Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,488 members, 7,964,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 03:34 AM

Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading (19561 Views)

Bill To Allow Married Women Choose Origin Passes Second Reading / Bill To Prohibit Tribal Marks Passes Second Reading In Senate / Resource Control Bill Passes Second Reading (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by honeychild(f): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2016
I think Nigeria as a country is completely beyond redemption. Instead of lawmakers to focus on productive things see the nonsense they are doing. And some of them are lawyers o. Our entire criminal code is based on the Bible. We received our laws from England. Which in turn received it from the church at a time in England when there was no separation of state and religion. I wonder what these Ecclesiastical court is going to judge that is not already provided for in the Criminal code. Nonsense.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 07, 2016
EazyMoh:
lol! Copy-cats! Whatever makes you happy. But this is better than criticizing everything Islamic.
I support it.
This is what someone aptly puts it.
Rubish post
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by suyamasta(m): 8:12am On Dec 07, 2016
We dont need any Christian court, Nigeria is a secular state with laws for all, sometimes i wonder what our lawmakers are smoking !!!
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 07, 2016
QuotaSystem:
[b]This bill is simply unnecessary and will validate any sharia shenanigans that Islamic extremists could try to impose on our dear secular country.

Apart from the reasons put forward by several critical thinkers on this thread, has anyone considered the stark contrast between Islamic law and what could be considered Christian law? For example in Islamic law, I'm aware that four witnesses are needed to establish a case of adultery which is not the case with Christian law, and this is one of many disparities that rubbishes the goal of those trying to establish the Christian court in order to checkmate Sharia courts.

What are Christian laws by the way? The ten commandments or the laws of the New testament e.g. turn the other cheek/love your neighbor as yourself? You gotta be kidding.

The idea of Christian courts makes no sense. We should continue to be administered by secular laws, while we live our personal lives according to our doctrines and we will be judged by the law of Christ on the day of judgement. [/b]

If you don't mind, are you a Christian?

1 Like

Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by thesicilian: 9:14am On Dec 07, 2016
Trojan00:
is the court they are establishing a SECULAR CHURCH ? come on guys
Yes. It is secular. Anything or anyone not ordained by God is secular. Its like the government establishing a church and appointing pastors...
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Samgreguc(m): 9:31am On Dec 07, 2016
angeltolly:
Christian court undecided

Iranu sha undecided

**Modified **

And how dare you take each other to court! When you think you have been wronged, does it make any sense to go before a court that knows nothing of God’s ways instead of a family of Christians?

I say this as bluntly as I can to wake you up to the stupidity of what you’re doing. Is it possible that there isn’t one levelheaded person among you who can make fair decisions when disagreements and disputes come up? I don’t believe it. And here you are taking each other to court before people who don’t even believe in God! How can they render justice if they don’t believe in the God of justice?
1Cor 6:1‭, 5-6 (MSG)
a Christian court wont know a shii abt God's way
abeg rethink.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by QuotaSystem: 9:41am On Dec 07, 2016
FriendChoice:

Kathmandu:
Are you a Muslim?

No I don't mind, but I'm sure you'll both agree with me that my religion is neither relevant nor useful to this discourse. Cheers.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by MahatmaGhandi: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2016
When a man marries two wives, he is under obligation to buy everything in twos, what is good for Mariam is also good for Mary.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by drnoel: 10:15am On Dec 07, 2016
Kathmandu:
Why can't we do away with religion in our government and let everything be guided by the constitution

Ma sis na wah for the ignorance of our society. Religion and politics can't mix.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by drnoel: 10:15am On Dec 07, 2016
modath:

These people are not slick!!!Even a newborn can see through this act... Christian court? Maka why? Mr Dung has too much time on his hands!!

I hope this is not a backhanded attempt to smuggle Sharia into national jurisprudence!!!

Thats it bros. That's just it.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by crimeboss: 10:21am On Dec 07, 2016
most people don't see what's going on but some do, these emanated from the northerners pushing for sharia over the totality of the Nigerian constitution since CAN has been trying to stop them from this act but the muslims are adamant about it to cement their supremacy on this country, then christians had to take the initiative by pushing for an ecclesiastical courts, the Christians don't like it but was pushed to the wall by these muslims who are hell bent in setting this country ablaze.
I want people who are less informed about sharia to Google it up, what is forbidden in a country where sharia is the law, how it affects non-muslims, but then in a sharia state all non-muslims are second class citizens, killed, marginalized, women movements restricted, women are relegated, abused and are a man's mercy, sharia is evil and its horribles should only left to imagination and non Muslims are the ones to suffer most, either way sharia or Christian courts both should be stopped with extreme passion.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by crimeboss: 10:28am On Dec 07, 2016
honeychild:
I think Nigeria as a country is completely beyond redemption. Instead of lawmakers to focus on productive things see the nonsense they are doing. And some of them are lawyers o. Our entire criminal code is based on the Bible. We received our laws from England. Which in turn received it from the church at a time in England when there was no separation of state and religion. I wonder what these Ecclesiastical court is going to judge that is not already provided for in the Criminal code. Nonsense.

if that's ur opinion, then they should give it a proper Christian setup which will be very OK, won't u agree?, nah extremist Muslims go destroy this country, always never satisfied.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Ebullient07: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2016
Misplaced priority
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:38pm On Dec 07, 2016
EdCure:

You're my kind of guy.

These filthy moslem ragheads think every Christian meet their delusional stereotypes of docile sissies.

The crusade is gathering storm. They won't know what hits them.
...dem neva jam!
I was right after all, u re a terrorist.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Trojan00(m): 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
thesicilian:

Yes. It is secular. Anything or anyone not ordained by God is secular. Its like the government establishing a church and appointing pastors...
what if the pastor's were asked to nominate amongst themselves and then approved by the senate.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by EdCure: 12:31pm On Dec 08, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I was right after all, u re a terrorist just like Mohammed, Usman Dan fodio, Abubakar shekau, Sa'ad Abubakar, el Zakzaki and all our eternal Fulani overlords, who through jihad, forced this destructive Islamic culture on us. They are always at hand to kill us if we ever try to break free from the blood-spilling chains of Islam.
I couldn't have given a more cursory view of your predicament.

Seeing people writhing in agony is not one of my plenty hobbies...but you don't need to be told that I'm too busy to help you.

3 Likes

Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by NOETHNICITY(m): 12:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
EdCure:

I couldn't have given a more cursory view of your predicament.

Seeing people writhing in agony is not one of my plenty hobbies...but you don't need to be told that I'm too busy to help you.
I pray everyday for u. May God forgive ur ignorance.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by orunto27: 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by orunto27: 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
Christen Laws are:- 1, 10 Commandments given by God, Himself to Moses. 2, The Summary of the Ten, explained by Jesus. 3, The new Commandment by Jesus that we should love one another as He loves us. The Sermon on the Mounts and many more of Jesus' Preachings are Modalities for practising these Laws of God. All Born Again Christians know that the only Court set for hearing the Breach of these Laws of God is with God and Jesus Christ is The Advocate for Born Agains. I don't know what Dung is talking about.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Goke7: 3:01pm On Dec 08, 2016
How will CAN, PFN and co respond to this now, if they speak against it, then it will be like what do you guys really want? If they speak for it, then finally they entered the trap where they can no longer speak against the sharia court system.

Interesting times ahead, the earlier we do away with religious bigotry, then Nigeria will develop very fast.

Pastor Ayo, Rev Kukah am waiting o!
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Xbee007(m): 3:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Kathmandu:
Why can't we do away with religion in our government and let everything be guided by the constitution
Abeg, tell them o.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by QuotaSystem: 7:02am On Dec 19, 2016
FriendChoice:

Yes I am.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by Nobody: 7:31am On Dec 19, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Yes I am.

You're late. I have already find out.
Re: Bill To Establish Christian Court In Nigeria Scales Second reading by QuotaSystem: 7:40am On Dec 19, 2016
FriendChoice:

You're late. I have already find out.

Lol. Okay.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lawal-Dare: Candidate Sacked By Court Wins Fresh PDP Guber Primary In Zamfara / Tunji-Ojo: Automatic Passport Application Process To Start January 8 / Fashola Inspects 76 Housing Units In Jalingo, Taraba State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.