Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,733 members, 7,875,841 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:02 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (778583 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 10:10pm On Jan 26, 2011
Yemi i've still not heard from you guy
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 2:52am On Jan 27, 2011
ministry of education attends to u frm everyday till 1pm
foreign affairs only attends to u on mondays to wednesday at 8 to 11am
embassy attends to u everyday frm 9am to 1pm then 2pm to 5pm. but they alternate days for aaplication and collection. so u can only apply on mondays and wednesdays to get ur visa on tuesday and thursday. i can't remember wat they do on fridays. Also, dont forget to ask the international office for ur reference number on the list sent to the embassy cos they could tell u ur name isn't there cos they dont want u to waste their time. all the best sha.
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 6:40am On Jan 27, 2011
@ abduladi,

Do we need to go to the foreign affairs ministry too for the TRNC visa application process?
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 7:42am On Jan 27, 2011
that was the instruction on my acceptance letter sha. it said i shld tk my attested certificates from ministry of education and foreign affairs to the embassy along with other docs for my visa processing. shikena
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 8:14am On Jan 27, 2011
Ok, I guess different schools = different requirements.
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 8:19am On Jan 27, 2011
i dont think that o. this is wat the embassy requires. and all skls refer to the same embassy. I was just tell u that cos its like my letter made it easier to knw wat they would mainly like to see. wat skl is urs cos all students i met had there results attested. tho i hv a stubborn friend that didnt even bother to do any of these things. he jusst came all the way from yola, submitted at the embassy and he was still given the transsit visa. well that was probably his luck but just do as the embassy requires.
Re: North Cyprus by Chinois: 8:22am On Jan 27, 2011
http://abuja.emb.mfa.gov.tr/ShowInfoNotes.aspx?ID=756

According to the embassy link I posted above, we only need to have the certificates attested by the ministry of education, did not say anything about going to the foreign affairs ministry, that is why I asked you the initial question.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 8:38am On Jan 27, 2011
EMU APPLICANTS,

I welcome you all the new EMU students that had arrived few days back and the incoming new EMU students. I wish to bring to your notice that EMU is fostering greater opportunities with international world and Nigerian Government and in few days we shall have 4 Nigerian Governors visiting EMU for another accreditation's and recognition of our reputable University in the ISLAND OF MAKING, as we all know EMU is the ONLY university in North Cyprus recognized by the Nigerian ministry of education for now and we tend to open more access for EMU graduates back home.

For new incoming students, please any one of you coming with his or her parents should please inform us in time so that your parents wont have any immigration problems as some had few days back.

EMU will be celebrating  another colorful graduation ceremony for her responsible and quality graduates and records have it that a total of 71 Nigerians will be graduating from our esteem university with over 20 FIRST CLASS HOLDERS and above average second class upper students. We congratulate you guys once more.

We urge the new students from Nigeria and Africa to kindly uphold our national anthem as being one of the best BRAINS in the world and to always show some form of modesty and honesty where ever you are in order to prove some  minority worlds WRONG that not all AFRICANS or NIGERIANS are criminal or dishonest but we are BOX full of BRAINS AND CREATIVITY.

chinosis,

You will not need to go to Ministry of foreign affairs, you will only need to go to MED. Your name has been sent to Turkish embassy since last week Thursday so you can obtain your visa anytime from now. before you go to the embassy kindly let me know so i can let you know your fax and details we sent to the embassy for easy access.  

Regards,

International Office

Eastern Mediterranean University

Northern Cyprus

http://ic.emu.edu.tr, www.emuintcenter..com, www.emu.edu.tr
scholarship@emu.edu.tr

+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2690
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 10:42am On Jan 27, 2011
wip4:

EMU APPLICANTS,

I welcome you all the new EMU students that had arrived few days back and the incoming new EMU students. I wish to bring to your notice that EMU is fostering greater opportunities with international world and Nigerian Government and in few days we shall have 4 Nigerian Governors visiting EMU for another accreditation's and recognition of our reputable University in the ISLAND OF MAKING, as we all know EMU is the ONLY recognized institution by ministry of education of Nigeria in North Cyprus and we tend to open more access for EMU graduates back home.

For new incoming students, please any one of you coming with his or her parents should please inform us in time so that your parents wont have any immigration problems as some had few days back.

EMU will be celebrating  another colorful graduation ceremony for her responsible and quality graduates and records have it that a total of 71 Nigerians will be graduating from our esteem university with over 20 FIRST CLASS HOLDERS and above average second class upper students. We congratulate you guys once more.

We urge the new students from Nigeria and Africa to kindly uphold our national anthem as being one of the best BRAINS in the world and to always show some form of modesty and honesty where ever you are in order to prove some  minority worlds WRONG that not all AFRICANS or NIGERIANS are criminal or dishonest but we are BOX full of BRAINS AND CREATIVITY.

chinosis,

You will not need to go to Ministry of foreign affairs, you will only need to go to MED. Your name has been sent to Turkish embassy since last week Thursday so you can obtain your visa anytime from now. before you go to the embassy kindly let me know so i can let you know your fax and details we sent to the embassy for easy access.  

Regards,

International Office

Eastern Mediterranean University

Northern Cyprus

http://ic.emu.edu.tr, www.emuintcenter..com, www.emu.edu.tr
scholarship@emu.edu.tr

+90 392 630 2444
+90 392 630 3201
+90 392 630 2690

Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 12:33pm On Jan 27, 2011
Hmnnnnn

Only recognised institution

SHALM
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
wip4:

EMU is the ONLY recognized institution by ministry of education of Nigeria in North Cyprus

Does Nigeria have Ministry of education outside Nigeria?
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 1:04pm On Jan 27, 2011
What Wip meant is this: EMU is the only University in North Cyprus that is recognized by the Nigerian ministry of Education.
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2011
justwise:

Does Nigeria have Ministry of education outside Nigeria?
ahamdiheme:

What Wip meant is this: EMU is the only University in North Cyprus that is recognized by the Nigerian ministry of Education.

Don't mind my Turkish English tongue ahamdiheme has answered the question.
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 3:27pm On Jan 27, 2011
wip4:

Don't mind my Turkish English tongue ahamdiheme has answered the question.
ahamdiheme:

Got it now.
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 4:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
^^^^^Hi-rise i guess you came late
wip is doing his thing and peeps like it
no Bleep up since

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by pinehearst: 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2011
abduladi:

ministry of education attends to u frm everyday till 1pm
foreign affairs only attends to u on mondays to wednesday at 8 to 11am
embassy attends to u everyday frm 9am to 1pm then 2pm to 5pm. but they alternate days for aaplication and collection. so u can only apply on mondays and wednesdays to get your visa on tuesday and thursday. i can't remember wat they do on fridays.  Also, dont forget to ask the international office for your reference number on the list sent to the embassy cos they could tell u your name isn't there cos they dont want u to waste their time. all the best sha.

thanks alot i really luv your detailed break down and am indeed grateful
Was able to make it to the Ministry, for the authenticate and was still able to meet up for visa application at the embassy today .
was told to come pick it up Monday by 2pm
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 8:44pm On Jan 28, 2011
k, thats fine. pls which of the skls are u goin to?
Re: North Cyprus by pinehearst: 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2011
abduladi:

k, thats fine. pls which of the skls are u goin to?
EMU
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 11:25am On Jan 29, 2011
K, thats nice. Am for ciu. I dey feel somehow as emu just get too much mouth for this forum sef. I hope am not alone sha. When will u be travelin? Hv booked my flight for 8th feb
Re: North Cyprus by pinehearst: 12:15pm On Jan 29, 2011
am actually looking at 7th Monday or 8th trying to sort out office stuffs.
virtually every students at the embassy were all heading to EMU. WIP takes his time time to address every students issue personally,
without any recourse. He is indeed a gentle and patient person i guess that contributed greatly to the EMU growth couple with EMU good ranking.
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 1:21pm On Jan 29, 2011
Yeah, if has really tried for the institution. Fyi, no flight on monday 7th, So most likely 8th for u. But chk in is by 7pm of 7th to fly 2am of 8th smiley
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 2:38pm On Jan 29, 2011
Oga wip, pls for someone wit an hnd willin to do masters, wat will he hv to do to get a placement in emu. He has a 2.1 equivalent in his result. I hope he won't hv to tk some courses again. Also he would be interested in tking up a research assistant job at the skl. Do u think this will be possible?
Re: North Cyprus by wip4: 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2011
abduladi,

At EMU to get admitted for Master program, an applicant must be holder of an undergraduate degree but not diploma. Since HND is a diploma it is not possible to be admitted for master program at EMU, Such student if is 25years or below can transfer to any of the undergrad programs at EMU and spend maybe 3 semesters to get DEGREE and then start a master program.
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 8:05pm On Jan 29, 2011
K, Thnx for the info
Re: North Cyprus by sugar4all: 10:35pm On Feb 02, 2011
abduladi:

K, thats nice. Am for ciu. I dey feel somehow as emu just get too much mouth for this forum sef. I hope am not alone sha. When will u be travelin? Hv booked my flight for 8th feb
cheesy

cheesy, lol, i hv just got admission to CIU, so Im ur 2nd person.
Wish u best of luck
Re: North Cyprus by suxes2005(m): 11:04am On Feb 03, 2011
@all, Please when any1 get to Abj
lemme know as i need some info from
the embassy

SHALOM
Re: North Cyprus by abduladi(m): 6:09pm On Feb 03, 2011
Sugar4all, thats nice to hear. When are u travelin? Are u for masters or undergrad.smiley . Success, just google turkish embassy in nigeria. U hv all the info u need there. Except if ur talkin of very special situations sha. Gud luck
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 6:00pm On Feb 04, 2011
Hello everyone,

I need to buy a one way ticket but the guys at turkish airline in abuja insist on me buying a return ticket. Can anybody in the house assist me please?
Many thanks
Re: North Cyprus by iz2much: 6:32pm On Feb 04, 2011
use emirate if their wahala too much
Re: North Cyprus by ahamdiheme: 6:59pm On Feb 04, 2011
@Iz
do you know the luggage allowance for Emirates?
Re: North Cyprus by lomolink(m): 11:19pm On Feb 04, 2011
Check this one www.northcypruspd.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.