Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,123 members, 7,977,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 16 October 2024 at 11:10 PM

Rivers Re-run: ''an Eye For An Eye, A Tooth For A Tooth'' - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rivers Re-run: ''an Eye For An Eye, A Tooth For A Tooth'' (339 Views)

15 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Mouth Odor After A Tooth Extraction With No Pain. / Secondary School Student Stabs Classmate In The Eye For Refusing To Join Cult. / How Long Have You Been Using Your Tooth Brush? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Re-run: ''an Eye For An Eye, A Tooth For A Tooth'' by anthonyojiako10: 1:56pm On Dec 09, 2016
http://www.whistleblowers.org.ng/blog/view/56/2016-December

The election on Saturday seems like it would be very brutal and bloody for both APC and PDP. There have been several arguments and controversies going on even before the election. The parties happen to be at each other's throats, which means if anyone should win the other will definitely disagree with the results.

A campaign rally was organized by the APC on Wednesday at the Yakubu Gowon stadium, Port Harcourt. In attendance were the National Chairman of the party, Chief John Odigie Oyegun, former governor of Rivers state Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, including 10 APC state governors.

“As you can see, we came in full force; the whole federal might is here. We have the governors here today. Our senators and other members of the National Assembly are here today. Our women leaders are here today to pass one message.

“That is because we respect you, our members in Rivers State. We respect the courage of our members in Rivers State; we are behind you. We want to let you know that we have heard your cries; we have seen your anguish.

“The message is simple: enough is enough, enough is enough. This is the beginning of the rescue mission in Rivers State.”

We now have a blood-thirsty regime in Rivers State. I am glad with what I am hearing: if they push you, push them. If they snatch a result sheet, snatch it back,” Odigie Oyegun said.

Amaechi urged the members of the APC not to be scared or frightened by the opposition party during the re-run on Saturday. He said “This is the election of our lives. Before, I used to tell you, please, don’t fight. What I will tell you today is do not kill anybody but do not get killed. My friend in the army says if you hear the sound of a gun, it is not meant for you. The implication therefore is that if you allow them to shoot, you will die.

“It is not only them that have the right to life, you also have a right to life. I don’t want to hear that they shot me and took away result sheets. If they take result sheets from you, collect it back from them. You know I have never said anything like this before.”

Kano state governor described the rivers crisis situation as the most corrupt in the nation, assuring the people that APC will reform the status.

“There is no peace in Rivers State. Peace is lacking, peace is dead. Rivers State is the centre, nucleus of corruption in Nigeria. That is why you have to vote APC candidates to apply the brakes to the drama that is taking place in the Rivers State Government House,” he said.

He further added that “If they shoot you, take cover and shoot them.”

APC leaders were against his statement saying that he was encouraging the members to be violent during the election and urged the Inspector General of police to dismiss him from Rivers state immediately.

Mr. Ibrahim Idris, gave his word that security in the state was going to be effective and efficient come Saturday. He added that the number of security personnel have been inclined to over 28,000.

Also, he stated that 28 gunboats had been deployed to secure the water ways, including 20 police dogs and 26 units of riot police. He concluded assuring everyone that the police is ready and are doing everything possible within their capacity to ensure a peaceful and credible election tomorrow.

(1) (Reply)

Discover How To Grow Your Business And Increase Sales Revenue / 11-year-old Pakistani Sues Presidency For “stealing” His Speech / Happy 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.