Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,822 members, 7,889,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:58 PM

Help! Someone Just Use My Bank Account To Shop Online - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help! Someone Just Use My Bank Account To Shop Online (666 Views)

My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / "How N37k Was Debited From My Bank Account Through My Stolen Phone" (Photos) / Kidnapper Evans: How Much I Have In My Bank Accounts & How I Got Colon Cancer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! Someone Just Use My Bank Account To Shop Online by honeyhoney(m): 3:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
I just got a debit alert now from my gtbank account and I was so surprise to see that, because I have never disclosed my atm card details to anybody before. I never knew a person bearing osemeke veronica Ada before.

What make me confused now is that, I transferred my money to my brother yesterday and I have just 200naira left in my account. Then bank force debit my account with 2700naira and put my account in debit of 2500naira.

The question in my mind now is

How does osemeke veronica got my card details when I always put my card in my bag at home

Also, is the account safe to operate even if I block my current atm card

Please I need answer to those questions and please don't mind my writing as I'm not good at that

Thank you

Re: Help! Someone Just Use My Bank Account To Shop Online by Afam4eva(m): 3:24pm On Dec 05, 2016
Instead of you to contact the bank, you're here opening a thread.
Re: Help! Someone Just Use My Bank Account To Shop Online by ifyalways(f): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
You're wrong OP!

It was a POS transaction and Osemeke was merely the merchant( receiver) and NOT the person who stole your card.

Btw, I'm not sure an ordinary C card(without mandate) can successfully do a negative transaction so maybe it's a wrong alert( could be from fraudsters), or you've done this transaction long time ago and getting debited now.

Contact your bank but before then remove Osemeke from your write up. S/he is likely innocent.

1 Like

Re: Help! Someone Just Use My Bank Account To Shop Online by honeyhoney(m): 5:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
ifyalways:
You're wrong OP!

It was a POS transaction and Osemeke was merely the merchant( receiver) and NOT the person who stole your card.

Btw, I'm not sure an ordinary C card(without mandate) can successfully do a negative transaction so maybe it's a wrong alert( could be from fraudsters), or you've done this transaction long time ago and getting debited now.

Contact your bank but before then remove Osemeke from your write up. S/he is likely innocent.
Ok thank you... I have block the card already
Re: Help! Someone Just Use My Bank Account To Shop Online by sisisioge: 5:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
ifyalways:
You're wrong OP!

Aunty, come talk true...you be police? Tell, I won't tell anyone cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Man Arraigned For Issuing N15 Million Dud Cheque (photo) / Man Bites Wife’s Ear During Scuffle In Lagos / Boy Abandoned Over Witchcraft Allegations, Is Set To Begin School (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.