Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,793 members, 7,875,970 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 05:57 AM

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) (73572 Views)

Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ehissi(m): 9:29pm On Dec 05, 2016
mrvitalis:

U will have to ship it to Nigeria

This means u will have to pay double custom clearance, so u see it won't make sense so car dealers will now ship to lagos and other poets leading to more revenue for Nigeria, and this will also strengthen naira against franc

And where will they get dollars to ship/import the cars?

Lemme get this straight, so you would rather lose dollars to Europe and the US than lose local currency to Benin?

Are you even aware that the maximum amount of FX an individual can transfer outta Nigeria is $10,000?

Do you know the amount of headache it takes to clear a car from the ports? Which is even congested, before the ban was implemented, imagine what will happen now with the ban in place?

Why not borrow a lead from Benin Republic model and Charge more transparent and competitive rates instead of trying to use "Red-tapes" to promote trade at the ports?

Thats what an educated person will do, use a model that works..............and not this rubbish they want to force down the throat of Nigerians............ angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by jorion(m): 9:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
mfm04622:

Have you thought about the reason anybody will pay customs duties TWICE? If you import through other countries, you pay customs duty there and also to bring it to Nigeria. The truth is, they smuggle these vehicles in, denying Nigeria her proper revenue.

the fact that majority on nigerians would prefer to pay custom duty twice, does that not tell you alot about this country.......or maybe you are just no smart enough. mark my words, if this succeeds, the port charges would be tripled by your leaders 7 years from now

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by vivaciousvivi(f): 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
ritababe:

that's why we have innoson
They still import most of their 'parts. Laudable as their achievements are, they still operate more like an assembly plant. And most Nigerians still can't afford brand new - their prices are way above N2m.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by iluvdonjazzy: 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
Agunechibeya:
This is the type of comments that makes me pity PMB. A man who set out to free enslaved people who prefer to remain slaves. Nigerians dutifully pay for import duties in other countries but evades duties in their own country. Chai... Sentimental fools
u don't kn mush, if nt, you would have know that the prize of vehicle is going to skyrocket just like rice. By d way did u kn d amount they sell car battery now.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by delishpot: 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
thesicilian:

Nothing in my statement says whether I am or am not directly affected. Besides that, it is always better to understand the reasons for some government policies first, before one opens his or her mouth to criticize. Not every ban is ill conceived.

I did not say it is evil. I said why would they not have an opinion even if they are not rich enough to buy a car? I made the comment because you said....even those who do not have money to buy cars are reacting. So I ask you, why should they fold their arms and not have opinion because they can not afford to buy any car today?
That a person means well doesn't mean every step he takes to achieve it is the right one. Or done at the right moment. The fact that the fed govt has an aim does not mean that everyone should agree with govt idea and solutions

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by joeboy4reel(m): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
ASL33:
This is nice. Sai baba 2023
Mr man just shut up if you no know wetin to talk.....you and who till 2023
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:
Can you kindly keep quiet. You applied for N-power 30k job and you know that you will need to save your two year salary without touching it before you can dream of doing window shopping for a toks car.

People like you with nothing to lose on this government obnoxious policies are the one drumming support for this government.

I won't mind paying you 35k per month to give up that N-power job so that your conscience will be free to condemn this atrocious govt.

Don't allow this N-power to be a Sword of Damocles over you.

Eph123 come and see what your friend typed
Abeg gimme the 35k just for one month let me settle some of my problems.
I need am pass that guy
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by refreshrate: 9:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
ibrahimbashir99:

Truth, even America import tooth picks... What a pity.
Assemling creates more jobs and innovation.

Yes it's true that's why forex and other incentives are in place for the assemblers
I feel so sorry for you locally assembled are at par in cost with imported but hey it's providing more jobs and innovation.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ehissi(m): 9:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
babs50g:
His policies are just too stringent . What is the ratio of our own manufactured vehicle compare to import . What is the capacity of innoson vehicle ? At least before u ban ur production must be at the optimum, or u create import substitution. Make the economy conducive for investors to put their money down , make sure infrastructure are in place , optimum energy , tax holiday and we shall be call a beautiful country . How many of our vessels are in operation in other countries, same with our aviation.? The country is just up side down . And duty rate of vehicle coming in is about 35%. Where are the money going into . The Nigeria custom, revenue alone enough to feed the whole , same with FiRS . We should be the one lending other countries loan , and not we begging for loan if we gets our acts Together . There is so much waste in the system. What a country ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Point of correction......total dues obtainable at the ports is 48%.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mrvitalis(m): 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
ehissi:

Lemme get this straight, so you would rather lose dollars to Europe and the US than lose local currency to Benin?

Are you even aware that the maximum amount of FX an individual can transfer outta Nigeria is $10,000?

Do you know the amount of headache it takes to clear a car from the ports? Which is even congested, before the ban was implemented, imagine what will happen now with the ban in place?

Why not borrow a lead from Benin Republic model and Charge more transparent and competitive rates instead of trying to use "Red-tapes" to promote trade at the ports?

Thats what an educated person will do, use a model that works..............and not this rubbish they want to force down the throat of Nigerians............ angry
Were ever they like they can get the forex

The next step should be 600% tax on imported cars.. . If Nigeria is a good market for u, u will come n build plants here
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by loveuGOD: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Food don land for those custom officers at seme borders.
They banned rice through land borders but there is this cotonou rice everywhere. Custom collect bribe and allow it pass through d same land borders.
Yeye dey smell
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by refreshrate: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
ehissi:

At bolded...nuff said!

Frankly you shouldn't have stressed yourself answering that guy. He's going to come soon to buttress the vacuum between his ears, just watch.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ify1234: 9:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
And people here wouldn't ask themselves why Nigerians prefer to buy from Contonou than Nigeria.Why not make importing through Nigerian ports so attractive. Why not clear off the whole mess in the Nigerian customs.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by DammyOlu123(m): 9:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
This is utter rubbish. Imagine the effrontery!!! angry angry angry

Plain rubbish. Only in Nigeria does a government place a ban on such a substantial revenue source without a cogent reason. No reason given to the masses. Nothing!!!

I repeat, this is utter rubbish. Whatever this man is smoking, he needs to stop, or STEP THA FÚCK DOWN!!!

angry angry
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
... Dictatorial regime dishing out dictatorial laws.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Legend87(m): 9:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:

The idea is to encourage local manufacturers which is good. Aren't you happy with the rice revolution? I am.

Which yeye ''rice revolution'' when people still buy one ''mudu'' at the rate of #800 compare to the usual #350?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ThesailorR: 9:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
I personally have never liked buhari not for any reason. But lets imagine i did believe his slogan fight corruption.
Did he mean a one sided corruption?
Now lets say he wanted to improve the economy, isnt it a step at a tym. Rome wasnt built in a day niether can nigeria become a utopia overnight its a step at a tym.
Obj hated by many still remembered for communication.
For buhari all dat is seen is hardship its like he wakes up every morning and whatever crawls up his ass he implements forgetting he has other unfinished buisness.
Buhari if u do want to get voted in again even if its by sheer luck finish one thing first before moving to the next if not i hate to see wat hell will look like for u if u run for a re-election.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by stpat1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:
Can you kindly keep quiet. You applied for N-power 30k job and you know that you will need to save your two year salary without touching it before you can dream of doing window shopping for a toks car.

People like you with nothing to lose on this government obnoxious policies are the one drumming support for this government.

I won't mind paying you 35k per month to give up that N-power job so that your conscience will be free to condemn this atrocious govt.

Don't allow this N-power to be a Sword of Damocles over you.

Eph123 come and see what your friend typed

That was insensitive of you. You tried to convey your message via a very wrong means.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 10:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
ehissi:

france should directly declare war on nigeria already..

we are tired of this financial european mambo jambos...

europe should directly declare war on africa and stop playing mental games..

we are tired of it..

we are warriors..we are not faggotts... angry

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ultimatebas(m): 10:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
youngsahito:
let Buhari kuku ban all of us in Nigeria...I hate this useless president

I think this picture epitomises buhari's government.

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by babadee1(m): 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
DedeNkem:
What was his reason for banning road imports?

Instead of focusing on resolving the recession he created, the id*iot is hell bent in creating more and more problems for ordinary citizens! This st*upid ban is going to make cars more expensive!

No country in the world banned importation of goods via road, except in this useless country which is being led by an outright incompetent and tribalist as*shole!

Your bias is stinking. I don't support this particular decision but to blame Buhari for creating the recession is extremely dishonest and you know it or you should.
It's very easy to blame any govt you don't like for anything, but facts are still facts. The current recession in Nigeria started in the dying days of the previous administration.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ThesailorR: 10:11pm On Dec 05, 2016
youngsahito:
let Buhari kuku ban all of us in Nigeria...I hate this useless president

Then cry out and vote him out are we so powerless he was brought in to serve and he hasn't done that so remove him.
Nigerians are just weak people and never straight forward if not a united petition to remove him from seat is all we need we don't need to fight we just need a peaceful demonstration let the world know of our pain. That is the first step to fighting for ur right to being a Nigerian who can effect change.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Ameh1996(m): 10:13pm On Dec 05, 2016
dat is welcome development as it help to creat value 4 nigerian goods. we also have car assemblies which can stand the test of time
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by darknetcom: 10:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
babadee1:

Your bias is stinking. I don't support this particular decision but you blame Buhari for creating the recession is extremely dishonest and you know it or you should. It's very easy to blame any govt you don't like for anything, but facts are still facts. The current recession in Nigeria started in the dying days of the previous administration.

they must all migrate to europe or else nigeria will never progress...

our goal now is to frustrate them so much that they all willfuly migrate to europe..

we can do it,...without touching a hair of their heads...

with our votes!!!...
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ThesailorR: 10:18pm On Dec 05, 2016
[quote author=babadee1 post=51668973]

Your bias is stinking. I don't support this particular decision but to blame Buhari for creating the recession is extremely dishonest and you know it or you should.
It's very easy to blame any govt you don't like for anything, but facts are still facts. The current recession in Nigeria started in the dying days of the previous administration.[/quote

Bais you Say well maybe but WATS the fxn of an effective leader isn't he to salvage a situation as best as he can instead of digging a grave for for the nation. If u say he is trying shed light on one area that is improving
Progress is how u measure work done I don't see any of that. So if u say bias u will be talking of urself cos u have eyes but don't want to See.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Dare2Try(m): 10:21pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abeg make I laugh small, Sai Baba abeg were are zombies, let Dem come and see what their master is up to
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Dymaco(m): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
I really don't get what is people's problem with this

Did he ban car importation? No

If u are genuine businessman this will not affect u in anyway.. so u prefer revenue that's supposed to go to Nigeria to continue to go to other countries?? I actually don't understand Nigeria

talk of a lunatic....
I bet that u don't have anything doing in your life. have u ever ask ur self why we choose Cotonou port
Cotonou custom make sure that ur cars is cleared within 3days unlike in Nigeria where u have to wait for two weeks to clear unless u lobby.

Cotonou custom duties is twice lower than your stupid country custom duties with fast attendance....
before u type think

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ibrahimbashir99(m): 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
refreshrate:

Yes it's true that's why forex and other incentives are in place for the assemblers
I feel so sorry for you locally assembled are at par in cost with imported but hey it's providing more jobs and innovation.

So your point is?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by chiscodedon(m): 10:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
plaetton:

I don't know from.what angle you have read my.posts here.
Let me put it in another way.

The economy, demand and supply, the market place, commerce does not yield to brooms and sticks. It yields to good , consistent policy.
Water must find it's level. Same with money, capital and commerce.
Command and control doesn't work.
It has never worked,. Not for America, not for Europe, not for any Asian economy.

Streamline the ports, and customs for efficient service delivery at reasonable costs, and VIOLA! You attract both domestic and foreign user.
Simple.

This present measure will only create many more multi millionaires and billionaires in the customs and border agencies.
You know this to be fact.
streamline the seaports,lemme know how that would be done sir...
also you won't control or command your economy is that what u trying to tell me?
let me tell u now, China as a country shut down there boarder for number of years I can't categorically state now from importation be it toothpick, food both by land and sea, citizens clamored, they strategize building a new China, many suffered, but today what can u say about China sir?
before now could u believe that Nigeria can provide 80% rice that can feed the nation? all heads were bent on imported Asian rice which I know big men like u can't remember when they ate local rice last then,but now farmers are having hope,there's happiness in going to farm. we must make Nigeria great again
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Emarc16(m): 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
I LOVE MY PRESIDENT

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by calabardick(m): 10:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
saintmark88:

I have told u, what u need is dick in ur life...........u need a guy with a larger pennis than ur boyfriends Pennis to reset ur brain

Or maybe a night in the cucumber republic can change her life
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by rottenegg: 10:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
chiscodedon:

streamline the seaports,lemme know how that would be done sir...
also you won't control or command your economy is that what u trying to tell me?
let me tell u now, China as a country shut down there boarder for number of years I can't categorically state now from importation be it toothpick, food both by land and sea, citizens clamored, they strategize building a new China, many suffered, but today what can u say about China sir?
before now could u believe that Nigeria can provide 80% rice that can feed the nation? all heads were bent on imported Asian rice which I know big men like u can't remember when they ate local rice last then,but now farmers are having hope,there's happiness in going to farm. we must make Nigeria great again
Where is the 80% of rice? I don't get this...I've been reading it but I don't see it. I just bought rice 20k a bag yesterday at Uyo... Where is this 6k per bag y'all be talking about?
Streamline the port charges...make the process more efficient by getting rid of all the useless custom charges and for God freakin sakes, let people be able to clear their cars on their own...without these blood sucking agents and custom cows! Do this first and then ban.
Most of you don't know that charges for duty on cars are not a constant here in Nigeria. Go to the ports first and try to clear a spoon then come back here and shout "good policy!"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Four APC Leaders Assassinated In Rivers State. Graphic Photos / Prince Mohammed Audu's For Kogi Governorship (Photo) / Oshiomhole And Iara At The Wedding Of Bayo Omoboriowo (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.