Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,778 members, 7,921,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 12:21 PM

Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo (1262 Views)

Stop Your Campaigns For My Re-election For Now, Buhari Tells Supporters / Go To The Farm And Earn Respect, Buhari Tells Nigerian Youths / APC Blasts Charly Boy: Buhari Will Never Resign, Stop Making Senseless Noise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by franklyn005: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari has advised Nigerian movie producers and practitioners against promoting violence and glamourising s*xual vulgarity in their movies. In a foreword written in an official brochure titled, “Nigerian Film Industry at a Glance” which was published by the Africa Film Academy, President Muhammadu Buhari advised Nigerian filmakers against promoting violence and glamourising “s*xual vulgarity” in their movies.

According to a reporters, the president who sent the message to the movie industry urged movie practitioners to endeavour to always project the country in a positive light.

“The Nigerian film industry that is now called Nollywood, in the fashion of the American, Hollywood and Indian, Bollywood started as the effort of a group of enterprising young men and women who traded on their talents and sheer determination without anyone paying attention.

“It has now metamorphosed into a big industry employing thousands of people, contributing to the national Gross Domestic Product and empowering a new generation of creative entrepreneurs.

“Our government will continue to support the creative sectors of its economy so as to encourage our teeming youths while we enjoin our filmmakers to continue to project the image of Nigeria and the continent of Africa in a positive way through their story lines. Filmmakers should not make films for art sake. Films should be functional and socially relevant.

“Filmmakers, whether local or those who come here to use our facilities, must however be sensitive to our cultures and religions. They must not glamourise violence or $exual vulgarity in all their forms. They must not promote racism or ethnic superiority or demonise any religion or culture.

“I want to see more films that celeB.rate our diversity, films that celeB.rate the achievements of our people, films that promote social causes of right to education, films that tells us the evil of domestic violence against men and women, films that inspire hope and faith in our country and humanity in general. I am confident that Nollywood would go from strength to strength,"
Buhari was quoted to have said.
#palmgossip

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Tallesty1(m): 8:24am On Dec 12, 2016
I support this.
Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2016
grin

2 Likes

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Atiku2019: 8:28am On Dec 12, 2016
Typing...........................

I Don't watch Nigerian Movies grin

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by nNEOo(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2016
This is the best thing he could have done ban any movie glamourizing sex the level of moral decay in our society is alarming no thanks to our music n movies ......that daura drinking monster you berra not think am hailing you angry
Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Nobody: 8:42am On Dec 12, 2016
Buhari, Nigerians are hungry
Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by rayblast(m): 8:46am On Dec 12, 2016
Mr Dullard forget Nollyhood face our Security and Economy

1 Like

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by rayblast(m): 8:47am On Dec 12, 2016
Mr Dullard forget Nollyhood face our Security and Economy. We didn't vote for u to come and begin to Censor our movies . Who send u make u watch African Magic "NAKED ROMANCE " ?

4 Likes

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Doghari: 8:55am On Dec 12, 2016
If nollywood actors had made their movies like kannywood alias arewawood alias daurawood. Not a copy would be sold outside northern zoogeria and niger republic and I don't think Nollywood producers are interested in those audience.

4 Likes

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by PDJT: 9:01am On Dec 12, 2016
What an idiot.
All this second hand Religious practitioners, pretending to be holier than thou.

Someone should explain to the illiterate what Freedom and Liberty entails.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Jokerman(m): 9:36am On Dec 12, 2016
Coming from someone who is the Lord of corruption....

Hypocrite, remove the Log of wood in your eyes baba, so you can see clearly to remove the speck in Nollywood....

1 Like

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Mujaheeeden: 10:05am On Dec 12, 2016
Buhari should face his conservative north for such tales because in yhe South we don't care

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by darknetcom: 10:45am On Dec 12, 2016
Mujaheeeden:
Buhari should face his conservative north for such tales because in yhe South we don't care

you stink..
Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by OneManLegion(m): 11:44am On Dec 12, 2016
Nollywood is part of the ENTERTAINMENT industry, not part of CAN or NAFSAT.

Their sole object is to entertain, biko.

Leave them the _fuck alone.

Me wey dey vex say them nor dey straff for nigerian films.

1 Like

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Joephat(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2016
the only side I like watching in Nigerian movie that this dullard want to stop.

why is he always after punishing us na? is no longer hike in Data now is that aspect of nollywood that gives me joy with my Eva soap or vesaline in my hand....

1 Like

Re: Respect Religion, Stop Making Movies That Glamourize Sex - Buhari Tells Nollywoo by Leboska(m): 12:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
This presi_idiot again. can't this fool just keep quite & mind his business.

(1) (Reply)

Details Of Phone Conversations Between President Buhari And Trump~garba Shehu / IPOB: The Anatomy Of A Journey Without Map By Churchill Okonkwo / Caption This Photo, Lia Mohamed Vs Adeshina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.