Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,424 members, 7,881,560 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:52 PM

Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction (56817 Views)

Leg Of Akan Weeks, Founder Of Collapsed Reigners Church In Uyo, May Be Amputated / Video Of Collapsed Reigners Bible Church Building In Uyo (Graphic Content) / Reigners Bible Church Collapse In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
How could any intelligent person enter into such a building wit no single beam/pillars holding the overhead?.

Lawd have mercy.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by shukudi(m): 1:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
CXLVII:

Hello! The House of God just collapsed, His altar like you claim. How did it fall? Could a biblical miracle happen like it was written in the bible? Now you talking COREN grin grin grin

We re talking of a spiritual house and not a mall.... I don't know a God that would allow his children perish right under his house and he couldn't even just hang the roof in the air.
enjoy ur folly. All atheist I've been meeting are very intelligent, but ur own case is uniquely different. Ur dumbness is legendary.

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by elbinmanny(m): 1:45pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:
Was any test done to determine the soil's load bearing capacity undecided

It looks like they wanted to emulate the winner's chapel edifice at Ota but they've forgotten that bishop oyedepo is a trained Architect.

Look at the walls shocked shocked isn't that just block and cement? No steel beams to support the overhead steel work shocked shocked
nne what has the load bearing capacity of the soil got to do with a collapsed roof that left the walls still standing? You wan show yasef abi?
This is probably due to wrong distribution of loads of the roof which created a point load at the centre. This was caused by gravitational force acting downwards from the king post undecided

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by ikukuhero: 1:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
rattlesnake:
Common sense is not commom

My Mum often says that to us when she thinks we've acted stupidly.

And to those talking about God ..., please, let's remember that God created a BRAIN in man for a purpose. God is never ever going to do the thinking for us. So, it's a shame that someone placed such heavy load (steel) on such feeble looking walls which if tested, one would discover has a much higher percentage of sand to cement - low quality commercial blocks, and probably thought it was going to stay because it was 'God's house'. Anyway, that structure was a disaster waiting to happen but it's sad that it chose to happen when it did. So heartbreaking how young lives were lost by outright carelessness of some incompetent people. But, who the heck was the project manager or supervisor? Oh dear me!
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

HOW CAN YOU ERECT METAL OVER HEAD BEAMS WITHOUT PILLARS FOR SUPPORT??

GOD!!!!!!!! THIS WAS MURDER!!!!!

Should be treated as a MURDER CASE , truly speaking.

Everyone one join winners chapel build without pillars...
These PASTORS have bitten more than they can chew
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by EazyMoh(m): 1:51pm On Dec 12, 2016
YeyeGirl:
D person who gave dem d job isn't to b blamed... He's got no business abt hw it goes... Its like me telling u to build a house for me since I have d money to afford one... Wetin concern Doctor with Architecture?? Think pls... D builders are 2 be blamed... Wit d beauty of d church,how u expect make d pastors knw say d church get comma...
Actually some owners try to force the engineers hand to build for them what they like. especially when it comes to cost and quality of building materials. A friend of mine who is a Civil Engineer has a big quarrel with a client regarding following government guidelines. The owner wanted the fence to be built closer to a highway as against the guideline of 50m.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by wirinet(m): 1:54pm On Dec 12, 2016
Structures can be built without central pillars. Geodesic structures are structures built with steel members (triangular units) that can distribute the load within the whole structure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by kessiah: 1:58pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ewomazinot:
Hope this structure is strong
Lord, give this person sense
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Airoflaw(m): 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ewomazinot:
Hope this structure is strong
strong enough to collapse
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Alexomania: 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
How e no go collapse. When nah road side construction company(BRICKLAYERS) am. E just be like the road whr ROCHARS
dey build for Imo state
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Airoflaw(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
kessiah:
Lord, give this person sense
I join in ur prayer.lol
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Airoflaw(m): 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2016
wirinet:
Structures can be built without central pillars. Geodesic structures are structures built with steel members (triangular units) that can distribute the load within the whole structure.
in dis case it seems like d weight of d steels are resting on d walls without steel to support it down d walls

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by onatisi(m): 2:26pm On Dec 12, 2016
This building was simply a destruction waiting to happen , stupid ppl just wasting the precious lives of innocent Nigerians .
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by CXLVII: 2:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
shukudi:
enjoy ur folly. All atheist I've been meeting are very intelligent, but ur own case is uniquely different. Ur dumbness is legendary.

Your likes always runaway..... grin grin grin
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by danot1030: 2:47pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

That's what you get when you copy a man without having the depth behind his creativity and when everyone is trying to do something to prove a point when God is not the one instructing it.

What you see their is an attempt to replicate Faith Tabernacle so that someone can have something to brag.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by newyorks(m): 2:50pm On Dec 12, 2016
the problem must be from the welders as u can see that part of the building stood firm. most structures don't require center support most especially circular structures.and again the column design how is it.in civil engineering frame support is enough to carry the weight of imposed load being subjected to it.the design mix too plays a vital role.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 3:02pm On Dec 12, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Thank you sir! Was about saying same thing...we all see these things but dont say anything - especially the experts here spewing thrash! We are all guilty of d mess called Nigeria - one way or the other
gbam, you've said it all

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Icecream4U(m): 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2016
onatisi:
This building was simply a destruction waiting to happen , stupid ppl just wasting the precious lives of innocent Nigerians cretins .
fixed!
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by J4parry(m): 3:25pm On Dec 12, 2016
martineverest:
the bishops were unhurt because they were at d middle

Edge you meant to say cos the middle was the epicentre of the tragedy.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by monlawal(m): 3:30pm On Dec 12, 2016
helovesme:

The soil's load bearing capacity for a structure of that size is very important. It is one of the very first test that should have been carried out before any work commenced on the building site.

Looking at the picture, the soil looks like laterite.

Looking at the picture again, it appears there was a lot of soil excavation before the construction work began.

There is nothing wrong with the design of the building itself. I have seen several far more complex structures. The problem is too much emphasis was placed on the structural roof work without thinking about the load bearing walls/beams/soil.
i have passed thru that church a lot of times because i reside around there, what you said about excavation is very true. The place was sloppy so they had to excavate and grade it to make a level ground for the construction work proper. The pillars too are in fact very thin and initially i thought they were gonna do normal roofing with wood and zinc

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by gameboyo: 3:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

Not my field, wish understanding more. What's d different with winners chapel in ota
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by BornStunner1: 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
gameboyo:

Not my field, wish understanding more. What's d different with winners chapel in ota

Winners chapel in ota does not make use of metal for the beams but a kind of syntentic alloy that is light and can stay without pillars for support!!

Do you understand?

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by bobbybrains(m): 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
I am not a professional on this building stuff but from what I have seen when people build with such roofing system compared to what I am seeing on the picture, it is totally different and unprofessional.

Iron roofs are connected to an iron pillar which are supported by a solid cast foundation before you start even laying blocks.

#from what I am seeing in the pictures, it's really unprofessional and the fault of the so called contractors.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by brenister10: 3:53pm On Dec 12, 2016
lofty900:
If the building hadn't collapsed, would u have noticed this?
Winners chapel doesn't have a pillar in the middle, so I don't think it's design problem. I think it's substandard building materials that caused this mess

Pillars might not be at the middle. But the supporting Pillars at the sides are just to feeble to withstand the heavy load induced by the roof. Though sub-standard building materials is also a cause
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Nobody: 4:00pm On Dec 12, 2016
1stCitizen:
A pillar at the middle would have averted this mishap. The structural engineer should be held accountable

There's no need for pillar in the middle. Does stadiums have pillars in the middle?
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by nedu2000(m): 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2016
1stCitizen:
A pillar at the middle would have averted this mishap. The structural engineer should be held accountable
not necessarily a pillar,in theatres,stadiums and auditoriums,pillars are sources of obstruction for spectators/congregation/fans so are usually not used, however reinforcements (to design)is added. All is about design
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by GreenCap: 4:22pm On Dec 12, 2016
Faith Tabernacle Ota comes to mind;

the president of Living Faith Church worldwide is a wise architect.

i'm not a structural engineer but

designs create room for transient load on bridges and distributed load in stadiums
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Horus(m): 4:34pm On Dec 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBNKq9dsU_k

At least 160 killed in horrifying church collapse in Nigeria
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by micflo28(m): 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
This is not china which is prone to earth tremors that wreck havoc on buildings, why don't our engineers appreciate this fact and save lives by giving quality constructions. Reasons why COREN need to step up there game.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by micflo28(m): 4:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
greenhulk:

There's no need for pillar in the middle. Does stadiums have pillars in the middle?
Stadiums are usually open roof....in this case its roofs were completely coverred making a mid-pillar necessary
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by seedsower(m): 4:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
BornStunner1:

This one dey learn nah, go and see Winners Chapel.
Re: Photos Of Reigners Bible Church Under Construction by Horus(m): 4:45pm On Dec 12, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuE_lPF29fA

Nigeria devastated by church collapse incident

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Nicolas Uagbor: "Daddy Freeze May Die Before Next Year". Freeze Replies / Apostle Johnson Suleman Gifts His Cook Of 10 Years A New House (Photos, Video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Plans To Remarry As Anita Reverts To Maiden Name-ThisDay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.