Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,128 members, 7,916,320 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:20 PM

Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) (48671 Views)

Kebbi Rice Farmers Lament Fertilizer Scarcity / Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / See The List Of Africa's Richest People In 2016 (pics) - Factsbyjosh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Neddstark:
I have been hearing of Anambra Rice, Ebonyi rice but till now I aint seen sh!t. Those flattiess are damn too greedy to sell something at affordable prices to all

Let's break the cycle of ethnic chauvinism. Don't descend into that Valley. God bless.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
Am sure u won't see d bright side of this news as usual, always cynical
Godprotectigbo2:
grin grin grin grin

ofonja people sef grin grin grin grin

wetin happen to ofada rice or is it propaganda as usual

lagos kebbi rice grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by bellyjean(m): 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2016
PresidentAtiku:
See what Buhar has reduced Nigerians too! Rice was 9000/ bag for good foreign rice under the last administration. Now we celebrate 13k for local rice! Smh

I will still prefer to pay 13k for naija made rice (the word 'local" is derogatory) than pay 9k for imported rice. Mind you, imported is just a bloated word; the rice kills more than it nourishes.

We should know by now that depending on importation for some of this items (especially food, more especially rice) is plunging our economy into ruins.

The extra 4k is the farmers' profits. He takes the 4k (or many 4k's) to the market to buy clothes, shoes, bags, belts etc, pays his children's school fees, afford to buy good textbooks for his children, pay electricity bills etc etc. The effect is like a web that affects the totality of our economy.

I can go on and on but this rice initiative came just in the nick of time.

God bless you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by sizzlers(m): 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
They need to format dis people brain, government selling 10kg bag of rice for 13k and ur happy, it's better I continue buying 50kg at 25k
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Epic response Tnx
laiza:

Humans are so insanely irritating or irritatingly insane. Earlier this year you guys were like rice is too expensive, what does the govt want us to eat. Now the same "dullard" govt produced rice with the help of Kebbi and Lagos states yet the moronic plagues are still complaining. What of beans, oil palm etc
One question....Can't you farm sir?
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ur moniker says it all, u b ajebuter... tho myt be fake ajebuter tho lol cheesy grin but still u b ajebuter... no rush go buy am wen e komot, u hear Dey form ajebuter upandan lol grin cheesy grin
ajebuter:
Nice one from LAKE

But I will still go for MAMA GOLD anyday..

Sorry...
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by NobleRomm(m): 4:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
i won't believe this until it start selling everywhere in lagos
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by qleap2all(m): 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2016
Timmypromise:

You are right
I still don't know how they are going to sell without traders and politicians hijacking it. The best sure would have been government appointing mobile sales men selling same via mobile show trading
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nope its 13k, read well
fxskye:
Lake Rice for N15k is on a high side.

What will be the final price to consumers?
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by drololaaof: 4:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Hope it's not for the party boys. Nigerians like to make noise even when what is available is not enough to feed 2 LG let wait and see
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
Sibrah:
for point 5, You can't controll who the farmers decide to sell the rice to. Example of Cassava and cocoa demonstrates this. I ton of cassava was reported to yeild N60k worth of garri before the recession when $1=N165, but after Naira lose value to around N300/$ minimum, same cassava that produced N60k worth of garri can now earn the farmer at least N120k via export.

Do you know how much one tonne is?
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by mtngloetiartel: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
herzern:
Ajimobi.

Yhu see your life??

very useless governor
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Horlufemi(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
freeborn76:

What stops you from planting them?
Capital, land, which bank want give me grant. Will you.
I'm actually happy that rice will be sufficient.
We can sell to neighboring African Nations economy will boom.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Horlufemi(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
laiza:

Humans are so insanely irritating or irritatingly insane. Earlier this year you guys were like rice is too expensive, what does the govt want us to eat. Now the same "dullard" govt produced rice with the help of Kebbi and Lagos states yet the moronic plagues are still complaining. What of beans, oil palm etc
One question....Can't you farm sir?

I'm actually happy that rice will be everywhere. Next is palm oil.

We can sell to neighboring African Nations economy will boom. Calm down Oga Ade
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Horlufemi(m): 4:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
saintdennis:

I love this question but it's more question for my dear edo state, also other southern and eastern states.

Pz bought 22,000 hectares in c/river for palm products (palm oil, kernel etc) farming last year, no news on the project so far

I hope Nigeria will bounce back as soon as possible. at least we can export to other African countries
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Ambode for president!
The dumb & d.aft nomad @ aso needs to learn some management skills from ambo!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by willibounce1(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
Bolustic:
This is logical

1. We saturate our local markets for our residents

2. They get it at affordable price

3. They experience a nice Xmas

4. Then we fill our silos and storage facilities for next three years

5. THEN WE THINK OF EXPORT

Unlike some people who would start with number 5 and declare fake billions.

And beat empty chest claiming nobody can survive without them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by eleshin(m): 4:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
fxskye:
Lake Rice for N15k is on a high side.

What will be the final price to consumers?
They are selling directly to the consumers, Lagos has 57 LG / LCDA, go to the nearest one to you and buy your rice.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by ttime(m): 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2016
Horlufemi:
Rice Rice Rice everywhere

What of Palm Oil, Beans and the rest.

One step at a time.

Its a pace setting effort.
Let others join

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by willibounce1(m): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Jollof go set well well for Christmas. Meanwhile no be only rice be food oo.. make we self dey try chop other better foods like amala, akpu, semo, etc.

Singing.....
"If you marry igbo lady, make you give am akpu o...if you no give am akpu o, she go run away "
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by ttime(m): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2016
Where are those pimps and robbers that keep saying bihari needs more time....
In your face!!

grin grin shocked
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Rockyrascal(m): 5:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
Austin4lif:
Nigerians too like rice, does it mean that there is no varieties of food in nigeria and Africa
na ekiti people like am pass
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by RichardKajola(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
nice one Ambode
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Neddstark: 5:07pm On Dec 09, 2016
greenpasture:

Let's break the cycle of ethnic chauvinism. Don't descend into that Valley. God bless.

Nigga, mind your business. I'm having fun and likes here
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Sibrah: 5:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
SnowJay92:

Do you know how much one tonne is?
I can't tell for now, but going by report published some months back those figure were used.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Myself2(m): 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
Too expensive.Abakiliki rice is 8k per bag
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by ephi123(f): 5:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
JoshMedia:
The one wey me buy I don abadon am whem my teeth won remove

Rotfl! cheesy It's step by step, it's a process. Gradually the rice quality will improve.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Seun360(m): 5:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The local rice I bought had stones in it, thank God I only bought one modu. angry

Try the Ebonyi Rice.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2016
Neddstark:

Nigga, mind your business. I'm having fun and likes here

OK.

I hope you are not Yoruba sha. If you are oro pa esi je.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by spartacus11(m): 5:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
Mayflowa:

You are not serious. We are yet to finished one half of Buhari administration,. Remember he just recently selected his minister. So why are you talking about another President-to-be. Do you know how many people would die till that time? Why are Nigerians like this?
always changing goal post flat head republic
your people said why did PMB launch school feeding program in Anambra state that their children are not hungry and that they can all feed their children so well
and you are here saying do you know how many people will die from hungry-kai why are you people so confuse u hate buhari dose not mean u should hate is good works for making nigeria grown rice available

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by chibuzorAbia: 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
OYA!!! Igbos come and eat rice o! Shey you know say rice is scarce for Yeast.
Re: Lagos To Sell Lake (Lagos-Kebbi) Rice N13k From December 15, 2016 (Pics) by caracas: 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2016
sarrki:
Eko onibaje

We the omoluabi set pace for others to follow
Pls Lagos is a no man's land stop claiming it.
But i dont blame u sha ,its because nothing good comes out from ur Western Zone hence the craze for anything Lagos .
I dont blame u my bro. cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

GMO Foods: Shoprite, Next Superstores May Be Shut Down By The Federal Government / Shoprite On Shutdown, As Workers Go On Strike Over "Sale To Palms Mall Owners" / Obituary: Chief Udala Philip Ekwosi Burial Poster (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.