941,666 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 11:04 AM

Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund (4764 Views)

PDP Governors Prostrate For Obasanjo Over Jonathan / NLC Boss Slams Buhari, Obasanjo Over Muslim-muslim Ticket Row / Senate Cedes 20% Ecological Fund to Secure Nigeria’s Borders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Oboma1(m): 11:21pm On Nov 11, 2009
Fhemmmy:

hope to be alive to see the day that Yar'Adua govt will indict OBJ yarAdua's father

Can a pot call a kettle black?
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Fhemmmy: 11:26pm On Nov 11, 2009
Oboma1:

Can a pot call a kettle black?

what if the kettle never knew it is a kettle?
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Oboma1(m): 12:10am On Nov 12, 2009
Fhemmmy:

what if the kettle never knew it is a kettle?

Then we can help the kettle recognise its identity.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by stede(m): 2:56am On Nov 12, 2009
Quote from: oge4real on Yesterday at 01:02:57 PM
Let me see who will have the guts to touch OBJ. they better overlook him and punish the smaller fishes.
So you think OBJ should be overlooked because he is a "big fish" Shocked

we ar all corrupt in nigeria. from the top to the grass root level, wot a Bleep even if you ar given the same opportunity OBJ had you will do more that. we ar all theifs. true yan,
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by PeeDaVinci: 3:34am On Nov 12, 2009
how i wish pple on thi forum think before they start condeming OBJ on this ecological fund!!!
OBJ administration was indicted, and not OBJ. Obasanjo was not the direct manager of the fund!!! The only parallel I can draw to what many of you are doing is "saying OBJ is corrupt becuase Anenih stole money as a minister in OBJ's govt"
Morealso, Every tier of Govt has a stake in the management of the fund, so, if the fund was mismanaged, Yaradua, and Jonathan were part of the pple that mismanaged it coz they got part of the money tooo

i feel Jonathan just want to prove that their govt is independent from OBJ, that was why he was saying that, if he really wants to be serious with this, they should investigate the people that directly managed the fund, and submit names, (with evidence) of the thieves to EFCC, and not using the media to fool many nigerians stupid sentiments, such as we have on nairaland
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by vincent10(m): 5:36am On Nov 12, 2009
One day bush meat will cash d hunter. OBJ administration stole from d coffers of d ecological fund which both goodluck & yardua was a member by virtue of them been governors. #200 billion is a mild stealing lets wait as more "tales" will unfold. His jonathan tryin 2 make himself a saint. Why must our leaders deceive us. This people do nt read newspapers neither do listen to local TV. they ar always watching foreign stations. I dont think they know whats happening [color=#006600][/color]
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by otukpo(f): 8:13am On Nov 12, 2009
i have a feeling that one day OBJ will be called to give account of his stewardship. He did more than enough to spend the rest of his life in jail, and one day, ota farm will miss him.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by selingel: 9:05am On Nov 12, 2009
PeeDaVinci:

how i wish pple on thi forum think before they start condeming OBJ on this ecological fund!!!
OBJ administration was indicted, and not OBJ. Obasanjo was not the direct manager of the fund!!! The only parallel I can draw to what many of you are doing is "saying OBJ is corrupt becuase Anenih stole money as a minister in OBJ's govt"
Morealso, Every tier of Govt has a stake in the management of the fund, so, if the fund was mismanaged, Yaradua, and Jonathan were part of the pple that mismanaged it coz they got part of the money tooo

i feel Jonathan just want to prove that their govt is independent from OBJ, that was why he was saying that, if he really wants to be serious with this, they should investigate the people that directly managed the fund, and submit names, (with evidence) of the thieves to EFCC, and not using the media to fool many nigerians stupid sentiments, such as we have on nairaland

My friend, don't garnish anything here. A thief is a thief. If a government is good, they praise the head of the administration, so also otherwise. I learnt Bode George is not doing badly where he is, There is enough privacy in the N1m chalet, let him just volunteer to be his colleague, else if forced there, then he will die there. I must add, if he dies before finishing his prison term, they should cremate hid body and be allowed to finish the term there please!.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by blapo(m): 9:10am On Nov 12, 2009
What i would have loved to see would have been a bold headline saying OBJ ARRESTED IN OTA FARM and not indicted. Will this be the first time he will be indicted or will he be the first nigerian to be indicted and nothing happens after?
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by PeeDaVinci: 9:33am On Nov 12, 2009
selingel:

My friend, don't garnish anything here. A thief is a thief. If a government is good, they praise the head of the administration, so also otherwise. I learnt Bode George is not doing badly where he is, There is enough privacy in the N1m chalet, let him just volunteer to be his colleague, else if forced there, then he will die there. I must add, if he dies before finishing his prison term, they should cremate hid body and be allowed to finish the term there please!.

sorry, i dont get you, do you mean that Obasanjo should be arrested and prosecuted for all financial crimes perpetrated by his appointees in his Govt because he was heading the govt/appointed them? I am not saying OBJ is innocent, but if OBJ did steal, prosecute him , and if it was his appointees, then, prosecuute them, and dont play media games with Nigerians (which is what Jonathan is doing)
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by selingel: 9:37am On Nov 12, 2009
PeeDaVinci:

sorry, i dont get you, do you mean that Obasanjo should be arrested and prosecuted for all financial crimes perpetrated by his appointees in his Govt because he was heading the govt/appointed them? I am not saying OBJ is innocent, but if OBJ did steal, prosecute him , and if it was his appointees, then, prosecuute them, and dont play media games with Nigerians (which is what Jonathan is doing)

Can you copy Jonathan, this your reply?, because I know that, OBJ is not a Saint as you put it.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by back2back(f): 10:10am On Nov 12, 2009
SAD.

OBJ destroyed 8 good years and still destroying it.

It is on record, crude oil was selling for $142 per barrel.

The highest in history and NIGERIA has nothing to show for it!!
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Maxidoe(m): 12:13pm On Nov 12, 2009
stede:

Quote from: oge4real on Yesterday at 01:02:57 PM
Let me see who will have the guts to touch OBJ. they better overlook him and punish the smaller fishes.
So you think OBJ should be overlooked because he is a "big fish" Shocked

we ar all corrupt in nigeria. from the top to the grass root level, wot a mess even if you ar given the same opportunity OBJ had you will do more that. we ar all theifs. true yan,

This is crap,absolute crap,talk for yourself, if u are a thief it does not mean all Nigerians are thieves, if you wud do worse than OBJ, it does not mean others wud do worse than OBJ,for me OBJ is a demon in disguise,so i can imagine someone who wud do worse than OBJ.How on earth can you have that thought that you wud do worse than OBJ if given the chance,am shocked of the kind of person you are then
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by chosen04(f): 12:26pm On Nov 12, 2009
stede:

we ar all corrupt in nigeria. from the top to the grass root level, wot a mess even if you ar given the same opportunity OBJ had you will do more that. we ar all theifs. true yan,

We are all not thieves. Most of us have had the opportunities of handling "cool cash" for our various organisations and societies and we still delivered. There are also examples of Nigerians who had picked various large sums of money and still turned it in.

So go and examine yourself and stop ranting on public forum. Just admit you are a "nothing for good THIEF" and stop linking very body to stealing and looting.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by selingel: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2009
chosen04:

We are all not thieves. Most of us have had the opportunities of handling "cool cash" for our various organisations and societies and we still delivered. There are also examples of Nigerians who had picked various large sums of money and still turned it in.

So go and examine yourself and stop ranting on public forum. Just admit you are a "nothing for good THIEF" and stop linking very body to stealing and looting.

Good talk Madam.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by centnaira: 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2009

Oge what do u mean by small fish?
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by aywills(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2009
As far as i am concern obj, is the best leader that nigeria's history cannot overlook. Lets not mix sentinment to issues that affect the individuals and our state of nation. Obj is human, and so he's subject to imperfections and errors. During his tenure, he miscalculated and repairs some vital areas of nation building. cool
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by FrankC3: 12:58pm On Nov 13, 2009
I guess that what people dont understand is that ministers and appointees get screened and approved by the senate (supposedly representing Nigerians) and that means that we are meant to be the real employers of those people just as we are to OBJ in an ideal situation. That means that OBJ and his appointees are accountable to the people and not to OBJ. If you stretch it, common sense will suggest that every body will give account of his own stewardship to the same employers ( the people). So it is just stupid to come here with this talk of pull OBJ down just to make the present government look better.

Obama said during the presidential campaign that "If you don’t have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from". If these guys can run, let them run and lets see. Stop indicting, start probing and lets know how the money got lost. But they wont because OBJ may come out unconnected as it was with NPA fund. Thats not good for the strategy. The strategy is simple: "let OBJ be the bad guy of all times and take the heat away from ourselves".
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Gstring: 1:17pm On Nov 13, 2009
Our so-called leaders have no moral right or the political will to persecute their fellow looters because they are all guilty of the same offense, or else, one wonders why the likes of Obasanjo is still working the street a free man when in the actual fact, he should be behind bars like his croony Olabode George. The EFCC should investigate this report and do the needful asap.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by donjon: 12:26am On Nov 14, 2009
Great! When is he exchanging his agbada for a jail suit
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by kasim155: 10:29am On Nov 14, 2009
u know that is how they will come to talk and before u know u won't hear anything again, so please we all should mind the way we interfere in their issue, not until they impose death penaties on those u use public fund to enrich themselve, we will just being all day with seeing any action.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by kasim155: 10:35am On Nov 14, 2009
u know that is how they will come to talk and before u know u won't hear anything again, so please we all should mind the way we interfere in their issue, not until they impose death penaties on those u use public fund to enrich themselve, we will just being talking all day without seeing any action.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by SapeleGuy: 11:35am On Nov 14, 2009
Forget this ecological fund, they are just trying to deceive people. There are more solid examples of looting that OBJ can be indicted for, this isn't one of them.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Oboma1(m): 2:22pm On Nov 14, 2009
No matter how long it takes, justice will catch up with this people.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by maguire03: 4:53am On Nov 17, 2009
dat man is d biggest thief around town embarassed
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by maguire03: 4:56am On Nov 17, 2009
painfull enough yar adua can't do nortin
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Fhemmmy: 5:46am On Nov 17, 2009
Just wonder how the indictment is comingggggggggggg lipsrsealed
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Jaybee2412(m): 6:24am On Nov 17, 2009
Where were these people when OBJ was in charge of this fund? Were they not part of the PDP Cabals doing the looting together? Why couldn't they say anything by then? PDP has been in power for 10 bad years and all we hear was corruption here and there. None of those accusing OBJ of mismanaging the fund has the moral right to do so. Its too late to cry when the head is off. As for those accusing Ribadu, was he the AUditor GEneral of the federation or a member of the National Assembly? He was a law enforcement officer, he could only act if any crime was reported or suspected. He could not possibly go after OBJ when nobody raised an eyebrow by the time.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Oboma1(m): 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2009
Jaybee2412:

Where were these people when OBJ was in charge of this fund? Were they not part of the PDP Cabals doing the looting together? Why couldn't they say anything by then? PDP has been in power for 10 bad years and all we hear was corruption here and there. None of those accusing OBJ of mismanaging the fund has the moral right to do so. Its too late to cry when the head is off. As for those accusing Ribadu, was he the AUditor GEneral of the federation or a member of the National Assembly? He was a law enforcement officer, he could only act if any crime was reported or suspected. He could not possibly go after OBJ when nobody raised an eyebrow by the time.

You started very well, but ended badly. Ribadu's hands can never be removed from any allegation of corruption during OBJ's tenure. He had unlimited powers, and had access to any information he wanted. He knows very well, that his hands were soiled, that is why his collaborators in EFCC had to carry some vital documents home, when they were removed from office. Is it not the same Ribadu that said, Bode George was corruption free? Why was he now accepting glory for his conviction. Just leave Ribadu out of it, as he started well, and ended badly just as you did above.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by selingel: 12:01pm On Nov 19, 2009
I know one fact. So long this earth liveth, seed time and harvest time, will never cease. People will pay for every actions of theirs.
Re: Fg Indicts Obasanjo Over N200bn Ecological Fund by Oboma1(m): 6:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
I cannot wait to see OBJ behind bars!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘My Appointment Was Based On Merit, Not Because Of My Father’ - Dapo Lam-Adesina / The Richest Most Powerfull 7 Year Old In The World. / The 5 Biggest Lies President Goodluck Jonathan Has Told Nigerians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.