Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,917 members, 7,879,809 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 07:25 AM

Nigerian Youngster Stephen Worgu Sentenced To 40 Lashes - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigerian Youngster Stephen Worgu Sentenced To 40 Lashes (772 Views)

Imagine!!..fan Lashes Out Nigerian Gay Activist{pic} / A Question 4 D Youth 4rm 19 To 40 / Photos:millionaire Youngster Post Pictures Of His Ritual Shrine, Bulk Of Dollars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Youngster Stephen Worgu Sentenced To 40 Lashes by amedino(m): 4:50pm On Nov 13, 2009
The promising striker has been convicted of drunk driving,

Nov 13, 2009 1:58:52 PM

According to several reports from Sudan, Nigerian attacker Stephen Worgu has been sentenced to 40 lashes with a karwats after being convicted of drunk driving in Khartoum.

However, the youngster said he is innocent and determined to win an appeal against the sentence. Worgu signed a multi-million dollar contact with Omdurman club Al Merreikh last year.

"I am not guilty of this crime. I can't imagine myself being flogged," Worgu said to local reporters.

"I was trying to make myself heard to the judge and said the policeman didn't make any medical tests or so. He didn't find me with any alcoholic beverages either."

The 20-year-old Worgu was fined in Khartoum East court on Tuesday but the flogging was delayed pending his appeal.

Re: Nigerian Youngster Stephen Worgu Sentenced To 40 Lashes by mrperfect(m): 6:18pm On Nov 13, 2009
If not that he a star a 40 Lashes would have done without notice.
Re: Nigerian Youngster Stephen Worgu Sentenced To 40 Lashes by IYANGBALI: 8:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
mrperfect:

If not that he a star a 40 Lashes would have done without notice.
star my foot star ko gulder ni,abeg flog the guy jo.
Re: Nigerian Youngster Stephen Worgu Sentenced To 40 Lashes by Abuzola(m): 11:52pm On Nov 13, 2009
Next time he should obey the law, no one is above the law, he should be flog very well like the poor, no distinction between rich and poor should be shown

(1) (Reply)

Post Your New Year Resolution Here! / Morning Teaser / 2day Is My Love Buffday, Come In And Join Me Wish Him All De Best!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.