Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,323 members, 7,888,020 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:41 PM

Interview: “At A Point In Camp, I Wanted Quitting”- New Miss Kogi Precious Aliyu - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Interview: “At A Point In Camp, I Wanted Quitting”- New Miss Kogi Precious Aliyu (888 Views)

New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video) / Abdulateef Titilope Kawiyat, Miss Kogi Gets 1997 Model Volks Wagen Star Prize / Aliyu Habibat Wins Miss Comely Nigeria 2017‎ (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Interview: “At A Point In Camp, I Wanted Quitting”- New Miss Kogi Precious Aliyu by jseak(m): 4:33pm On Dec 10, 2016

Precious Aliyu is the newly crowned Miss Kogi. In this interview with [url]9jaOlodo.Com[/url], she lets us into her private world: what makes her tick, her winning strategies, and some other things.

9jaOlodo: Tell us a little bit about yourself – Educational and personal background

Miss Kogi: My names are Aliyu Oyiza Precious, am from Okene local government in Kogi state, i am a final year student of Kogi State University Ayingba, studying Philosophy. About my background, i am from a polygamous home, the second to the last born of the family but from my mom, we are just two girls and i am the last born. I hope you understand that (laughs)

9jaOlodo: What influenced the decision to contest in the pageantry?

Miss Kogi: It is something I’ve always had passion for, apart from the passion aspect of it, I want to stretch my hands out to those who needs a hand to hold.

9jaOlodo: Was it your first experience of participating in a beauty contest, and if it was, what are the qualities that helped you to win?

Miss Kogi: No, it’s not. I’ve had experiences.

9jaOlodo: Please share with us some of the obstacles you had to face on your journey to glory?

Miss Kogi: You know the road to success isn’t an easy one. I encountered so many obstacles, you get to hear there’s a winner already so you are just wasting ur time, my friends were calling me to come home that they heard there’s a winner already. At some point in camp i wanted quitting but when i remember why am there, i smile and go down on my kneels and tell God to do his will.

9jaOlodo: Do you share the minority perception that a pageant beauty must sleep her way to take the crown?

Miss Kogi: No! No!! No!!! I don’t. It might be happening else where but definitely not when it comes to Miss Kogi beauty pageant.

9jaOlodo: Were you confident that you would win?

Miss Kogi: I always believe in myself and if there’s a word u will never hear me say, it’s d word “Impossible”

9jaOlodo: Tell us how you felt when you were announced as the winner

Miss Kogi: Lol, no words can actually describe the feeling. But i felt fulfilled..

9jaOlodo: Is there anyone in particular who encouraged you to join the Miss Kogi pageant and who you would say is behind your success thus far?

Miss Kogi: No one really did but when it comes to d person behind my success, My Godmother. She supported me, prayed for me, encouraged me to have confidence in myself and to be a woman of substance.. Her advices alone are part of why i am where i am today.

9jaOlodo: Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?

Miss Kogi: Hmmm, that’s a huge one lol. At the top that’s where i see myself in 5 years.

9jaOlodo: Who’s your role model and why?

Miss Kogi: My mom and my Godmother! They are extraordinary women, strong with hearts of Gold. Am trailing in their parts and I pray to God each day to give me the strength he gave them to overcome so many things and still standing tall.

9jaOlodo: What are your statistics?

Miss Kogi: 41, 28, 38.

9jaOlodo: Can you model half naked or completely naked?

Miss Kogi: No, i can’t.

9jaOlodo: Who do you look up to in the modeling world?

Miss Kogi: Kendall Jenner not Kylie, she’s young and making it and that’s the dream.

9jaOlodo: Let’s talk about your love life; are you in a relationship right now?

Miss Kogi: Yeah i am.

9jaOlodo: Hmm, How do you relax?

Miss Kogi: When i turn off my phones.. (Laughs)

9jaOlodo: Describe yourself in 5 words

Miss Kogi: Unique, Strong, Outstanding, amazing and understanding.

9jaOlodo: What beauty object would you not leave home without?

Miss Kogi: Am actually not a makeup person so let’s not talk about it.. But I can’t go out without my wristwatch.

9jaOlodo: Any last words to the Kogi public?

Miss Kogi: Let’s join hands and make Kogi a better state. And to the youths of Kogi state, don’t let anyone tell you that you can’t do it. There’s nothing like impossible, believe in yourself and have confidence in yourself, the top is where you belong and where you will be. And please always remember me in your prayers. Thank you! God bless Kogi state! God bless Nigeria!!

Follow Miss Kogi 2016

On Instagram: @auunty_precious

Snapchat: @iamkokolet

(1) (Reply)

Please rate my modeling pics / Help My Long Hair Is Getting Short / Ankara Styles: Lovely Ankara Inspiration From Instagram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.