Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,352 members, 7,978,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:47 PM

I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande (3889 Views)

Why I regret campaigning for Change- Opinion / FIGHTING THE "ENEMY" WITHIN... / I Regret My Action, Says Orubebe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
Negro_Ntns: You all need to listen to what Physics just said.

Akinrinade is proud of pounding Biafra but regrets that the objective of their victory and the will to keep Nigeria one has not materialized.

Phase one was to deal with and defeat Biafra. That materialized and he's proud of that!

Phase two was keeping Nigeria together and unified for progress and pride. That did not materialize.

His regret is that without success in phase two, phase one was a waste of time and resource and life.

By all means Biafra had to be dealt with! Ojukwu with his suicidal stubborness and ineptitude dragged innocent igbos to their death and when it was his turn to face bullets he escaped. Coward!
Idio.t.... oya crap 4 your self
Re: I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 26, 2013
PhysicsMHD: It's a bit worrying that some people would distort simple English to fit whatever they want to hear. It's a sign of some sort of persistent delusional world view. The man never showed regret for being anti-Biafra or apologized for fighting the rebels. Rather, he said Nigeria turned out badly so multiple countries consisting of multiple ethnic groups might have been better since one unified Nigeria produced nothing to be proud of, in his opinion. Thus, he thinks the most important action of his life was a waste. Anyway, there could have been different countries after 1957, but that was nipped in the bud by a handful of people as passionate about one Nigeria back then as Akinrinade was in 1967. I wonder whether any of those people apologized either.
Your generation ll always be like Nigeria
Re: I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande by Nobody: 11:59pm On Jun 26, 2013
PhysicsMHD: It's a bit worrying that some people would distort simple English to fit whatever they want to hear. It's a sign of some sort of persistent delusional world view. The man never showed regret for being anti-Biafra or apologized for fighting the rebels. Rather, he said Nigeria turned out badly so multiple countries consisting of multiple ethnic groups might have been better since one unified Nigeria produced nothing to be proud of, in his opinion. Thus, he thinks the most important action of his life was a waste. Anyway, there could have been different countries after 1957, but that was nipped in the bud by a handful of people as passionate about one Nigeria back then as Akinrinade was in 1967. I wonder whether any of those people apologized either.
Nothing good ll never come out from your generation
Re: I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande by dayokanu(m): 12:06am On Jun 27, 2013
Negro_Ntns: You all need to listen to what Physics just said.

Akinrinade is proud of pounding Biafra but regrets that the objective of their victory and the will to keep Nigeria one has not materialized.

Phase one was to deal with and defeat Biafra. That materialized and he's proud of that!

Phase two was keeping Nigeria together and unified for progress and pride. That did not materialize.

His regret is that without success in phase two, phase one was a waste of time and resource and life.

By all means Biafra had to be dealt with! Ojukwu with his suicidal stubborness and ineptitude dragged innocent igbos to their death and when it was his turn to face bullets he escaped. Coward!

Well said

1 Like

Re: I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande by lacicrips(m): 1:15am On Jun 27, 2013
What is this? Year of regrets?
Re: I Regret Fighting The Civil War-akinriande by juman(m): 6:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
you see.

One nigeria fail the masses.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Sam Mbakwe Had To Say While Jailed By The Military Junta / EL-RUFAI NEW LAWS : In Kaduna You Cannot Preach Without License. / CNN Carry Nigeria Do Yeye CHAI !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.