Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,140 members, 7,903,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:28 PM

Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag (44330 Views)

"Tope Adebutu Said Obasanjo's Daughters Are Prostitutes" - Taiwo Obasanjo / Taiwo Obasanjo: "Tope Adebutu Bent On Destroying Olujonwo Obasanjo, My Son" / PHOTO: Osinbajo Gifts Amina Mohammed A Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Histrings08(m): 10:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by selectedhero(m): 1:56am On Dec 09, 2016
well I think, the beauty the flag or otherwise is inconsequential as it stands. Basic fact is; the flag is an accepted national symbol, and someone designed it. The present neglect is symptomatic of a culture of forgetfulness and disregard for our selves and collective heritage. In Nigeria as it stands, you are not neglected because "the flag is not even fine sef". You are, simply because we have lost the sense of value others attach to certain things. After all, the super falcons are the champions of Africa yet, have to protest to get their pays. Funny enough , the minister seems to maintain, they weren't expected to be victorious. Too bad! And for a final addition, the current flag representation was not how akinkunmi had rendered it, it was modified.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by AbelPraize1(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2016
I see some people saying this man did trash and that the flag is ugly well I don't blame them is the country not ugly? ,now I know d only thing u can be rewarded for in dis country is great crime,they abandoned dis man and elrufai paid millions for the herdsmen disturbing his people, Jonathan paid billion to Tompolo,Governors dat did nothing are been paid after the whole money dat has been embezzled by them,humm and youths are saying wat has he done,now I think I pity the future of this country, lastly let me has those criticising him dat the flag is ugly, where was their grandfather wen he was designing it?

5 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by egbaguy2: 7:39am On Dec 09, 2016
I hate this sense of entitlement...... Did he do the work for free? Does it mean he had no life? No profession?

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Lifestone(m): 7:50am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
What makes that man different from you? Stop all these pitying please.

Nigeria flag looks ugly. Couldn't the man take some cue from the British Union Jack or America Stars and Stripes
What's beautiful in the America stars and the British Union Jack? Most of the flags of the countries you mentioned are too colourful, looks childish and unimpressive.
I love Nigeria's flag simplicity and maturity, aside the mere fact that his design was picked among several others already made him an hero.
He doesn't need your confirmation or affirmation.

6 Likes

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by zendy: 8:20am On Dec 09, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
hmmm. great hero

Maybe for those who believe in 'one Nigeria'
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2016
herzern:
OP.

Tell me where he lives in Ibadan.I wish to pay him a courtesy visit.

I think the man should be bestowed with the National honour thouqh.

TBH,He made a name for himself already,His name can never be forqotten in the history of this Great Nation.

Everything you said made sense at first but you ruin it by calling Nigeria a great nation....mtchew

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 09, 2016
Nigerians are always celebrating mediocrity. Please what is so special about the Nigerian flag?

A simple design with mudane colours, when other countries have exotic flags.

Abeg make we hear word jor
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by sylvar02(m): 10:58am On Dec 09, 2016
Hmmm but what's so special about the Nigerian flag? Green white green? Imo tho.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Blurryface(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2016
There is no design in Nigeria's flag.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by holluphemydavid(m): 10:59am On Dec 09, 2016
hero
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by teddywisdom: 11:00am On Dec 09, 2016
WHO NIGERIA EPP?
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by UrennaNkoli(f): 11:00am On Dec 09, 2016
softMarket:
The Flag is beautiful but the country is Ugly!!!

Shey GEJ gave him salary for life,
have they cut it off
That flag is ugly, the country is uglier. Stop talking outta sentiments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by afolarby(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2016
Xposer:
Nigeria has no respect for this kind of people ..very bad

only looters!!!
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Hoodfriend(m): 11:02am On Dec 09, 2016
Who designed the Biafra flag?
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:

Firstly Nigeria flag is damn ugly and there is no two ways about it

Secondly If you don't see yourself as a hero in Nigeria then you still have a long way to go to understand that this government made you a hero by giving you the power of being a government on your own by providing every amenities they failed to provide for you.

Thirdly I've just checked how other citizens treat their heroes and i found out they some people they termed heroes while in Nigeria we have 180million heroes.

Don't shine your teeth beneath me for now

I wont be surprise to see how ugly u look

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 09, 2016
dainformant:
Here's a recent picture of the famous man who designed Nigeria’s flag, Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, and his children. The icon is still alive but his present living condition is that of a forgotten hero. In October 1959, a year before Nigeria gained independence, He designed the flag and was paid – 100 pounds, equal to $281 in 1959.

Now at his old age, the living legend now lives in one of the poorest areas of Ibadan. His house painted in colours of Nigerian flag is a distinctive feature in the area and it can only be reached by foot.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/recent-photo-of-pa-akinkunmi-man-who.html
Seun and Lalasticlala, please I need this man's contact. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by niceprof: 11:05am On Dec 09, 2016
Being objective,he rendered a service for which he was paid for,sentiment aside,i dont see any patriotism here.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by dominion001(m): 11:07am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
it seems you don't know the meaning of beautiful cry check out Ghana South Africa or even Biafra flag.

That man should go down to Oshodi and hustle abeg
i pray u live up to his age and hustle in oshodi. Karma is real.

Back to topic; Nigeria is not worth doing anything for.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by sunnyside16(m): 11:09am On Dec 09, 2016
even the access road to his place is unbicycle-able. shame of a country
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Respect55(m): 11:09am On Dec 09, 2016
. Nonsense flag he designed. Wat else does he want? Do u know how much dat money worth den? He must have lavished it on Owambe party and is now crying foul. Green, white and Green.... Was d big deal about dat? It is even one of the worst flags I have ever seen.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2016
iSlayer2:
Hahhaha. The man is not creative at alllll see the nonsense flag. Well,he shouldn't be too pained tho',his people are one part of the problem. The other is @boki.
the level of ur stupidity is great. Which one ur father has designed before?

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by JackBizzle: 11:13am On Dec 09, 2016
herzern:
OP.

Tell me where he lives in Ibadan.I wish to pay him a courtesy visit.

I think the man should be bestowed with the National honour thouqh.

TBH,He made a name for himself already,His name can never be forqotten in the history of this Great Nation.

We need more nigerians like you. Kudos
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by bejeria101(m): 11:14am On Dec 09, 2016
Ahmadgani:
I thought he was placed on life salary equivalent to that of a level 14 officer by the previous administration

Sir! With dis inept and recession is just a word govt,wont be suprised if has been cancelled.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by bimbo2k10: 11:14am On Dec 09, 2016
Buhari do something
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by alaskido(m): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2016
softMarket:
The Flag is beautiful but the country is Ugly!!!

Shey GEJ gave him salary for life,
have they cut it off

Oh, so he was placed on a lifetime salary by GEJ. That is good. So only GEJ remembered this man. I hope Buhari did not stop this salary o because nothing this Bubu cannot do. Fulani magician.
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 09, 2016
Kathmandu:
it seems you don't know the meaning of beautiful cry check out Ghana South Africa or even Biafra flag.

That man should go down to Oshodi and hustle abeg
Bimbo, to you, u av spoken now. It would av been better if you can tell your father to design his own for us to see. He is very much important than ur whole family not only ur pa. Even if he dies. If he dies today, the whole nigeria will know and mourn him including ur pa. But if ur pa dies today, tell me who is interested in him.

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Bants(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2016
So you can Italy france Switzerland and the rest with 3 stripe flags are ugly there is beauty in simplicity and America to tomorrow love what the flag stand for but not the design..... Someone mentioned Union Jack that's the most ugliest flag in the world...that's why each country in the UK has their own flag
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by orimsamsam(m): 11:26am On Dec 09, 2016
zendy:

Maybe for those who believe in 'one Nigeria'
gbenu werey lo. As far as am concerned u are still a Nigerian. U are still living in Nigeria,

1 Like

Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2016
Respect55:
. Nonsense flag he designed. Wat else does he want? Do u know how much dat money worth den? He must have lavished it on Owambe party and is now crying foul. Green, white and Green.... Was d big deal about dat? It is even one of the worst flags I have ever seen.
ppl like you are called EDA (fool)
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by kassy777: 11:28am On Dec 09, 2016
dainformant:
Here's a recent picture of the famous man who designed Nigeria’s flag, Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, and his children. The icon is still alive but his present living condition is that of a forgotten hero. In October 1959, a year before Nigeria gained independence, He designed the flag and was paid – 100 pounds, equal to $281 in 1959.

Now at his old age, the living legend now lives in one of the poorest areas of Ibadan. His house painted in colours of Nigerian flag is a distinctive feature in the area and it can only be reached by foot.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/recent-photo-of-pa-akinkunmi-man-who.html
him for nor pain the gate black
Re: Recent Photo Of Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi, The Man Who Designed The Nigerian Flag by orimsamsam(m): 11:28am On Dec 09, 2016
Ujoan:
Nigerians are always celebrating mediocrity. Please what is so special about the Nigerian flag?

A simple design with mudane colours, when other countries have exotic flags.

Abeg make we hear word jor
don't know Wht wrong u guys and ur inferiority complex. Must we compare ourself with other country. The color of a flag is useless without it meaning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Youths Walk For Bola Tinubu In Ibadan (Pictures, Video) / Former President Buhari Arrives Katsina Airport Enroute To Daura (photos) / Precious Chikwendu Storms Out Of Court, Judge Fails To Appear

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.