Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,744 members, 7,889,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 11:05 AM

A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer (1511 Views)

MH17 Brought Down By BUK Missile, Report Confirms / Army Doctor Murders 11 Soldiers, Wounding 31 Others In Fort Hood Texas / South African White Couple Produced A Black Looking Baby Girl - Sandra Laing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by naliakar: 7:52am On Nov 13, 2009
So it was a black man, not a white woman who brought down Fort Hood shooter. Is the subtext of this discourse familiar? Recall the narrative Jessica Lynch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13hood.html?_r=1
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by Horus(m): 10:52am On Nov 13, 2009

Senior Sgt. Mark Todd
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by JeSoul(f): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2009
naliakar:

So it was a black man, not a white woman who brought down Fort Hood shooter. Is the subtext of this discourse familiar? Recall the narrative Jessica Lynch.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13hood.html?_r=1
   This is a very intriguing development. I don't blame Munley, I blame the media and the rest of us drooling at the prospects of a woman taking down the shooter - an embarrasment for a muslim terrorist. It made it a much more sexier story. But now that it turns out to be a black man, race has been unfortunately injected into the story.

but anyways Sgt Todd must now be given what belongs to him. They are all heroes for responding to the attack but Todd is the ultimate for delivering the shots that ended the rampage.
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by Beaf: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
This is difficult to swallow. What was the armies motive in putting out a resoundly false story? I mean, this absolutely takes the mickey:

On Friday, the day after the Fort Hood shooting, Mr. Medley said Sergeant Munley had encountered Major Hasan, pistol in hand, chasing down a bleeding soldier. She fired at him, he turned, they rushed at each other firing and both fell, Mr. Medley said.

“He turned and charged her rapidly firing, and she did what she was trained to do,” Mr. Medley said that day. He added, “She is absolutely a hero.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13hood.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1

Damn!
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by No2Atheism(m): 7:01pm On Nov 13, 2009
Let's hope the atheist and the brainwashed africans would realise that Racism is alive and kicking and actively pursued to make the White man look superior even though genetics and history shows that he is not and that he is just a very good liar.

I take nothing away from the White woman nevertheless it just goes to show why i am pissed with Africans that are naive enough to think that whites have stopped being racist . . . and discriminatory against black people
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by posakosa(m): 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2009
THEY wished it was the WHITE WOMAN---   But in all reality--- it doesn't matter as long as the gun man was finally taken down. <Allahu akbar> grin grin
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Nov 13, 2009
Another officer, Senior Sgt. Mark Todd, 42, said in an interview Thursday that he fired the shots that brought down the gunman after Sergeant Munley was seriously wounded. A witness confirmed Sergeant Todd’s account.

In the interview, Sergeant Todd said he and Sergeant Munley had pulled up to the scene in separate cars at the same time. He said they began running up a small hill toward the building that held the processing center where unarmed soldiers reported for check-ups and vaccinations before deployment. The gunman was already outside, Sergeant Todd recalled.

“That’s when the bystanders were pointing in his direction,” he said. “And when we popped up, he was standing there, and we shouted our commands — ‘Police, drop your weapons!’ — and he just opened fire on us.”

Sergeant Todd said he was slightly in front of Sergeant Munley on the hill. “Once we took fire, she broke right and I broke left,” he said.

Sergeant Todd said he did not see Sergeant Munley get shot. He said he started to circle around the building, but then backtracked as panicked bystanders told him of the gunman’s movements.

“As it unfolded, I went a different direction and he went a different direction, and we met up in the front of the building,” he said.

Sergeant Todd said he then saw Sergeant Munley on the ground, wounded. He shouted again at the gunman to drop his weapon.

“Once I came around the front of the building, I caught his attention again, started shouting commands, and then he opened up a second time,” Sergeant Todd said. “And that’s when I returned fire, neutralized him and secured him.”

Citing the ongoing investigation, Sergeant Todd declined to give more details about the precise positions of Major Hasan, Sergeant Munley and himself during the gunfight. He also would not say how many times he shot Major Hasan with his 9 mm pistol, or what Major Hasan was doing. The whole encounter lasted only 45 seconds, he said.

Sergeant Todd’s account agrees with that of a witness who was at the processing center when the shooting occurred.

The witness, who asked not to be identified, said Major Hasan wheeled on Sergeant Munley as she rounded the corner of a building and shot her. Then Major Hasan turned his back and started putting another magazine into his semiautomatic pistol.

Why do we need to TWIST THis into what it is NOT. So the media reported that the woman took the man down but come on, does this have to be reduced into yet another silly RACE case? No matter what, I will hail a 5ft 2 Woman for getting shot as the woman did. Now, I am glad the dude was there or else she would have been dead.
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by RichyBlacK(m): 8:37pm On Nov 13, 2009
Most Whites, when they ponder the phrase "American hero", no matter how hard they try, only see the image of a White blue-eyed person.
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by Horus(m): 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by ayinba1(f): 1:12am On Nov 14, 2009
There is absolutely nothing wrong ingetting the facts straight.

If the female cop did not actually bring down the shooter and the male cop actually did, it is very wrong to present it a different way. I am a woman and if the story was reversed, I would feel a discrimination occured because a female cop got the job done and it's a man's world.

Racism or not, why not get the facts straight before you declare the wrong cop a hero

Thank you for correcting the story.
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by FBS: 9:00am On Nov 17, 2009
BRAVO Sgt Todd.

You are a true American Hero.

But why falsify the facts in the first place?  undecided Why did the woman keep quiet? She could have corrected the story immediately. Sshh. . .

How the authorities came to issue the original version of the story, which made Sergeant Munley a national hero for several days and obscured Sergeant Todd’s role, remains unclear. (Military officials also said for several hours after the shooting that Major Hasan had been killed; he survived.)
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/13/us/13hood.html?_r=2

I also want to know. Shameful!
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by bawomolo(m): 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2009
No2Atheism:

Let's hope the atheist and the brainwashed africans would realise that Racism is alive and kicking and actively pursued to make the White man look superior even though genetics and history shows that he is not and that he is just a very good liar.

I take nothing away from the White woman nevertheless it just goes to show why i am pissed with Africans that are naive enough to think that whites have stopped being racist . . . and discriminatory against black people

which atheist told you racism is over? You are just going on an unnecessary tangent.
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by No2Atheism(m): 4:49am On Dec 15, 2009
bawomolo:

which atheist told you racism is over?  You are just going on an unnecessary tangent.

Actually I am going on an escape velocity path . . . . . .  grin grin grin

As far as I am concerned:

- Atheism is just a consequence of western brainwashing . . . cus observable and repeatable science shows that evolution is not scientific and is not true.

- Logic and common sense gives that its very illogical for someone to claim to not believe in a Creator and yet claim not to believe in evolution  shocked shocked shocked . . . then what the heck is that person's frame of reference  .
Re: A Black Cop Not A White Woman Brought Down Fort Hood Killer by edoyad(m): 12:49pm On Dec 15, 2009
It simply means the present theory of evolution as it is today just doesn't satisfy logical reasoning enough. But it certainly doesn't translate to the creation story sounding more rational either.

(1) (Reply)

Obama's Hypocrisy And Hatred Of Christianity / WW2 Thread / Did You Know BLM Supports Abortion, Homosexuality, Anti-Family Agenda?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.