Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,619 members, 7,941,381 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 04:59 AM

Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. (24487 Views)

Why Do We Christians Utter The Name Jesus? / Did The Bible Encourage We Christians To Use Stickers With Our Pastor's Face. / I Don't Think We Christians Really Study Our Bibles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by dabrightt: 2:23pm On Dec 11, 2016
You are trying to misquote the scripture and mislead people maybe you don't know the gravity of what you have done let me open your eye a little bit......

Matthew 18 vs 6-7
“If anyone causes one of these
little ones—those who believe in
me—to stumble, it would be
better for them to have a large
millstone hung around their neck
and to be drowned in the depths
of the sea. Woe to the world
because of the things that cause
people to stumble! Such things
must come, but woe to the
person through whom they come!

I don't know the type of christian you are that you don't really know the meaning of the name of jesus blood of jesus and tithing ...

Well I am not suprise people in the church of luminant also claim themself to be christian and mislead people...I guess you are one of them ....Go back and read your bible bro...
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by walcolm(m): 2:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:
As rightly called, Christians are not the only worshipper of God; the Jews are as well. And going by the channel of the revelation of God to humanity there are many things, sacred things Christians abuse in the name of faith. And though these things are not repercussive, yet, they spell our ignorance about the element of our religion, if one would be hypocritic about it, faith.

THE NAME OF JESUS: I was invited to a night vigil sometimes two years ago. Vividly I can remember the pastor honourably prophet asking us to shout the name of Jesus six hundred times. Well people shouted, I shouted then.

While this may not be the same for all churches, but I have come to notice something close in every churches: the repetition of Christ names before, during, and after prayer. This is not supposed to be so. The name Christ is meant to be reverenced. Ask in my name doesn't mean abuse my name. So far so good, miracles done in the name of Christ in the Apostles were done not shouting in Jesus name. In and fact, the first act of prayer done by the Apostle had no "in Jesus name' in it. They simply prayed, and the Spirit tendered the prayer in the name of Christ.

Every believer has what God called a seal on him, in that, when you communicate with God the seal do so in the reverenced name of Christ. Joining people to shout in Jesus name therefore may be extraneous or quite unnecessary.

CC: OAM4J

it is really disheartening to see unintelligent posts like this attempting to twist the bible by someone who doesn't even have an elementary understanding of the bible...and 25 idiots liking such a post

Anyone interested in the truth should read the bible for themselves...the bible verses below will help you make your own judgement

Mark 9:39, John 20:31, Act 2:38, Acts 3:6, Acts 4:10-18, Acts 16:18, 1 Corithians 1:10, 5:4, Ephesians 5:20, Philippians 2:10, Colossians 3:17
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by RoyalGoat: 2:51pm On Dec 11, 2016
creamylicious:
it won't be easy referring people ooooo
lol.....it will. Contact me on WhatsApp let's talk.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Blessograo(f): 2:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
Was expecting to see holy communion, baptism and offering help to the widows.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 11, 2016
RoyalGoat:
As rightly called, Christians are not the only worshipper of God; the Jews are as well. And going by the channel of the revelation of God to humanity there are many things, sacred things Christians abuse in the name of faith. And though these things are not repercussive, yet, they spell our ignorance about the element of our religion, if one would be hypocritic about it, faith.

THE NAME OF JESUS: I was invited to a night vigil sometimes two years ago. Vividly I can remember the pastor honourably prophet asking us to shout the name of Jesus six hundred times. Well people shouted, I shouted then.

While this may not be the same for all churches, but I have come to notice something close in every churches: the repetition of Christ names before, during, and after prayer. This is not supposed to be so. The name Christ is meant to be reverenced. Ask in my name doesn't mean abuse my name. So far so good, miracles done in the name of Christ in the Apostles were done not shouting in Jesus name. In and fact, the first act of prayer done by the Apostle had no "in Jesus name' in it. They simply prayed, and the Spirit tendered the prayer in the name of Christ.

Every believer has what God called a seal on him, in that, when you communicate with God the seal do so in the reverenced name of Christ. Joining people to shout in Jesus name therefore may be extraneous or quite unnecessary.

THE BLOOD OF JESUS: Maybe it's ignorance I can't say or lack of foundational knowledge about what the great sacrifice is all about. The blood of Christ sanctifies. And if we are willing to go deep into deep things, it protects but not the protection we Christians assumed for it.

The blood as a means of protection, is a shield not only for humans but as well for angels to prevent them and us falling into apostasy now, and in the world to come. It is by credibility of the blood Michael will be able to defeat Lucifer in the second heavens, because by virtue of the blood, all God angels including Michael are immune to Lucifer seduction. Defeating them by the blood doesn't mean they will be shouting "I cover you in the blood of Jesus."

TITHING: It may not be that obvious, but tithing is sure a sacred thing as far as God is concerned. But well so well not what Christians understand it to be.

Tithes are meant to be paid by farmers and farmers alone in the then land of Israel. This is because the Levite had no land to cultivate, no portion was giving to them. So speaking, to do what God as always wanted for humanity, he commanded a tenth of 'farmers' produce to be given to the Levite so as to prevent lack in the land. The Levite had no land to cultivate, but our pastors to be do. They have places to work.

Payment of tithes in churches should serve a means of providing for everyone's need in the church. This, the apostles understood by distributing every thing the church had to every members. To live and survived, the apostles like every one else, worked with their very hands.

Of course there are more, but these ones concern us the most. We have the prophets, Psalms and the law, let's read them and learn the truth for ourselves instead of disgracing ourselves and God. And if we fall into the 'grace only' category, then let us study the acts of the early church and save ourselves from this modern hypocrisy.

CC: OAM4J

Abuse is not a product of repetitive use but of use outside intended purpose.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Mpanyi: 4:10pm On Dec 11, 2016
Nice post, with poorly communicated message
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by chiraqDemon(m): 4:45pm On Dec 11, 2016
koxi:
The blood of Jesus particularly has been abised and many are simolyeven as tithing is no longer acceptable today by God. It was an old law for the children of Israel. Shall I continue?
Seriously naija ppl nor pity jesus......una de call d bros j name anyhow . They nor gree am catch small sleep
Evwn d guy blood dem wan drain am......small time e go soom announce say blood don finish grin grin
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by CXLVII: 5:09pm On Dec 11, 2016

THE BLOOD OF Jesus: Maybe it's ignorance I can't say or lack of foundational knowledge about what the great sacrifice is all about. The blood of Christ sanctifies. And if we are willing to go deep into deep things, it protects but not the protection we Christians assumed for it.

The blood as a means of protection, is a shield not only for humans but as well for angels to prevent them and us falling into apostasy now, and in the world to come. It is by credibility of the blood Michael will be able to defeat Lucifer in the second heavens, because by virtue of the blood, all God angels including Michael are immune to Lucifer seduction. Defeating them by the blood doesn't mean they will be shouting "I cover you in the blood of Jesus."

Are you referring to that same blood that could not protect over 50 souls right inside the house of God in Uyo?
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Epsilon92: 5:57pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mr preacher has God complaind to you? Has what you said added any soul to the kingdom of God? Enemy of christianity, better find better to write than writing rubbish
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Epsilon92: 5:59pm On Dec 11, 2016
Mr preacher has God complaind to you? Has what you said added any soul to the kingdom of God? Enemy of christianity, better find something better to write than writing rubbish
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Great6Pack(m): 7:47pm On Dec 11, 2016
xolomonstrides:

Well you are right about the fact that tithe was produce and not money that is why they were asked to exchange it back to produce when they get to Jerusalem.
Now the question is.
Did the apostles ever practise tithing?
Were Christians ever commanded to tithe?

Please no qoute except you speak from the scripture. Please I beg in the name of God.

Pls read Hebrews 7:1-18 may be u will learn something about tithe belonging to the past

1 Like

Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by zionmade(m): 8:31pm On Dec 11, 2016
This is my take on tithing. I give 10 percent of my earnings to God because I want to make him my partner in the source of my earnings so whether its in the old or new testament that's my decision. I repeat again never say u gave a pastor your tithe or offering when you drop it on the altar or offering box.u gave it to God and not a man. Whatever the church does with it shouldn't be your business. In the old testament animals are sacrificed to God but the priests eat the meat. before u quote me ensure DAT
1 u re a christian
2 u go to church
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by gemale(m): 12:32am On Dec 12, 2016
Jidibia:

Go siddon for gutter jur. U can't even back up ur empty write ups with bible quotations.
If u read d bible, u wld hv no need 4 dt. All u wld need is rmbr d verse dt tnks abt dt topic.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by gemale(m): 12:34am On Dec 12, 2016
realmindz:
Tithe the biggest scam ever.

Read Deuteronomy chapter 14 and thank me later.

The book of Malachi your pastors use to bully and threaten you has been misunderstood and deliberately mis-used.

Blacks dont read, even if they do, they cant comprehend. It is easier believing than seeking knowledge. people love a bandwagon effect and will rather stick to public opinions.

And here in Nigeria, miles away from Israel are a group of people still practicing ancient Jewish culture.

Talk of mental slavery and delusions
Even d Jews unto whom tithing was instructed of dem dnt tithe again.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by gemale(m): 12:42am On Dec 12, 2016
Okies27:
. You don't read, if not you will know of white folks who gives millions of dollars as tithe. Go to America and see great ministries with crazy tithers. You sit here and blab instead of seeking true knowledge to clear you confusion. Go to church n be enlightened cos God said he will give us pastors after our heart to teach us. You fit spend thousands on a night out on beer with friends but to pay 1k out of 10k for tithe. Tithing is a kingdom principle requiring total obedience. But I doubt if you know that. Seek understanding of God's word to be enlightened of Kingdom mysteries.
Come on, people wey dey pay tithe no dey complain, so in a dey carry am 4 head?
I hv no problem wt tithing if & only if d pple demanding dt I pay tithe show me their authentic genealogical link 2 D tribe of Levi in Israel because only a levite cld collect tithe in d bible. Our Lord and saviour, the author and finisher of our faith didn't collect tithe because he descended 4rm Judah neither did he gv his disciples d go ahead 2 do such. So let any MOG who tells me 2 pay tithe provide d aforementioned evidence & I wld pay wt out complaints. I wld rather carry my money & gv idps in their camp.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by xilixr: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2016
eph12:
Name of Jesus? I like to believe there's a difference between unnecessary and abuse. Abuse is a very strong word o. Don't you think so royalgoat?
shut up and understand the man
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by jnrbayano(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2016
Thread of the year for the religious section.

Here, you find truth, the very truth.

There, you find brawling, puffing up and religious arrogance.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by ekmike(m): 8:14am On Dec 12, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397713_image3_png5fb6b9fb09f1795dc718ea6dcb234c98

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4397714_image1_png8d1e713769d527db2e65870145893168
When you study the word of God (if you are a believer) you should ask the spirit of God for understanding and interpretation. 2 cor 9:6 says "Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully"this verse explains what the man of God was saying but your canal mind was interpreting it literally.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Okies27(m): 9:29am On Dec 12, 2016
gemale:

I hv no problem wt tithing if & only if d pple demanding dt I pay tithe show me their authentic genealogical link 2 D tribe of Levi in Israel because only a levite cld collect tithe in d bible. Our Lord and saviour, the author and finisher of our faith didn't collect tithe because he descended 4rm Judah neither did he gv his disciples d go ahead 2 do such. So let any MOG who tells me 2 pay tithe provide d aforementioned evidence & I wld pay wt out complaints. I wld rather carry my money & gv idps in their camp.
. Giving to idps is good. Bible talks about giving to the poor n he that does it is lending to God with immense blessings. Tithing is a command. Jesus didn't abolish it but rather, he came to fulfill the law that was why he said we must not also neglect other matters of the kingdom while addressing the pharisees. The argument pple come with is were are the Levites to pay to. We want to enjoy Abraham blessings but don't want to do what he did. He paid his tithe. God said thru his seed the earth shall be blessed. In Malachi, God commanded us to bring our tithes to his house n those who don't shall be cursed. It's foolhardy to be ignorant of proofs of paying tithes. We question what churches use tithe for instead of being obedient. Read Malachi n see benefits of Tithing. You obey commands. Do other good like giving to the orphanage, idps bt also know there are people who enrich themselves thru them. That shdnt stop u from giving so is tithe. Every genuine giving is a spiritual seed. Obedience to to God is the key. Leave it to God to judge
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by rev2214(m): 3:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
True worshipper

Acts 2:44 And all that believed were together, and had all things common; 2:45 And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need. 2:46 And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, 2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by gemale(m): 4:27pm On Dec 12, 2016
Okies27:
. Giving to idps is good. Bible talks about giving to the poor n he that does it is lending to God with immense blessings. Tithing is a command. Jesus didn't abolish it but rather, he came to fulfill the law that was why he said we must not also neglect other matters of the kingdom while addressing the pharisees. The argument pple come with is were are the Levites to pay to. We want to enjoy Abraham blessings but don't want to do what he did. He paid his tithe. God said thru his seed the earth shall be blessed. In Malachi, God commanded us to bring our tithes to his house n those who don't shall be cursed. It's foolhardy to be ignorant of proofs of paying tithes. We question what churches use tithe for instead of being obedient. Read Malachi n see benefits of Tithing. You obey commands. Do other good like giving to the orphanage, idps bt also know there are people who enrich themselves thru them. That shdnt stop u from giving so is tithe. Every genuine giving is a spiritual seed. Obedience to to God is the key. Leave it to God to judge
Isn't it d same bible dt told us 2 b wise as serpents & 2 learn hw 2 discern by questioning? Y is 1 man or a few men telling multitudes 2 bring a tenth of wt dey earn meanwhile he doesn't pay tax (didn't Jesus tell us 2 render unto Caesar wt is caesar's?). Do u know dt d Jews unto who tithing was decreed 4 dnt pay tithes again due 2 D loss of genealogical records? Wt Abraham gave 2 Melchizedek was a portion of D spoils of war & plunder nt a portion of his earnings. Any man 2day who tries 2 enforce, cajole or threaten pple 2 pay tithe 2 his ministry is nothing bt a reformed gangster using d bible 2 extort IMO. By claiming dt dey do it in d name of God, dey r belittling d almighty God 2 d status of a mafia don who demands money 4rm his followers 4 protection (against d devourer, dey say) & prosperity, when d bible tells us dt God sends rain on both d just & d unjust.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Amujale(m): 11:16pm On Apr 06, 2020
Christianity is a Roman mockery of the Hellenist religion.
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Amujale(m): 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2020
Christianity abuses common sense, logic, trust, honesty, sacred text, sacred sites, history, herstory, intelligence, literacy, numeracy e.t c
Re: Three Sacred Things We Christians Abuse. by Amujale(m): 11:21pm On Apr 06, 2020
Everything about Christianity is fake and malicious.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Normal To Pray Before Sex? / "All I Want For Xmas Is You" - Sharon Oyakilome Gushes About Her Husband / Apostle Suleman Celebrates 14th Anniversary Of Omega Fire Ministries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.