Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,856 members, 7,879,614 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:25 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (779212 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by usdane: 1:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
penroll55:
lol...but bros check am na,the guy is asking for advice but even if we do he just put it at d corner saying different things....so i guess he wanted us to advice him in line to what he have in mind.the best is to let him do his mind so he wont put the blame on any of us here....His mind is made up and such people are the most difficult cus they are claiming they need advice where all they are doing is just creating awareness and still do theirs.
bros thanks 4 ur contribution. I appreciate it. However, if the only reason of advicing me against going 2 ciu is their lack of teachers' commitment and non-chalant attitude towards their job-teaching, i still prefer dem to the 9ja schools. At least oyinbo school wey no serious pass 9ja school wey no serious and lacks standard learning facilities. Plus im more like to secure job or masters admission to another school frm CIU than if i were 2 enter school here. The only thing that would discourage me frm ignoring ciu is if they dupe or ignore students who they already accept during or before registration which is unlikely. U r advising me as if they expelled you for no valid reason frm d school and thus u bear grudge against them. Sorry if i sound rude.
Re: North Cyprus by izyworld88: 7:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
No mind dem CIU no admit dem dat y dey nw dey vex.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 12:44am On Jun 29, 2013
usdane:
bros thanks 4 ur contribution. I appreciate it. However, if the only reason of advicing me against going 2 ciu is their lack of teachers' commitment and non-chalant attitude towards their job-teaching, i still prefer dem to the 9ja schools. At least oyinbo school wey no serious pass 9ja school wey no serious and lacks standard learning facilities. Plus im more like to secure job or masters admission to another school frm CIU than if i were 2 enter school here. The only thing that would discourage me frm ignoring ciu is if they dupe or ignore students who they already accept during or before registration which is unlikely. U r advising me as if they expelled you for no valid reason frm d school and thus u bear grudge against them. Sorry if i sound rude.
some post are meant being ignored and wanted 2 same 2 this bt just wanted to prove something,i never applied to ciu and so sory for responding to your post,my mistake and we dont have to quarel over my mistake.take kia man
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 9:01am On Jun 29, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 9:11am On Jun 29, 2013
seem we have only guys in dis room anyway dat is not d issue on ground

i nid advice on wat 2 do my statement of account does nt av up to 2million am scared i will b refused visa @ d embassy pls i nid advice from pple in same situation or pple dat av passed through it
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:06am On Jun 29, 2013
pwettyolly: seem we have only guys in dis room anyway dat is not d issue on ground

i nid advice on wat 2 do my statement of account does nt av up to 2million am scared i will b refused visa @ d embassy pls i nid advice from pple in same situation or pple dat av passed through it
Statement of account does not necessarily mean you must have up to or more than 2million in your account but if the account is a functional account in the sense that the flow of money into the account is satisfactory and regular not an account that has 3million for like 2years and ever since,the only money that has enter is bank interest or like 2thousand naira(This not the type of statement of account we talking about).
Have a friend that came this spring semester with balance in the account less than a million but was given the visa.So worry less about that as long as the cash flow is okay.
Before i forget,try to appreciate or thank those that bring out time to respond to your questions cus it can take you a long way when you often do.

3 Likes

Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 29, 2013
Good day @wip and others, am so very grateful for your help, encouragement and support may God bless us all
Have a blissful wknd
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:44pm On Jun 29, 2013
@aliesto:
Good day @wip and others, am so very grateful for your help, encouragement and support may God bless us all
Have a blissful wknd

wonderful wknd to you too.
Re: North Cyprus by usdane: 1:49pm On Jun 29, 2013
penroll55:
some post are meant being ignored and wanted 2 same 2 this bt just wanted to prove something,i never applied to ciu and so sory for responding to your post,my mistake and we dont have to quarel over my mistake.take kia man
i never intended to quarrel with anyone. My point was and still is, you haven'nt given me enough reason(s) to ignore this admission CIU has offered me. Instead you more or less blaming me for insisting on knwin why. If u wanna advice somebody, try 2 do it amicably and not forcefully and explain comprehensively. Thats my point. Thanks 4 ur contributions anyway.
Re: North Cyprus by pwettyolly(f): 2:53pm On Jun 29, 2013
tnk u very much am sry if i avnt bin saying thank you av bin busy but i promise 2 acknowledge every post i get 4rm here henceforth thank you once again 2 every body dat has bin of help am grateful
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 12:02am On Jun 30, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:15am On Jun 30, 2013
benson3788:
Please I have these questions for you;
(1.) I applied for admission to EMU in my new name, as I changed my surname from NNAYEREUGO to BENSON; I submitted my affidavit during registration.
The admission was given in my new surname, but the acceptance letter came in my old surname, and my int'l passprt holds my new surname. So i wonder how viable this would be in securing the VISA to TRNC.
Although the school said I would change it during registration. Is the affidavit ok for the change of name?

(2.) I was given a 50% grant which is $1835 as stated on my letter of acceptance. Can I make payments installmentaly? What about the bank & account no?

(3.) Which universities are exchange partners with EMU?

1. Which one is admission and which one is Acceptance letter? EMU has just one letter issued to student which is ACCEPTANCE LETTER(same as Admission letter) so you cant be issued tw0 different letters. EMU prepares Acceptance letter from names on your result not on your Intl passport thats the university RULE. You may go with your affidavit to embassy and explain yourself.

2. Exact amount you are to pay is stated in your Acceptance letter, kindly read it very well. Nothing like installment for new incoming student. (Ensure you have good sponsor, ensure you are financially capable, Ensure you are here to study, You may not get job...If from now you are asking of installment payment then am not sure you are ready)

Read the acceptance letter very well you will find the bank account details written there on your letter or ask somebody to help you read it. Two different banks are written there and the full details also.

3. We have more than 40 universities as EMU exchange partners, exchange is meant for 2nd year student with good CGPA, Our exchange students can only spend one semester in the other university once and there are huge security that wont allow them run away. Since you are coming as new student and want to study at EMU, you do not need to ask for exchange now cos you can only apply at your year 2 and is not automatic but based on alot before you can be selected. read more on EMU international center website for our exchange programs and rules.
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 11:20pm On Jun 30, 2013
@wip7,pls kindly help.I just received my acceptance letter my name is ANIMASHAUN ABDULLATEEF A. But my name was wrongfully spelt on my offer letter as ANTMASHAUN ABDULLATEEF A. I wil be payin my tuition 2mrw so i dnt wnt 2 encounter any problem,i wrote some letters no reply(my ref no:400-503.2.1-3701,bs Economics)tanks in anticipation (my email is olasco.akon2007@gmail.com)
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:27am On Jul 01, 2013
olasco_akon: @wip7,pls kindly help.I just received my acceptance letter my name is ANIMASHAUN ABDULLATEEF A. But my name was wrongfully spelt on my offer letter as ANTMASHAUN ABDULLATEEF A. I wil be payin my tuition 2mrw so i dnt wnt 2 encounter any problem,i wrote some letters no reply(my ref no:400-503.2.1-3701,bs Economics)tanks in anticipation (my email is olasco.akon2007@gmail.com)

The university will change it for you. kindly write to the registrar.
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
benson3788:

Thanks for your timely response!
I have a good financial backup. I only felt paying in installments would ease my troubled mind, as I dont wanna loose double.
I am really concerned about the change of name; are you sure it wont affect at the embassy or Point of entry?
Can I change to my new surname during registration at school?
Are there additional documents I need from Nigeria before arriving TRNC apart the affidavit I already have? Thanks

You can change names during registration and you need all academic documents during reg.
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 3:53pm On Jul 01, 2013
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 4:26pm On Jul 01, 2013
benson3788:

thanks though, you didn't answer this quest; which document is acceptable for change of name in TRNC? I dont want to be stranded, as I need to addressed as the name on my passprt.

You will be the one to fill your correct name during reg, just court affidavit is okay.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 6:55am On Jul 02, 2013
wip7:

You will be the one to fill your correct name during reg, just court affidavit is okay.
@Mr Wip7 and Penroll,pls for pple starting their registration on september,when is the best time to apply for visa from Nigeria.Also,which of the airlines is the cheapest down to Northern Cyprus.Mr Wip7,this one goes straight to uuuuu,are there chanmces of msc students securing another scholarship maybe at the end of first semester / beginning of second semester,if yes,what are the criteria.EMU have resent the corrected confirmation letter to me.Mr Wip7,when is my name expected to be sent to the turkish embassy and must i apply immediately my name is sent there.Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:31am On Jul 02, 2013
princetoochi:
@Mr Wip7 and Penroll,pls for pple starting their registration on september,when is the best time to apply for visa from Nigeria.Also,which of the airlines is the cheapest down to Northern Cyprus.Mr Wip7,this one goes straight to uuuuu,are there chanmces of msc students securing another scholarship maybe at the end of first semester / beginning of second semester,if yes,what are the criteria.EMU have resent the corrected confirmation letter to me.Mr Wip7,when is my name expected to be sent to the turkish embassy and must i apply immediately my name is sent there.Thanks

You may apply for TRNC government scholarship and you will learn the criteria when you arrive. EMu does not offer additional scholarship for graduate students. We are sending the the first batch of names to embassy on Friday. Names will be at embassy next week. Kindly apply for appointment with the embassy. just one month validity visa will be issued and classes start Sept 30. Ask traveling and tickets vendors for ticket prices and they will tell you the cheapest. Safe trip!
Re: North Cyprus by kandude(m): 10:00am On Jul 02, 2013
benson3788:
Please I have these questions for you;
(1.) I applied for admission to EMU in my new name, as I changed my surname from NNAYEREUGO to BENSON; I submitted my affidavit during registration.
The admission was given in my new surname, but the acceptance letter came in my old surname, and my int'l passprt holds my new surname. So i wonder how viable this would be in securing the VISA to TRNC.
Although the school said I would change it during registration. Is the affidavit ok for the change of name?

(2.) I was given a 50% grant which is $1835 as stated on my letter of acceptance. Can I make payments installmentaly? What about the bank & account no?

(3.) Which universities are exchange partners with EMU?
.....bros abeg how did you get the 50% grant.am thinking of applying
Re: North Cyprus by princetoochi: 1:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
wip7:

You may apply for TRNC government scholarship and you will learn the criteria when you arrive. EMu does not offer additional scholarship for graduate students. We are sending the the first batch of names to embassy on Friday. Names will be at embassy next week. Kindly apply for appointment with the embassy. just one month validity visa will be issued and classes start Sept 30. Ask traveling and tickets vendors for ticket prices and they will tell you the cheapest. Safe trip!
thank you Sir!though i intend applying first week of August so that before the end of August i willbe through with my visa stuff hence they only issueone month visa at the turkish embassy
Re: North Cyprus by benson3788(m): 8:08pm On Jul 02, 2013
kandude: .....bros abeg how did you get the 50% grant.am thinking of applying

Apply through the school site. Its free though, based on your result.
Refer other questions to WIP7
Re: North Cyprus by optimusprime2(m): 4:39am On Jul 03, 2013
pwettyolly: am also going 4 mai bsc nufin much yet dnt want 2 b forward since i heard d visa expires within a month nd moreover school isn't resuming until Sept pls lemme enjoy d little tym available 2 me in Nigeria o lolssss
I sent you a P.M
Re: North Cyprus by olascoakon: 7:47am On Jul 03, 2013
@wip7, pls emu av'nt reply all my letter concerning correction of name.Pls help me follow up my :ref no is 400-503.2.1-3701, bs economics(i received my confirmation letter 2ru dis email:animashaunabdulateef@yahoo.Com)pls help follow up
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
@Wip7- please, is admission still on for september intake? One of my guys want to apply.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2013
Demaejy: @Wip7- please, is admission still on for september intake? One of my guys want to apply.

yes
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
wip7:

yes
Thanks. I will tell him to emailing his documents to you. He's coming for UG,,,pls, could you tell me what he should send and the deadline ? Hope he would get the application form online or i should drop his email so you can forward it to him? Thanks.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 12:09am On Jul 04, 2013
Demaejy:
Thanks. I will tell him to emailing his documents to you. He's coming for UG,,,pls, could you tell me what he should send and the deadline ? Hope he would get the application form online or i should drop his email so you can forward it to him? Thanks.

He can email me his olevels, photograph passport and intl passport and state his course
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 6:23am On Jul 04, 2013
wip7:

He can email me his olevels, photograph passport and intl passport and state his course
Thank you very much. What about the schorlaship?

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.