Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,258 members, 7,967,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 12:37 AM

Another Hero Of Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Another Hero Of Christmas (326 Views)

Fun Pictures Of Christmas Celebration In Anambra / Muslim Woman Decorates Pastor’s House Ahead Of Christmas In Kaduna. Photo / "The Root Of Christmas Is Demonic" - Pastor Olukoya Of MFM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Hero Of Christmas by VLadipo: 1:32am On Dec 13, 2016
For most of my life, I missed the importance of Joseph in the Christmas story. But after I became a husband and father myself, I had a greater appreciation for Joseph’s tender character. Even before he knew how Mary had become pregnant, he decided that he wasn’t going to embarrass or punish her for what seemed to be infidelity (Matthew 1:19).
I marvel at his obedience and humility, as he not only did what the angel told him (v.24) but also refrained from physical intimacy with Mary until after Jesus was born (v.25). Later we learn that Joseph was willing to flee his home to protect Jesus (2:13-23).
Imagine the pressure Joseph and Mary must have felt when they learned that Jesus would be theirs to raise and nurture! Imagine the complexity and pressure of having the Son of God living with you every moment of every day; a constant call to holiness by His very presence. What a man Joseph must have been to be trusted by God for this task! What a wonderful example for us to follow, whether we’re raising our own children or those born to others who are now entrusted to us.
May God grant us the strength to be faithful like Joseph, even if we don’t fully understand God’s plan. – Randy Kilgore
We know, Father, that Your wisdom is far above our limited understanding. We thank You that we can rely on You to carry out Your good plans for us. You are worthy of our faithfulness.
The secret of true service is absolute faithfulness wherever God places you.

Source for Full Version: http://www.dailydevotionalsonline.com/devdetails.php?devotional=ourdailybread&&id=2298

(1) (Reply)

DCLM Daily Manna December 13, 2016 By Pastor Kumuyi / OPEN HEAVEN Devotional(tue. 20/12/2016) / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(tue. 27/12/2016)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.