Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,675 members, 7,902,123 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (782744 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2014
worry 359:
You need to read back through the posts on this section.
Mr wip7 and others have answered your question hundreds of times

Please post d straight link to d answer... thanks
Re: North Cyprus by vicid: 8:28am On Jul 06, 2014
Please I need valid info, on hw 2 apply 2 a cheap sch in Cyprus for postgraduate studies, cos am to sponsor my studies tanx? ASAP, please all the possible step by step method of application.
Re: North Cyprus by sluvy4tune(m): 5:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
vicid: Please I need valid info, on hw 2 apply 2 a cheap sch in Cyprus for postgraduate studies, cos am to sponsor my studies tanx? ASAP, please all the possible step by step method of application.

For now Cyprus offers some sort of scholarship to prospective Intl students and their yearly tuition is between 550-700k depends on the program and university of your choice.

First you need make up your mind about a school, do your research properly even Google na ur padi for that one

Secondly you need to apply (Waec,Intl passport,medical cert,transcript,first degree cert) etc if you are offered an admission good for you, if you are decline that means you do not meet up the requirement.

Any other enquiry post am here we go sort u out.I hail all my Ogas, justwise and Mr.wip
Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
vicid: Please I need valid info, on hw 2 apply 2 a cheap sch in Cyprus for postgraduate studies, cos am to sponsor my studies tanx? ASAP, please all the possible step by step method of application.
I think you need to decide if you wanna study in North or South Cyprus first. Am sure my mentors can take you on a tour from there.
Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 2:52pm On Jul 09, 2014
Hello Wip

What is this "Illegal operation" issue with Some schools in Nothern Cyprus with EMU inclusive?

Are there negative effects on graduate students from the schools listed?

Source:
http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/mfa2006.nsf/0/632D3EF2D186156CC22571BC0033E0A0?OpenDocument

I also got an acceptance letter for a course I do not like. Here is the mail I got:

We are sorry to inform that your application to study ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONIC ENGINEERING is declined (due to the limitations in our quota). However, because you are meeting our admission standards, we are pleased to have you among our EMU International Family. Therefore, we are offering you a new admission to the COMPUTER&INSTRUCTIONAL TECH.TEAC.EDUC. (A6) program. Your acceptance letter will be sent to you through email. Kind(regards) Admissions team

I sent another request to be offered Computing and Info.Technology. I really do not know if I'll be lucky but I wish to ask the possibility of switching to Elect Elect department when I resume i.e during the February period.

Pls respond.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:36pm On Jul 09, 2014
imaxo: Hello Wip
What is this "Illegal operation" issue with Some schools in Nothern Cyprus with EMU inclusive?
Are there negative effects on graduate students from the schools listed?

Kindly read the article well to understand what it means, it will be advisable for you to visit the universities website in TRNC to check their status and recognition as well.

imaxo: I also got an acceptance letter for a course I do not like. Here is the mail I got:
I sent another request to be offered Computing and Info.Technology. I really do not know if I'll be lucky but I wish to ask the possibility of switching to Elect Elect department when I resume i.e during the February period.
Pls respond.

The reason for your rejection was stated and as far as am aware EMU does not offer bachelor program in computing and info tech....yeah is possible for you to transfer to department of your choice if you earn good grades after a semester. Goodluck!
Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 8:40pm On Jul 11, 2014
Plz am a bit confused right now. I just another acceptance letter; Frederick University just gave me same course University of Nicosia offered be after about six months of applying. Oga wipz7 & co. How do you rate Federick Uni & Uni of Nicosia?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2014
ukicom86: Plz am a bit confused right now. I just another acceptance letter; Frederick University just gave me same course University of Nicosia offered be after about six months of applying. Oga wipz7 & co. How do you rate Federick Uni & Uni of Nicosia?

Both universities are private, Uni of Nicosia is ranked higher than Fredrick even though Fredrick tends to offer more courses. Uni of Nicosia campus is far bigger than both campuses of Fredrick....you may ask both university more about what you want...they will be willing to tell you which is better.
Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 9:54pm On Jul 11, 2014
Thank you Sir. I prefer Uni of Nicosia but am looking at the tuition fees at same time. Though the difference is not much. Plz do you have Any idea if there are many people/students studying Oil and Gas Engineering in Nicosia?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:02pm On Jul 11, 2014
ukicom86: Thank you Sir. I prefer Uni of Nicosia but am looking at the tuition fees at same time. Though the difference is not much. Plz do you have Any idea if there are many people/students studying Oil and Gas Engineering in Nicosia?

No idea.............
Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2014
Ok, Thank you. You have been very helpful. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by magmat: 1:36pm On Jul 12, 2014
I got an appointment with the embassy last week 4th of July 2014. the consular told me to check back that emu have not send our list. now my question is I'm I going to do another bank statement which will include this month of July cus the one with me was from January to June. and mr whip please when should we expect our list. thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:27pm On Jul 12, 2014
magmat: I got an appointment with the embassy last week 4th of July 2014. the consular told me to check back that emu have not send our list. now my question is I'm I going to do another bank statement which will include this month of July cus the one with me was from January to June. and mr whip please when should we expect our list. thanks

All applicants applying to EMU for the first time should apply to embassy after August 15, 2014.
Re: North Cyprus by Lansdx: 1:40pm On Jul 15, 2014
Hello,

I've decided to post here because this seems like great place for information on studying in North Cyprus.

I am Sudanese national continuing my studies and applying for my Masters this fall (God willing). I've studied hard gaining a 3.5/4 GPA in Information Technology. One of the most things important to me is the accreditation of the universities because I plan on moving to the States after my studies. I'm primarily looking into two choices right now..

- Girne American University
- Eastern Mediterranean University

I see GAU is accrediated by the IACBE for its Master's program and EMU by ABET for it's bachelor degrees. From their website I couldn't tell if their Masters program are accredited by a US agency. Anyone have an idea?

If there is anyone out there with past experiences with these institutions? Are Turkish Cypriots receptive to Arab/Africans? I would very much appreciate hearing your input.

Much appreciated
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Lansdx: Hello,

I've decided to post here because this seems like great place for information on studying in North Cyprus.

I am Sudanese national continuing my studies and applying for my Masters this fall (God willing). I've studied hard gaining a 3.5/4 GPA in Information Technology. One of the most things important to me is the accreditation of the universities because I plan on moving to the States after my studies. I'm primarily looking into two choices right now..

- Girne American University
- Eastern Mediterranean University

I see GAU is accrediated by the IACBE for its Master's program and EMU by ABET for it's bachelor degrees. From their website I couldn't tell if their Masters program are accredited by a US agency. Anyone have an idea?

If there is anyone out there with past experiences with these institutions? Are Turkish Cypriots receptive to Arab/Africans? I would very much appreciate hearing your input.

Much appreciated

hey happy to learn u wish to continue your program here at EMU.

First the issue of TRNC recognition has not hinder or limited various graduates of EMU from prospering and advancing further in their studies in many advanced countries, USA inclusive. In fact we have about 28 collaborations and exchange agreements with reputable universities in North America (US and Canada) which, you can find under EMU exchange weblinks.

As you might have known or read that ABET accreditation is primarily done in USA to recognize universities that passed the infrastructural and program content-based criteria set by the body. Also ASIIN is accreditation for European technology and management universities based in Germany....you have to read about that also. EMU programs are fully accredited by these boards.

Finally, note that EMU was the first and highly government sponsored university established after the political embargo on TRNC and the university has received considerable and increasing support from Turkish Government, currently we have about 8 hostel complex worth millions of dollars under construction from Turkish governt.

About African arabs from Sudan, we do have sizeable number of them here and have an association formed to represent each country/region. Every country has their social and cultural norms, international students integration to a new socio-cultural settings must follow the hierarchy of adaptation theory. So most Intl student may/may not have shock depending on various integration competence level of the incoming students.

If you do have more questions kindly ask here and you may email me as well for any support. I work with EMU and have extensive experience with the students which have been culminated from my sojourn in other countries and TRNC.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by virgindesy(m): 8:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
good evening wip and fellow good people. I got my admission ( from Istanbul AYDIN uni) and I will be paying half of my tuition fee tomorrow . I just need your help how to go about other things...I mean the visa processing and other things..may God continue to bless u.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:58pm On Jul 15, 2014
virgindesy: good evening wip and fellow good people. I got my admission ( from Istanbul AYDIN uni) and I will be paying half of my tuition fee tomorrow . I just need your help how to go about other things...I mean the visa processing and other things..may God continue to bless u.

You can easily find the visa application procedure on the Turkish embassy website which is straight forward. The visa form is also written simply to be answered by any secondary school leaver. I dont think you will have issues with that. Also do not forget to email or call the university regularly for support. Wish you luck!
Re: North Cyprus by jaydave: 10:30am On Jul 16, 2014
wip7:

You can easily find the visa application procedure on the Turkish embassy website which is straight forward. The visa form is also written simply to be answered by any secondary school leaver. I dont think you will have issues with that. Also do not forget to email or call the university regularly for support. Wish you luck!
Please Mr wip how do u rate near East university before I apply for the uni next week... I want to apply for d uni cos EMU ain't offering accounting course.... Do u think it's advisable to study accounting at near East university because their program of study for accounting course isn't bachelor degree,, it's under 2yr vocational school.. What cert do they award for 2yr study in trnc?... And my last question is :is it possible to travel to turkey or south Cyprus during summer holidays to go hustle...
Pls kindly answer all my questions... Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 11:44pm On Jul 16, 2014
I am begging plz.
Re: North Cyprus by ukicom86(m): 11:49pm On Jul 16, 2014
wip7:

Oga wip7 plz I need you to go to www.nairaland.com/1800047/study-cyprus-near-east-university#24747793 and authenticate the info there. I am begging plz.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:10am On Jul 17, 2014
ukicom86: I am begging plz.

Nicosia is the capital of both South and North Cyprus. So each of them share it...the north may sometime refer to it as Lefkosia while the south still maintain Nicosia...dont forget is same country that were politically divided. Hope that helps!!!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by rildeal: 1:53pm On Jul 17, 2014
Mr Wip,
I have applied for. Msc at EMU with my univeristy transcripts as I am yet to collect my university certificate. And I have been granted an offer.
Will I still need my certificate for visa processing at the embassy or registration at EMU?
Pls kindly assist, thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2014
rildeal: Mr Wip,
I have applied for. Msc at EMU with my univeristy transcripts as I am yet to collect my university certificate. And I have been granted an offer.
Will I still need my certificate for visa processing at the embassy or registration at EMU?
Pls kindly assist, thanks

As i know almost all students are issued Statement of results pending when the certificates are issued...that would be required in lieu of the certificates at the embassy, ministry and during reg at EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by rildeal: 4:03pm On Jul 17, 2014
wip7:

As i know almost all students are issued Statement of results pending when the certificates are issued...that would be required in lieu of the certificates at the embassy, ministry and during reg at EMU.

@wip7, thanks for your response. Yes I do have my statement of results. Appreciate your advice
Re: North Cyprus by magni101(m): 10:17pm On Jul 19, 2014
Wip7 I'm glad that you have the time to respond to All of this questions asked and it's relieving to a lot of people like myself coz I intend to apply to EMU next week via the students international office but some questions were not clearly answered by the representative.
I'm an Aptech student here in Nigeria doing Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering and I'm rounding up this year and I intend to apply to further my studies at EMU.
I read the memorandum Aptech has with EMU regarding Aptech students and that we can continue to complete whatever we started at Aptech preferably join the final year.
My questions are:
1. what level will I join with my Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering Certificate.
2. I'm fully aware of the fees for dorms and tuition etc. but I want to know the cost of living per month and Probably for the time I will be there since I intend to come there this year.
3. Which airline would you consider as best for take off from Nigeria to there considering that I stay in Calabar.
4. How many semesters am I going to spend at EMU before I complete my program.
5. I'd like to know the general cost of everything I would need for a year including fees, bills and cost of living because the website didn't state that.
6. Can I pass through you to apply coz the other representative simply doesn't know how to outline it simply like you do or I should go ahead with that person.
7. Any additional advice concerning All of these coz I'm in between two decisions whether to choose Mauritius or TRNC considering that the above questions where properly answered as regards to the school over there but I seem to develop a soft spot for EMU.
Please the level I would start from and the duration matters a lot to me and will be glad If you can elaborate that to my understanding bearing in mind the memorandum Aptech has with EMU.
If you need to see it, I could direct you to a link I saw concerning the Agreement Aptech has with EMU.

Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:55pm On Jul 19, 2014
magni101: Wip7 I'm glad that you have the time to respond to All of this questions asked and it's relieving to a lot of people like myself coz I intend to apply to EMU next week via the students international office but some questions where not clearly answered by the representative.
I'm an Aptech student here in Nigeria doing Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering and I'm rounding up this year and I intend to apply to further my studies at EMU.
I read the memorandum Aptech has with EMU regarding Aptech students and that we can continue to complete whatever we started at Aptech preferably join the final year.
My questions are:
1. what level will I join with my Advanced Diploma in Software Engineering Certificate.

Thanks to hear your interest to join EMU. In 2010, i was the one that introduced APTECH to EMU and i facilitated the memorandum with the head office in India with the help of EMU vice rector, so am quite aware of APTECH and courses exempted very welllllllllllllllll. When the agreement was signed then, it was 4 semesters student must spend but due to some courses and after seeing that UK university in Dubai and UK accept the student to finish within a year, then 3 semesters were suggested.

Since you have ADSE cert and transcript about 21 courses will be exempted for you but you will only be admitted into INFO TECH of EMU not software ENG since APTECH students have less of Engineering courses. Meaning that you will spend just 3 semesters with EMU.

magni101: 2. I'm fully aware of the fees for dorms and tuition etc. but I want to know the cost of living per month and Probably for the time I will be there since I intend to come there this year.

A reasonable person and average student with moderate lifestyle will be fine with 200USD monthly excluding the mentioned fees above.

magni101: 3. Which airline would you consider as best for take off from Nigeria to there considering that I stay in Calabar.
4. How many semesters am I going to spend at EMU before I complete my program.
5. I'd like to know the general cost of everything I would need for a year including fees, bills and cost of living because the website didn't state that.

No direct flight from Calabar, you have to travel from Your zone to Lagos and you can fly Turkish, emirate and other similar airlines. Turkish is the direct flight although could be expensive while others will have stop-overs at their country for some hours. EMIRATE is a great one also. You will need approx 6000USD for the 3 semesters, kindly check our website for accommodation of your choice and calculate for 3 semesters. Also multiply the cost of living mentioned above to know the additional cost.

magni101: 6. Can I pass through you to apply coz the other representative simply doesn't know how to outline it simply like you do or I should go ahead with that person.

Send me your complete APTECH transcript, olevel result, international passport page, photograph passport. You must be less than 25yrs old to be admitted. Also you must have atleast 5 credits in related subjects. Pls note: ensure your application docs must be sent to only me if there are multiple application, you will have issues with our system.

magni101: 7. Any additional advise concerning All of this coz I'm in between two decisions whether to choose Mauritius or TRNC considering that the above questions where properly answered as regards to the school over there but I seem to develop a soft spot for EMU.
please the level I would start from and the duration matters a lot to me and will be glad If you can elaborate that to my understanding bearing in mind the memorandum Aptech has with EMU. If you need to see it, I could direct you to a link I saw concerning the Agreement Aptech has with EMU.
Thanks.

No dont bother about APTECH link i have over 100% info about that, i was instrumental to its existence at EMU. You will start at 2.5 yrs and spend additional 1.5 yrs to finish the program provided you wont fail any courses. Since 2012, 65% of the APTECH students we have at EMU from Nigeria proved to either purchase the result or paid the lecturer to grade them. They do fail major courses like database development etc, in same 2012, increased scrutiny of the students were in placed and if you have poor grades in major infotech programs you will have to repeat them. If you actually attended APTECH in a good center and knows what you were taught you wont have probs otherwise....

I am quite conversant with Mauritius, the fees could be far cheaper than EMU but i doubt if you can spend 3 semesters with your APTECH, the programs overthere are 3yrs both accommodation and tuition are low if you are admitted into government-based university like UTM.
Re: North Cyprus by imaxo: 1:39am On Jul 20, 2014
Hi Wip,

I recently got an admission into EMU to study Information Technology. I actually applied for Electrical and Electronics Engineering but was notified in my letter that the quota has been exhausted. I really have a very strong passion for EEE and wish to switch over on my arrival at EMU or after my first semester.

My fear is if I would be allowed to switch from IT to EEE cos I have no passion in InfoTech.

Please advice
Re: North Cyprus by magni101(m): 4:34pm On Jul 20, 2014
wip7 Thanks for your timely response. I think I will have to apply through you coz your explanation is satisfactory.
Kindly drop your email address If possible a way I can reach you quickly coz I want to ask some more personal questions and also need some clarification on a few things you mentioned. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.