Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,972 members, 7,942,471 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 10:48 AM

Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology (6091 Views)

Should I Build A Dam And Use Turbines To Generate Electricity For My Business? / Dangote, Others Generate 15,000MW Of Electricity From Private Plants / ‘nigeria To Generate Power From Nuclear Tech By 2019’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by saintfrank(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
It’s very obvious that the government are looking for one way or the other to make fool of them self not we the follower. A nuclear power plant is not sum thing u jst woke up t build. D president that we plan of such verbal project is not yet available. But it we b build at God best time
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by monopolist: 6:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
Nuclear Energy is very good if with cutting edge technology we can 'kill' the risk to below 3%, then we will generate maximum energy that will even power the whole Africa.

Nuclear is part of the future and we will become a Nuclear Power if our Power Sector is handled by God-fearing Scientists, Engineers and technocrats.

The Question is WHO WILL VOLUNTEER HIS OR HER VILLAGE OR STATE FOR THE NUCLEAR POWER PLANT?
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by AloyEmeka6: 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
monopolist:

Nuclear Energy is very good if with cutting edge technology we can 'kill' the risk to below 3%, then we will generate maximum energy that will even power the whole Africa.

Nuclear is part of the future and we will become a Nuclear Power if our Power Sector is handled by God-fearing Scientists, Engineers and technocrats.

The Question is WHO WILL VOLUNTEER HIS OR HER VILLAGE OR STATE FOR THE NUCLEAR POWER PLANT?

4 locations in total.  1 in the north, 2 in the southwest and 1 in the east but Ganiyu Adams(OPC scribe) is complaining about it saying that nuclear plants are not the type of development we need in the southwest. I was wondering why the North decided to wash their hands off from locating this project in their soil. The only one in the North will be located in Kuru, Plateau state and its proximity to the North is farther than the south. Good observation.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by manny4life(m): 6:57pm On Nov 13, 2009
Nuclear? Nigeria is a joke and I keep laughing because it's not only out of order, but I don't think Mr. minister realthy had a good thought on it. I can now see those cities they would those reactors are finally heading towards extinction. Who wants a nuclear bomb in his backyard grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Singular: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2009
Wow I dont think nuclear energy is the way to go. . .but if it can help solve our nations energy needs lets go there!. . . with caution of course
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On Nov 13, 2009
lol 9ja we 2 much,well its good its in ABJ so when it leaksit can xplode and kill the bastards chopulating our money,Idiots, I hiss with an attitude grin
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Tanzos: 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2009
When unqualified people enter Govt, chop money and have access to premium quality spirits and other forms of alcohol jablata begins to fall out of their mouths.
Simple road they havent been able to put to standard, its nuclear plant they want now, small time another 60Billion will disappear through the budget for this.
Bandits!
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by kinol: 9:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
Our academicians in universities that suppose to champion most of our developmental projects are only interested in pay raise and also busy dishing out theories rather than practical. What a pity. everybody is selfish in Nigeria especially our so call leaders
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by webgenius(m): 9:20pm On Nov 13, 2009
My contribution will be based on pragmatism. The countries upstream the Niger river will not always be passive and watch as we dam the river for our own use. If one day, they decide to dam the river,our Kainji is doomed. Power from thermal energy is useful also if our bros in the Niger delta will let the pipelines be.Other sources eg wind and solar are worthy of consideration.
The USA is the largest user of Nuclear energy for electricity(25% of total) and this outweighs France which has 75% of its energy being derived from nuclear. If we can reach a working agreement with the countries of the Sahara, the plant can be located there and electricity generated shared with them. Nuclear energy affords us the opportunity to produce large amounts of electricity ultimately being cheaper than many other sources
I also heard of a plan to build a large hydro plant based on the Congo river to supply Nigeria, Cameroon and DR Congo. I don't know what has happened to this plan.
Billions of dollars spent on the IPPs with little to show for it because of militants. This could have set us well on the way to having Nuclear electricity
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Igbanibo: 9:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
We cant repair our refineries and power plants, talk much less of nuclear power. No, we should not go down that road, because it is too risky.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Oking1(m): 10:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
Nuclear Power ke?!? :' shocked shocked shocked.this govt wan kill us for this country!!!do they know the stringent conditions,regulations,and safety procedure necessary for this kind of project? do they think its something you just rush into and do whatever you like?do they even know the consequences of a nuclear misshape? this is simply another issue of misplaced priority.they have not even been able to go beyond producing electricity from simple fuel they want to advance to the more complicated nuclear power.i am sure the dumb minister is just hoping to get some kind of money from govt for the project frm which he can fill his pockets cool.why cant this govt just stick to the simple things instead of trying to kill us with radiation cry sad
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Radiant(f): 10:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
Another promise to leave the people ever hoping but only to dash their hope and leave them miserable. This is a recycled promise.

Only nuclear? We should be aiming to cruise on the moon cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by candylips(m): 10:21pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^ i taya o cheesy
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Radiant(f): 10:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
Lol. . Candy, how u doing? Haven't seen you in a bit  tongue
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by candylips(m): 10:26pm On Nov 13, 2009
yes o. am doing good. how are you too. You don't come on here very often again

btw i am following your rants in the diaspora thread grin
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Radiant(f): 10:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
candylips:

yes o. am doing good. how are you too. You don't come on here very often again

btw i am following your rants in the diaspora thread grin

Looks like your craze hasn't left you grin I'm aight though. . .yea, just came back to NL recently but nothing has changed tho' wink grin
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by reindeer: 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2009
I see our finger is firmly on the self-destruct button.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by candylips(m): 10:56pm On Nov 13, 2009
Radiant:

Looks like your craze hasn't left you grin I'm aight though. . .yea, just came back to NL recently but nothing has changed tho' wink grin

no mind my. i still dey look for cure for ma craze grin
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by amor4ce(m): 10:58pm On Nov 13, 2009
Please those who love naija should not hesitate to protest against this show of stupidity. Where will the nuclear waste be dumped? Have they discovered a way to reduce the half-life of uranium by a thousand-fold? Is uranium going to be imported from Niger? Once upon a time, the excuse used to be that there was low water level at kainji dam, then the natural gas turbines were introduced and the excuse evolved to that of vandalization and price wars and debt settlements. What about wind energy? What about energy from ocean waves?What about solar energy? Is there any green project or endeavor from this regime? What have those of us outside the corridors of power done to show that we do not need to wait for the rulers to get things done?

I love DIY (Do-It Yourself) and I'm ashamed of myself for forgetting/abandoning the stuff I did as a kid, building and repairing toys and gadgets from scratch and getting devices to work and better too after implementing various modifications and shortcuts from scratch. I got even more mortified after reading about the exploits of William Kwamkwamba:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8257153.stm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arD374MFk4w
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/wed-october-7-2009/william-kamkwamba

Everyman must work out his salvation!
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by luv2talk(m): 12:29am On Nov 14, 2009
These criminals in Govt are always looking for ways to enrich themselves
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Fhemmmy: 3:52am On Nov 14, 2009
luv2talk:

These criminals in Govt are always looking for ways to enrich themselves

what do u expect when u have fools as the leader of a nation full of blind people.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by puskin: 4:19am On Nov 14, 2009
Who was that insane person that touted this idea.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by stede(m): 4:23am On Nov 14, 2009
fish dey mesh.  let,s wait and see au it happens.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by hackney(m): 9:27am On Nov 14, 2009
Time for white elephant contracts

Also just as the phone masts cause long term deformities and therefore not seen in the immidiate,
nuclear disasters that manifest decades later in mutations and babies with 2 heads, no hands etc is the direction about to be
taken in the devil's playground called Nigeria.

We cant manage standard power plants and we are talking about Nuclear ones.
Welldone.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by tashanja(m): 11:45am On Nov 14, 2009
Did somebody say nuclear power plants in Nigeria
Well, they(govt) will definitely manage them as well as they have been managing the country; and we'll either be poisoned from the leaks or be toasted from the blast when eventually everything explodes - consequences of selfishness, greed and ignorance of our leaders, and worst still the stupidity and damn right indolence of the followership (us/we) that continue to follow them, like mumus cry cry. We are truly deserving of everything we get in so far as we will continue to sit back and tolerate all these nonsenses angry angry
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 14, 2009
Fake
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by adamsN: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2009
Waste to be converted to electricity; this is good thinking but everybody is forgetting the kick-back this govt officials receive from importation of generators and now you want to block their chops.
Regular power supply in Nigeria means death of Senators, ministers, commisioners.e.t.c. In short forget it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by fowler: 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
SEVEN POINT AGENDA
I no fit shout lipsrsealed
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by yinka85: 7:34pm On Nov 14, 2009
Total nonsense and absolute display of stupidity and utter ignorance.Nuclear energy ke? In a rogue and almost failed state?.The supreme Master will surely deliver us from these hoodlums that call themselves leaders,Insha Allah.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
[size=22pt]Nigerian government could not manage Ikeja armoury, thus the bomb blast, talkless of NUCLEAR KINI, OKAY I understand their plan they want to reduce the population,they should let  the site sit @ the north at least if it occurs there we know na oga's people go suffer or[s] Ijebu Ode were we have the highest numbers of native doctors[/s] [/size]

chikena  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by amor4ce(m): 8:23pm On Nov 14, 2009
It is not enough to come here and express disgust. What are we as individuals and communities doing to tackle the epileptic power generation, distribution, transmission and supply quagmire without waiting for "government" intervention?

On Tuesday at my University I attended an Industrial Strength Bioseminar and Networking Lunch with the CEO of Sapphire Energy. The company produces crude oil from algae and research is going on now to improve yield and quality(light and sweet crude). The Saudis are also interested in crude oil from algae and the sooner we wake up the better for us. A boeing jet has been flown with this fuel from algae, likewise a toyota prius was "converted" into a toyota algaeus and driven across the US and back. If you are wondering how this is possible, take note that crude oil/fossil fuel iss derived from fossilized algae.
Re: Nigeria To Generate Electricity From Nuclear Technology by lekonso: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2009
The problem with Nigeria is dishonesty and corruption it is not the type of electricity generated. As long as corruption is prevalent in the society nothing will work.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Value Paint Supply At Wholesale Price / Are You An Agent To Any Of These Betting Company Please Share Ur Experience. / Russia Woos Nigeria For The First Nuclear Plant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.