Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,134 members, 7,907,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 12:13 AM

We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. (795 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan Mobbed By Nigerians At London Resturant / FG Moves To Secure List Of Properties Owned By Nigerians In Dubai / Jonathan We Are Sorry. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by 2Legit2Qui: 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2009
We sure lied!

We stay far away, wanting to have nothing to do with Nigeria, yet we criticise as if we know everything.

We lied because, it only takes you to spend time in Nigeria and you will know that what we write about are actually falacies.

We lied because we always think noone can make it legitimately in Nigeria, but this is not the truth, millions make it without stealing or bribing their way thru'

We lied because we always look at our confort position abroad and throw tantrums at people back home, meanwhile, these people back home are making a living despite what we think is bad, if they can make it in such "bad" conditions, what will they become when things are good?

We lied because we want everyone to think we are in paradise, yet we are not, we are suffering what people worldwide suffer, we lied because we are not in paradise.

We lied when we make people at home beleive because we have another man's country's citizenship, we are now better than them, we lied because there is no big deal in that.

We lied when we become swollen headed because we shop in ASDA, TESCO, SAINSBURY'S, SAFEWAY etc whereas in Nigeria w shop in Tejuosho market, Idumota etc, we lied because there is no big deal in that.

We lied when we refuse to tell people that we suffer the flu, we lied when we want people to think it is only in Nigeria that you can get sick with malaria.

We lied when we dont tell the truth about our lifestyle abroad.

we lied, we lie, we lied.
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by Epiphany(m): 4:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
WE did not lie. If you are the one that lied, personlize it and dont generalize. There are many of us who do not conform to your diatribe
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by sjeezy8: 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
Lol who lied?

I am enjoying yankee
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by nduchucks: 4:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
hehehehehe

May I hereby postulate that the thread starter has more than a cursory relationship with someone in diaspora and that he/she, in fact, lives in diaspora her/himself

This thread is more than likely an epitome of gross self deprecation, in an attempt to cover up pschological damages of sorts, dementia and/or frustration that could be caused by residency in diaspora.

if dis person dey for naija with us and if dis person get small sense, him for know say na de kind division wey the thieving leaders dey hope for; him dey exhibit for here.  if people wey dey diaspora and those of us wey dey for naija, no fit team up against those bad leaders, dem go continue to dey rape and steal at will.

2legit2Qui handle na de kind word wey common for ghettos for US and UK.   if my postulation wrong, make him come prove me wrong.

Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by Beaf: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ndu_chucks

Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by 2Legit2Qui: 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2009
Ndu_Chucks

You remind me of my three year old son.
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by REALTRUTH1: 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

Ndu_Chucks

I have a feeling something is just not right with the poster,,,,I have gone through ur other posts,,,and I think U have only exhibited certain levels of dementia and schizophrenia,,,,,,
What U re manifesting is not an obsession against those in diaspora,,,,its something that can ultimately result to Multiple sclerosis,,,,therefore, U might want to consult a Doctor b4 it gets worst than this,,,,
Please do not take this as if U re been abused,,,,am giving you a very tough and strong advice,
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by 2Legit2Qui: 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2009
@REAL TRUTH.

YOU MAY HAVE TO SAY THAT TO YOUR PARENTS - THEY SUFFER JUST WHAT YOU DESCRIBED. PLS DONT TAKE THAT AS AN ABUSE!
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by FUNMZIE(f): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
shocked
If really U lied, U are 4given, afterall most Nigerians are liars. It's like a liar begging a liar for forgiveness for lyinig: birds of a feather, flock together 'in this forum'
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by freeview(f): 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
Im really enjoying my base to when i was in naija grin
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by SapeleGuy: 1:33am On Nov 14, 2009
Yes, they lied. they lied about using diesel to provide electricity and they lied about using borehole but as you said that's no big deal.

una wan kill person with laff
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by dinggle: 1:42am On Nov 14, 2009
2legit2quit is home base trying to frame Nigerians in Diaspora!, pls dont be fooled by the disgruntled deportee.
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by OAM4J: 1:57am On Nov 14, 2009
dinggle:

2legit2quit is home base trying to frame Nigerians in Diaspora!, pls dont be fooled by the disgruntled deportee.

I laugh in Nairaland grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by texazzpete(m): 7:04am On Nov 14, 2009
Nigeria NEEDS people in Diaspora. How the hell else are we going to get the knowledge transfer we need to bring this country to the jet age?

2Legit2Qui:

Ndu_Chucks

I sincerely hope your son inherited his intelligence from your wife.
While other developed countries even take votes from their citizens living abroad, envious and bitter Nigerians like yourself are making these stupid generalizations.
Shebi Chinua Achebe sef na diasporian? Kindly call him up and direct these accusations to him grin
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by back2back(f): 10:08am On Nov 14, 2009
We lied because we want everyone to think we are in paradise, yet we are not, we are suffering what people worldwide suffer, we lied because we are not in paradise.

This is TRUE. Whenever I visit, I see these Nigerians in disapora and I pity them!!!
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by sleekp1: 5:33pm On Nov 14, 2009
I returned from Nigeria yesterday 13th Nov and I can advice you toilet cleaners from Pecham to go back home.
Re: We Are Sorry, We Lied: By Nigerians In Diaspora. by rhymz(m): 7:25pm On Nov 14, 2009
This is so so funny! In as much as I do not totally agree with all that the poster has said,I must confess most of what he said is painfully true,a majority of diasporaens are not gainfully employed and have no business being there,most of em are not even skilled in anything,when U ask them what they intend to do when they get there,all they say is "hussle" and that word in reality could mean many things of which crime is majorely the implication.A majority of these guyz live borrowed lives,most of em are illegal immigrants and so can't get any good job even if they are skilled,I ve an Uncle who is an apt example of these facts,shortly after he left Law sch,he travelled to canada to stay with his brother who is also a practising lawyer there,the intention was that the elder brother was going to help him get the needed documents but few months after they lived together they had an altercation,and he had to move out of his elder brother's house.He moved in with a friend and had to get a job,the problem here is that he is not a legit,his friend managed to get him a factory job as a labourer and going 2yrz now he's still struggling coz his earnings and spendings take a round loop shape,U work,earn and pay billz,that's how the circle goes.That's the reality of most of the Diaspora,4get the big grammar they blow here,it's not all rosy as they try to paint it all the time,only a privileged few are actually doing well per se and beliv me U don't wanna hear their story before their present situation.I believe if my Uncle had stayed back here and practised,he would ve been doing way better than he is doing right now.
However,that doesn't mean it's a bad thing in itself or that the Diaspora is not doing well,infact,they are doing so well especially with the money they send back home,I am a beneficiary of that,it's just that most times on NL,Diasporaens here tend to want to give Us an exaggerated picture of life there,one will think it's all rosy rosy no stress and an eldorado.

(1) (Reply)

Our Presido Is A Walking Corspse He Needs Spiritual Help.(with Photos) / The Ndi Igbo Question In Nigerian Politics / Heat Wave Threatens Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.