Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,315 members, 7,891,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 12:59 PM

Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them (20397 Views)

Man Caught Defiling A 15-Year-Old Girl In Lagos, Says We Have Enjoyed Ourselves / Lazarus Terrorising Edo State Arrested By Police Says "I Only Killed One Person" / Kidnapper Evans' Wife, Uchenna Onwuamadike Cries & Begs Nigerians (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by babashiko(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
Former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has urged Nigerians especially well- to-do individuals to support Police in tackling crimes, saying , the police are facing a difficult task.
The former president said this on Monday during the maiden meeting of the Ogun State chapter of the Eminent Peoples’ Forum, and the launching of Police Complaint Rapid Response Unit and Change Begins with Me campaign, held in Abeokuta .
According to Obasanjo for Nigeria Police to turn a new leaf and make the ‘Change Begins With Me’ campaign successful, the general public must join the Police in making sure that they give them timely information to nip crime in the bud, and report misdemeanour of its personnel to the dedicated telephone numbers for the campaign.
Obasanjo who described EPF as a good initiative from the current Inspector-General of the Police, Ibrahim Idris, said policing was a collective responsibility of everyone in the society.
Obasanjo
He said, “This initiative is a very good one. The work of policing our community, local government, state and country is not the work of the police alone, it is for all of us.
“Let us all engage in helping the police to police our communities. Police have a very difficult task.
“If you want to go and get married and need security, you call the police, if your house is broken into, you call the police, if you have a quarrel with your wife, you call the police.”
In his remarks, the state Commissioner of Police, Ahmed Iliyasu, said the EPF comprised critical stakeholders such as community leaders, religious leaders, traditional rulers, elder statesmen, retired senior security officers, captains of industries as well as politicians.
He also said EPF “is the brain child of the Inspector- General of Police, arguing that “the orthodox concepts which regards security as the exclusive preserve of the police and security agencies has become obsolete and moribund.”
The Commissioner of Police said they would assist the police in proffering solutions to security challenges through mediation and social control in their communities.
Iliyasu, who said there could not bé meaningful development without security, noted that the intiative would rid the country of crime and criminality.
The state governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Taiwo Adeoluwa called on the police authorities in the state to continue to tackle the nagging issues of kidnapping and land grabbing by ‘omo onile.’
Amosun said his administration had reduced crime and criminality in the state by providing equipment to the police, however admitting that ‘there are still issues.’

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/obasanjo-begs-nigerians-help-police-says-quarrel-wife-call-police/

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Sleekydee(m): 7:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
Same police that wee say no fuel in dier vehicle(wen I call dt thieves re in my compound), that can't I run away....thank u sir

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by veekid(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2016

call who? Those useless bomboclat?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by emmaak2(m): 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
Everyone should be careful during this festive
season,I don't usually share this kind of stories
but this happened before my eyes
Yesterday at about 3pm my Neighbour called an
aboki (shoemaker) to fix her slippers,she allowed
him stay in the compound while she went back
inside to continue with what she was doing ,while
he was fixing her slippers,he added something
inside before stitching it but unfortunately for him
the landlord was upstairs watching the aboki
without the aboki's knowledge....when he was
done he called her to come take her slippers that
he had finished stitching it,she came out of her
apartment and the aboki asked her to wear it
,immediately our landlord screamed from upstairs
"don't put your leg in that slippers.
He rushed down and demanded that the aboki
should wear the slippers first but the aboki
refused ,one thing led to other and the whole
compound was alerted including myself.
We literally had to use force for him to wear the
slippers and immediately he placed his leg my
friend guess what.......
The slippers just cut because the aboki no sew
am well
Have a lovely festive period

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by LugarT: 8:34pm On Dec 12, 2016
A whole Obasanjo is begging us to call police, this man is telling us about his escapades as a shoe shiner. The thunder on that shoe is doing swearing in...

emmaak2:

but this happened before my eyes
Yesterday at about 3pm my Neighbour called an
aboki (shoemaker) to fix her slippers,she allowed
him stay in the compound while she went back
inside to continue with what she was doing ,while
he was fixing her slippers,he added something
inside before stitching it but unfortunately for him
the landlord was upstairs watching the aboki
without the aboki's knowledge....when he was
done he called her to come take her slippers that
he had finished stitching it,she came out of her
apartment and the aboki asked her to wear it
,immediately our landlord screamed from upstairs
"don't put your leg in that slippers.
He rushed down and demanded that the aboki
should wear the slippers first but the aboki
refused ,one thing led to other and the whole
compound was alerted including myself.
We literally had to use force for him to wear the
slippers and immediately he placed his leg my
friend guess what.......
The slippers just cut because the aboki no sew
am well

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Martinola(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
ok sir...buh instead of calling d Nigeria police, i will rather call my neighbour's dog....#nooffence

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Adegokenath(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
Baba may u live longer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by 4nobody4every1: 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
During his presidency, how much reform and support did he canvass and provide to the police force

7 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by gabazin080(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
i dont know who spit more trash this days btw this man and shoyinka

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by ekems2017(f): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tell your boy Buhari to give us state police.

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by seunny4lif(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
Jesu
Blood of Satan grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by gabazin080(m): 8:35pm On Dec 12, 2016
see who is talking. this man no dey shame at all
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
The police in my area are on the road this evening and every other evening collecting #100 from bus drivers, on the order of the DPO, meteeeeew

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by legendte(m): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Swahili0(f): 8:36pm On Dec 12, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by justicejay(m): 8:37pm On Dec 12, 2016
It should be vice vassal.
Plead to the police to start being our real friend and start helping us not complicating our problem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Cinho7: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2016
They are criminals
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by bigFOOTcaveMAN(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
The Pioneer and Pillar of CORRUPTION in National Assembly in particular and the whole Nigeria in general!
Cthief Olisegun Obasnjo ... impunity & treachery personified angry sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by jchuchu(m): 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
Why
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by korel9: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2016
Tell me something

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Senseno: 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2016
I have never tried that shit
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by celestialAgent(m): 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Sansanja: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
Police is our friend
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Dare2Try(m): 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2016
Did OBJ ( baba iyabo) said I should help the licence criminals? Nah oga ade this campaign is dead on arrival

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
Ok
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by ripbubu: 8:42pm On Dec 12, 2016
How many people can buhari kill in Nigeria before he dies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by ycmdng(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2016
emmaak2:

but...
why do you now decide to be a carrier of bad news? You must have got it from a whatsapp broadcast.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by ripbubu: 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
The ss and se hates apc.. .so buhari be ready to die if you force evil apc on us

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by Generalyemi(m): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
rubbish
Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by AkinPhysicist: 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
cool Obasanjo has spoken well. But, State Police is what we want. Let EVERY state government staff, fund, and control its own police force. Its easy to be corrupt when you don't even know the people you are suppose to protect and serve. Nigerians are just postponing the inevitable. Keep sweeping your problems underneath the carpet - it will eventually come to bite you in the a$$. cool

5 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Begs Nigerians To Help Police, Says We All Call Them by fratermathy(m): 8:45pm On Dec 12, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ngozi Olojeme Declared Wanted By EFCC Over $48m Fraud / Opc Leader Dies Of Gun Shot Wounds As Bullet-proof Charm Fails / Gunmen Kill Bank Worker In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.