Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,873 members, 7,980,054 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:53 AM

‘you Don't Need God To Have A Successful Marriage?’ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ‘you Don't Need God To Have A Successful Marriage?’ (381 Views)

There Are 3 Persons I Want God To Punish For Me! / Trust Me When I Say You Don't Need Women (For Vaseline Crew Members Only) / See Reasons You Don't Need A Curvy Girl With Big Ass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘you Don't Need God To Have A Successful Marriage?’ by cuvox(m): 12:57pm On Dec 12, 2016

There are principles to success in every facet of life. Business. Marriage. Career. Spirituality. And when you follow these steps with or without prayer, it'll work for you.
The Bible says: “Can two work together except they agree?” This means two will work together if they agree. Note that the Bible didn't point out two Christians. It says ‘TWO’
Now this applies to marriage, any two people of like minds will make a great marriage whether they know God or not...

The Bible says: “Can two work together except they agree?”
This means two will work together if they agree. Note that the Bible didn't point out two Christians. It says ‘TWO’
Now this applies to marriage, any two people of like minds will make a great marriage whether they know God or not...
“Except they agree”

This clearly brings the need of shared values. Because the possibility of agreeing is based on the similarity of values. Meaning that two atheists can have a successful marriage. God or no God.
The only difference is that two non religious people cannot have a ‘Godly’ marriage. Because they don't believe in God, but successful and peaceful?
Yes!
Now, does everything work out because of God?
No!
Marriages don't work out because of God. You see, no matter how spirit filled you are, no matter how prayerful you are, if you marry someone of opposing values, it will crash.
God will lead you to the right person, even with that, it doesn't guarantee your marital success.
You must have human relationship skills, you must be emotionally intelligent, you must be mature.

Because God gave you the right person doesn't mean it'll just work out. You must be skilled.
If 10 million dollars is given to some folks, they'd mismanage it before next week. They were given the right resources, but wrong attitude destroyed it.
In that light, with the right person, it's possible to destroy a God given relationship out of wrong attitude.
It's not God that makes it work or not. He gives you raw materials and expects you to make out the finished product.
If you believe that every failed marriage isn't caused by God. Why would you doubt it that marriages work because of us?

In God's word, he clearly said that he's given us life and EVERYTHING, I mean every darn thing that pertains to life. That means God has played his part. He is done with every man, you just become what you make out of what he's given you.
Conclusively, this isn't a post to undermine the power of acknowledging God. Yea, God works, but this post is to make us more responsible for our lives. God has given us so much yet we trouble him so much.
Christians get married and divorce even with the one they so called “God’s will”

Sometimes actually these folks were God's will for them, the right person for them but they lacked the right attitude, they mismanaged it. So no marriage success is all because of GOD. In fact no success in life is all because of God.
We have a part to play, if not most times. Just follow principles and you'll have miracles.
I know a lot of folks will criticise this sha. But my point has been made to the open minded folks.

Written by Solomon Buchi Bartholomew Life Coach/Motivational Speaker
Re: ‘you Don't Need God To Have A Successful Marriage?’ by cuvox(m): 12:59pm On Dec 12, 2016
source : https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=991409717630056&id=100002831124159&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.991409717630056%3Atl_objid.991409717630056%3Athid.100002831124159%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1483257599%3A7920325968367456062&__tn__=%2As
Re: ‘you Don't Need God To Have A Successful Marriage?’ by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2016
cuvox:

Written by
Solomon Buchi Bartholomew
Life Coach/Motivational Speaker

Am happy abt wat u wrote at d end ..Life coach/motivational speaker, derfore u are not speaking under d influence of the Holy Spirit but ur own opinion. If we follow any1 opinion of the bible, our mansion in hell wld,av bin ready. If u want to write ur opinion stop quoting d bible to support ur ridiculous claims . experienced investment bankers wld say buy bonds invest ur money while Christians are,encouraged to invest in the poor and promotion of God kingdom on earth dat dosent make sense to a normal human beings but practising Christians are reaping heavily from it.
Re: ‘you Don't Need God To Have A Successful Marriage?’ by Splinz(m): 7:31pm On Dec 12, 2016
Do not think that because you've quoted scriptures, then your opinion is biblical backed.

Yours on this subject is simply a subjective one, because I don't agree with you. Of course, I respect your opinion.

(1) (Reply)

All I Want For Christmas Is You / Career advice is needed please / Prayerfully Control Your Sexual Urge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.