Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,119 members, 7,949,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 08:13 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (789787 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 12:41pm On Nov 20, 2011
@wip4, thanks for ur quick response, the DOB on my transcript is the ryt 1, guess it shld be the 1 i should apply wit, wic 1 is the sch interested in? and and i hope the embassy is nt interested in my DOBs, i also heard a rumour that EMU is planningto stop scholarship??,
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 12:56pm On Nov 20, 2011
@win4 just went true ur reply again, u mean i should go ahead and apply with the DOB on my transcript wic is the ryt 1 but get an affidavit summited with my application ryt?? and yhat i wldnt hav any problem with turkish embassy on this issue,
Re: North Cyprus by imperiouxx(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2011
wip7:

Which is the correct DOB: the one on the transcript or the one on PP? If the one on the transcript is the correct date of birth then kindly apply with that and get affidavit letter or support letter from a legal arm stating the correct date and kindly supply this letter during the time of your application. The only place you may have problem will be during registration as Turkish embassy is not interested in your transcript. But during registration and when we are doing documents verification at your formal school, if there are any changes in documents submitted it could lead to expulsion.

If you submit affidavit letter alongside your application, then there wont be a problem.

If the DOB on your international passport is the wrong one, i wonder what went wrong, as all applicants do fill the data b4 submission in Nigeria and the machines ask you to check your data b4 final submission by clicking YES or NO, so what happened then?

International Center,
EMU, www.emu.edu.tr
skull4una@gmail.com

@wip7,

You are trying to look for what is talking inside radio. Most Nigerians don't have stable DOB, it changes with situation. Abeg, understand the guy wink grin lolz

@temas,

Notary public would be better.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:21pm On Nov 20, 2011
imperiouxx:

@wip7,

You are trying to look for what is talking inside radio. Most Nigerians don't have stable DOB, it changes with situation. Abeg, understand the guy wink grin lolz

Hmmm but if the DOB keeps changing with situation for Nigerians then, how can one believe or trust such entities sir? We have encountered irregularities among some students just recently during the document verification and presently 32 students will be expelled and send back home as most do not even attend the universities they present the transcript for us during registration and some did submit FAKE Olevel results. We discovered this during recent document verification and very unfortunate for the students, some are currently 2nd year students. which means wasted money and effort as we shall send their names to UK, US and Europeans embassies after deportation. One presented a female result for us and nobody know the result belongs to a female as the name can fit in for male and female. Thanks to the examination bodies.
Re: North Cyprus by imperiouxx(m): 2:33pm On Nov 20, 2011
wip7:

Hmmm but if the DOB keeps changing with situation for Nigerians then, how can one believe or trust such entities sir? We have encountered irregularities among some students just recently during the document verification and presently 32 students will be expelled and send back home as most do not even attend the universities they present the transcript for us during registration and some did submit FAKE Olevel results. We discovered this during recent document verification and very unfortunate for the students, some are currently 2nd year students. which means wasted money and effort as we shall send their names to UK, US and Europeans embassies after deportation. One presented a female result for us and nobody know the result belongs to a female as the name can fit in for male and female. Thanks to the examination bodies.

That's one of those ugly things people engage themselves in here and it's pathetic, the best solution is for them to be ban. The deportation. . . . .well I don't know how large NC is because you may hardly get them.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:35pm On Nov 20, 2011
Temas:

@win4 just went true your reply again, u mean i should go ahead and apply with the DOB on my transcript wic is the ryt 1 but get an affidavit summited with my application ryt?? and yhat i wldnt hav any problem with turkish embassy on this issue,

At EMU, during registration, we are interested on the[b] date of birth on all students International passport[/b]. As this DOB will be on the students transcript, students certificate, ID cards. If you wish to receive or send western union, you will be requested to drop your intl passport and your DOB will be the one in use. So either you stick to the DOB on your intl and get Notary public to support that or you get it changed. Cos we are going to extract the DOB on your inlt passport and make use of it even on your academic portal and not the one on the transcript.

International center.
EMU.www.emu.edu.tr
skull4una@gmail.com
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2011
@win4 u still havnt answer my question.gyd emu will use d DOB on my int pp and get an affidavit to back it up .wat nw happens during document verification cos my real date of birth is on both my waec result and my transcript.wat happens wen i graduate and am having diffrent DOB on my emu certificate and my other docs cos u said emu would use the DOB on my int pp mind u dat is nt my real DOB, again abt the sch scholarship a friend told me the sch is trying to stop it for the coming session feb 2012 .how true is this
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:18pm On Nov 20, 2011
Temas:

@win4 u still havnt answer my question.gyd emu will use d DOB on my int pp and get an affidavit to back it up .wat nw happens during document verification cos my real date of birth is on both my waec result and my transcript.wat happens wen i graduate and am having diffrent DOB on my emu certificate and my other docs cos u said emu would use the DOB on my int pp mind u dat is nt my real DOB, again abt the sch scholarship a friend told me the sch is trying to stop it for the coming session feb 2012 .how true is this

We only use DOB on your Intl passport and this will be same DOB on your transcripts and student certificate and any inconsistency caused by you is not EMU responsibility.

Is your friend working with EMU or how did he know the scholarship will be stopped? did you read that on EMU web also? a new scholarship scheme has just been approved by the scholarship committee and this create more opportunity for brilliant students. EMU scholarship is ON and we have not told anybody it will stop.

International center
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by Temas: 5:46pm On Nov 20, 2011
@wip7 thankz so much for your patience and understanding
Re: North Cyprus by cris83: 10:23am On Nov 26, 2011
Wip, good day. Pleas i would like to apply at your university. can i please know the general requirements needed to process my admission. al i would like to study a masters course as i have a degree in geology. Does your university offer masters program in geology?. I am still processing my results so i dont think i will make it for the february deadline so can you please tell me when the next deadline is?,  All information is greatly needed and i would appreciate it if you can get back to me. I really want to pursue a degree in cyprus since it offers cheap university education. Thank you very much as i look forward to your reply
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:48am On Nov 26, 2011
cris83:

Wip, good day. Pleas i would like to apply at your university. can i please know the general requirements needed to process my admission. al i would like to study a masters course as i have a degree in geology. Does your university offer masters program in geology?. I am still processing my results so i dont think i will make it for the february deadline so can you please tell me when the next deadline is?,  All information is greatly needed and i would appreciate it if you can get back to me. I really want to pursue a degree in cyprus since it offers cheap university education. Thank you very much as i look forward to your reply

Thank you for your interest in EMU. The requirement for graduate studies at EMU can be found on our website www.grad.emu.edu.tr We do not offer master program in Geology at EMU. To be admitted you have earned at least CGPA 2.4/4.0 for any of the EMU master programs. Read more on the website.

There is great school in Turkey, METU, the school do have campus in North Cyprus and they offer related master program in Geology and petroleum studies, kindly visit the university website for details www.metu.edu.tr and Another reputable Turkish university Istanbul technical university is now in North Cyprus, do google their programs and email them. Good luck
Re: North Cyprus by imperiouxx(m): 8:31am On Nov 30, 2011
wip7:

[center]EASTERN MEDITERRANEAN UNIVERSITY, NORTH CYPRUS[/center]

EMU the most reputable and developed university in North Cyprus collaborate with two highly ranked Japanese and Turkish universities for graduate students to carry out intensive cutting edge research within a frame of time and this will also open the students to another competitive research environment for the overall development and exposure of the students in terms of research.

[center]ONE YEAR Warwick University, UK DEGREE AT EMU CAMPUS [/center]

The first set of Warwick university students are currently undergoing their classes at EMU campus even though the academic rigour and coffee they enjoy with their UK lecturers make them to stay back after their studies while some students will be taking some modules at Warwick Campus in the UK early next year! New applicants for the Warwick students are therefore encourage to enjoy all the facilities in our campus to earn your one year UK degree at an affordable cost.

[center]EMU WILL SEND THE FIRST BATCH OF NAMES TO EMBASSY[/center]

EMU wishes to congratulate once again those that have been admitted for the Spring semester 2012 and also to remind those students yet to make payment to kindly do so as the first batch of names will be going to Turkish embassy Abuja in few days. The admission for spring semester is still open till January ending and student can still apply. To apply to EMU is just easy as EMU do not charge admission processing nor scholarship fees! just send us your documents ONLY.

For further inquiries kindly read more on our website email or call us!!!

International center,
EMU, www.emu.edu.tr
skull4una@gmail.com
+903926302444/2690

Wip7, i discovered spambot prevents your post so I'm helping you quoting it.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2011
[/quote][quote author=imperiouxx link=topic=351402.msg9661193#msg9661193 date=1322638309]

@ imperiuoxx
Yes, thank you so much i was rushing to police stations early this morn as 8 Nigerians were caught last night for drugs and we need to prepare their exit paper from the university.

I wish to inform Africans at large, North Cyprus is a small island that is suitable for education due to low crime rate and good educational packages. Before you embark on the Journey of living your country or what ever the agents tell you, i will advice you ask questions and google the schools in question for added information.

If you know your parent or sponsor do not have adequate funds to educate you at North Cyprus kindly stay in your country or move to nearby country with cheaper options. Any student caught with drugs above 100grams at North Cyprus according to the NC rule will pay fine of 30,000lira and spend uneasy and rough months/years in the jail b4 bin deported home. If you smoke weed here, you will be caught and jail, please do not come and spoil the little image we have built so far.

EMU will not be part of criminal and illegal acts and we promise once again to assist the police and immigration to prepare the exit of any criminals caught and ensure all their names are fax to UK, US and European embassies.

EMU only encourage credible students to come over to study here and we shall reward outstanding students with scholarships and standard training facilities at our serene campus.

International center,
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by imperiouxx(m): 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2011
I'm shock. Naija guyz, why now?
Re: North Cyprus by masterp204: 8:02pm On Nov 30, 2011
imperiouxx:

i still havnt received my scholarship letter, whats the cause of the delay?
Re: North Cyprus by octar6: 10:16pm On Dec 03, 2011
@wip7,
do u have an idea of what is delayn the department from approvin my applicaion?for almost 3weeks its still awaitn approval from d dept.is it normal and does it take this long?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2011
octar6:

@wip7,
do u have an idea of what is delayn the department from approvin my applicaion?for almost 3weeks its still awaitn approval from d dept.is it normal and does it take this long?

It could be due to volume of application received or your application is not noticed. When did the registrar approve your application? give me exact date and which department you did submit your application to? kindly email the registrar your application number and state what you want, if in 3 days no approval you can email me your application number and department you applied to.

International center,
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by octar6: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2011
@wip 7,
Let me provide d details @ 1c for u. I applied on the 13/11/2011 . Application no  A111770. And d registrer approved it on the 14/11/2011.dept of computer engineering.
Thanks while waitn for your response.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:03am On Dec 05, 2011
octar6:

@wip 7,
Let me provide d details @ 1c for u. I applied on the 13/11/2011 . Application no  A111770. And d registrer approved it on the 14/11/2011.dept of computer engineering.
Thanks while waitn for your response.

Alright, i will contact the personnel in charge of the networks today and inform him to make your application visible to the department cos it seems to me is not visible to the departmental committee. kindly inform me as soon as you get your approval.

International center,
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by feasy1(m): 12:48pm On Dec 06, 2011
Hi Wip,
My younger brother is about sending his application towards spring 2012 but I just noticed on EMU website that applicator could be via email or post. Do you advice documents be scanned and emailed to registrar@emu.edu.tr or is there preference for posting the application.

Cheers
Re: North Cyprus by octar6: 2:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
wip7:

Alright, i will contact the personnel in charge of the networks today and inform him to make your application visible to the department cos it seems to me is not visible to the departmental committee. kindly inform me as soon as you get your approval.

International center,
EMU.

@wip7,
thanks for your efforts.but unfortunately my application was rejected by the department.so what do u tink can b my next line of action?reapply for another course or what?thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:24pm On Dec 06, 2011
feasy1:

Hi Wip,
My younger brother is about sending his application towards spring 2012 but I just noticed on EMU website that applicator could be via email or post. Do you advice documents be scanned and emailed to registrar@emu.edu.tr or is there preference for posting the application.

Cheers

Thank you for your interest in our University. The fastest means of sending us application is through email. kindly inform your brother to scan the documents and related forms to us.

International Center,
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:30pm On Dec 06, 2011
octar6:

@wip7,
thanks for your efforts.but unfortunately my application was rejected by the department.so what do u tink can b my next line of action?reapply for another course or what?thanks.

Yeah i was informed your application was made visible to the department and decision has been made. First, before you re-apply may i ask you few questions? What is your CGPA? your bachelor discipline? You will need to apply to your exact department or related department before your application can be approved.

International Center,
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by feasy1(m): 6:10am On Dec 07, 2011
octar6:

@wip7,

Thanks Wip, he sent the hard copies via EMS yesterday but I have instructed him to scan and send the docs via email today for faster response. Thanks for the prompt response.
Re: North Cyprus by kwenu: 11:50am On Dec 07, 2011
@wip7, I choose to study Music in EMU under Preparatory School, before gaining entrance to Normal degree studies. please shed more lights on this. the preparatory school for one who wants to study music, what are the requirements and fees, ect. Hope to read back from you soon

I also want to say that u re doing a great job here for Nigerians.Good work Brother. keep it up and
God Bless you
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
kwenu:

@wip7, I choose to study Music in EMU under Preparatory School, before gaining entrance to Normal degree studies. please shed more lights on this. the preparatory school for one who wants to study music, what are the requirements and fees, ect. Hope to read back from you soon

I also want to say that u re doing a great job here for Nigerians.Good work Brother. keep it up and
God Bless you

Thank you for the interest shown in our University. Unfortunately we do not admit International students into our Music department for now and you wont be able to apply for Preparatory Music class at EMU. We only have English preparatory classes for non-English speaking applicants.

International Center,
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by godfrey123: 10:27am On Dec 08, 2011
@wip7: i have read all your helps to us all the prospectiver students of EMU, Please i am Godstime by name and i got an admission at EMU to study information technology with addition to 25% scholarship.please i want to know if i make an installmental tuition fee if i would be granted confirmation and approval letter to come over?
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:36pm On Dec 08, 2011
godfrey123:

@wip7: i have read all your helps to us all the prospectiver students of EMU, Please i am Godfrey by name and i got an admission at EMU to study information technology with addition to 25% scholarship.please i want to know if i make an installmental tuition fee if i would be granted confirmation and approval letter to come over?

Thank you for choosing EMU. With your 25% scholarship, you will need to pay 75% tuition fee which will be $2512.5 but i will advise you transfer at least $2550 so as to offset bank charges. The installment fee plan is basically for old students, which means after your first semester you can start paying installments. Please i will advise you to have a strong financial backbone before you embark on this journey. If you know you dont have stable or stand by sponsor kindly stay back home to study abroad is not as rosy as painted.

We can only send your name to the embassy if we receive 75% fee from you and if you pay less than that your name wont be among names going to embassy and to get refund will be difficult and lengthy.

In case you have further inquiries kindly ask and you can call or email us anytime.

International center,
EMU. skull4una@gmail.com
+903926302444/2690
www.ic.emu.edu.tr
Re: North Cyprus by godfrey123: 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2011
Ok sir.My friend happened to be a student there and he has been the one helping me with all, i mean the admission, the scholarship and everything.Sir before i proceed with paying my 75% tuition fee.Please i want to know if i am really i student there.He sent me an admission letter and some weeks later i was sent my scholarship letter.Please sir confirm this for me, Below are my informations Sir kindly check for me if it is real

my full names are INEh OUk,
Ref: 400-503.2.1-33444
Agent Name: ffer
Admisiion Ref No: 6241

Sir check if this is real sir, so i know how i can pay the 75% tuition fee.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:52am On Dec 09, 2011
godfrey123:

Ok sir.My friend happened to be a student there and he has been the one helping me with all, i mean the admission, the scholarship and everything.Sir before i proceed with paying my 75% tuition fee.Please i want to know if i am really i student there.He sent me an admission letter and some weeks later i was sent my scholarship letter.Please sir confirm this for me, Below are my informations Sir kindly check for me if it is real

my full names are INEGBENOSE A. GODFREY,
Ref: 400-503.2.1-6241
Agent Name: RIZU
Admisiion Ref No: 6241

Sir check if this is real sir, so i know how i can pay the 75% tuition fee.

Yeah your admission is real and your scholarship. If i get to office later today i will equally send you the original letters from our university official email. Please be informed, do not transfer money into personal accounts even if he is your friend. I will send you EMU official bank accounts. You will go to your bank or sponsor bank to make the transfer into any of the EMU bank account then send me or your friend the bank telex transfer copy. I warn you do not pay to personal account.

International center,
EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by godfrey123: 10:06am On Dec 09, 2011
Thank you very much for the information sir.This is my personal email here Godstime@ymail.com

will be expecting the email from the school soon,

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.