Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,652 members, 7,878,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 09:24 AM

Should There Be A Qur'an? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Should There Be A Qur'an? (408 Views)

Who Is Your Favourite Qur'an Reciter? / Can I read 3 “ ‘Qul Huwa Allaahu Ahad” & claim completion of the Holy Qur'an? / Dominance Of The Qur'an Over Previous Scriptures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should There Be A Qur'an? by PDBonline: 12:47pm On Dec 09, 2016
Al-Qur'an (The Koran) as we have it today was never so all through the lifetime of the Prophet of Islam.
Some of the debates in the Islamic world on issues of Alcohol, Punishment for Adultery, succession of the prophet of Islam and other issues including violent Jihad can be traced to

1. The existence of verses not present in the current Qur'an which some Islamic scholars claimed were omitted.

2. The Qur'an itself stated that there are verses that have been abrogated or substituted but we still have them now.

Giving the fact that all through the lifetime of the prophet of Islam the Qur'an was not compiled into a book and he neither claimed to have received a revelation as touching that nor did he suggest it, is the Qur'an as we have today not an error or innovation of overzealous religious enthusiasts?

Addition
Na wa o. Seun I can't even reply to my post again. And this is not muslim chat box o.

Anyways, Friendchoice and ohiMuk, do you know the history of the Qur'an as you have it today? Just google it lest you say a non muslim is trying to attack Islam.
But I will say the Qur'an was recited by Mohammed and written down by many on leaves, stones, tree bark etc and memorized.
What you have as the Qur'an today was compiled after the death of Mohammed. My question is should this have happened. Should people not just be reciting it? Should there be physical book called Qur'an

2. Are Shiites and Sufis Muslims or not by the standard of the Qur'an?
Re: Should There Be A Qur'an? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2016
Its easy to detect when a Christian, Shi'a or Half Shia - Half Sufi speaks.

Indeed, it is We who sent down the Qur'an and indeed, We will be its guardian. [Qur'an 15:9].

This day those who disbelieve have despaired of [defeating] your religion; so fear them not, but fear Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion. But whoever is forced by severe hunger with no inclination to sin - then indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful. [Qur'an 5:3]

2 Likes

Re: Should There Be A Qur'an? by ohiMuk: 6:32am On Dec 10, 2016
THE ONLY PERFECT BOOK IS THE QUR'AN. IT HASNOT BEEN CHANGE OR MANIPULATED SINCE TIME OF ITS REVEAL

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Rivers To Establish Trust Fund To Cater For Pastors, Others – Wike / Friday Is The Best Day Of The Week To Every Muslim / 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.