Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,819 members, 7,938,410 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 04:15 AM

Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? (5986 Views)

The Problem Of Inter-ethnic Marriage. / How Do Inter-ethnic Couples Deal With Ethnicity? / New Relationship! Inter- Racial! Want To Make It Work: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrCork17: 6:15pm On Dec 19, 2011
**black women just hatin simply becoz they aint gots real hair undecided **

1 Like

Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 6:18pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mr, Cork:

Black/ Nigerian women really need Jesus.  4real.  All becoz they dont have real hair, they are hatin!  cry

You are trying too hard boo boo. Take a nap.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I don't know what Black Americans you have been talking to but many Black Americans who doesn't have white, Asian, nor Hispanic parents doesn't call themselves "mixed" however many biracial Americans will call themselves mixed.  Let us not confused the two. 

Well, I don't know about the obsession with the horn of Africa but I do know that many non-Americans refer Black Americans as mixed or diluted Africans. 
The biracials are mixed. I've got that. The ones who are calling themselves mixed, are the ones we all know as black. But their reasoning is the 13% white blood and indian blood, that they inherited resulting from the slave times. As I've said before I've seen this statement being written on many black blogs. I personally haven't met a black American.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

I am by no means saying I am for interracial dating because that isn't my cup of tea HOWEVER, you contradicted yourself when you said how can someone not be attracted to someone from their group but attracted to someone from another group?  

If you are attracted to someone from your OWN GROUP and not attracted to someone from another group isn't that PREFERENCE?  

Eiregirl is talking about people having the right to married and date whomever they chooses and I am talking about people having preferences in what they are looking for in a mate i.e. cultural ties or same background etc.  Two different things.  

I know you are talking to Zols but I felt the shots coming my way to so allow me to give you credit, yes it you do have a point. I do have a thing for dark skin men because i love MY dark skin and i find us to be a match physically. I do have a thing for a certain body type HOWEVER if a caramel brother came to me with the right approach and we have just about all in common i would definitely bag that!! grin I'm not prejudiced to the point where i would NEVER date lighter skinned men. No no, having a "preference" for a look is different from saying i REFUSE/ REJECT anything other than what i fancy. Some folks mistakenly mix the two and they are not the same.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 6:24pm On Dec 19, 2011
MsDarkSkin:

I know you are talking to Zols but I felt the shots coming my way to so allow me to give you credit, yes it you do have a point. I do have a thing for dark skin men because i love MY dark skin and i find us to be a match physically. I do have a thing for a certain body type HOWEVER if a caramel brother came to me with the right approach and we have just about all in common i would definitely bag that!! grin I'm not prejudiced to the point where i would NEVER date lighter skinned men. No no, having a "preference" for a look is different from saying i REFUSE/ REJECT anything other than what i fancy.

We are saying the same thing with different packaging.   undecided
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 6:29pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Well, I don't know about the obsession with the horn of Africa
It's there. Read blogs on African beauty and you'd think that Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea were the only countries in Africa. Black American women asking if they pass for Ethiopian.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 6:30pm On Dec 19, 2011
zolzlolz:

It's there. Read blogs on African beauty and you'd think that Ethiopia, Somalia and Eritrea were the only countries in Africa. Black American women asking if they pass for Ethiopian.

Okay. The blog doesn't represent the mindset of many Black Americans collectively just like Nairaland doesn't represent the mindset of many Nigerians.

We just have to take it with a grain of salt and I do not know why those Black Americans you have read think they are from horn of Africa. It is not important to me.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Okay. The blog doesn't represent the mindset of many Black Americans collectively just like Nairaland doesn't represent the mindset of many Nigerians.

We just have to take it with a grain of salt and I do not know why those Black Americans you have read think they are from horn of Africa. It is not important to me.
I understand what you're saying, but this mindset is prevalent on the blogS, not blog, that I've read.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrCork17: 6:49pm On Dec 19, 2011
Zorolof. Thank God u r white! wink
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 6:51pm On Dec 19, 2011
zolzlolz:

I understand what you're saying, but this mindset is prevalent on the blogS, not blog, that I've read.

Gotcha.

Mr, Cork:

Zorolof. Thank God u r white! wink
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 7:13pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mr Chima, I wasn't downing YOU when I was talking about the 'preference' story. I agree with what you said. I just wanted to know why someone would have a preference to someone of a different race group ONLY?! To me that's strange. That doesn't mean someone can't explain it to me. (THE QUESTION IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU)
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 8:23pm On Dec 19, 2011
zolzlolz:

Mr Chima, I wasn't downing YOU when I was talking about the 'preference' story. I agree with what you said. I just wanted to know why someone would have a preference to someone of a different race group ONLY?! To me that's strange. That doesn't mean someone can't explain it to me. (THE QUESTION IS NOT DIRECTED AT YOU)

Oh no!  It must be a misunderstanding on our parts.  I know you weren't downing me per se but I just didn't want you to confuse my comments with Eiregirl's comments that is why I stated that Eiregirl and I were talking about two separate things. It is okay.   kiss

Yes, that why I replied to one of your comments that self racism is real and people will tell you that it isn't real.  Mr. Cork is an example of self racist.   lipsrsealed
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 8:38pm On Dec 19, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Mr. Cork is an example of self racist.   lipsrsealed
true dat
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Eiregirl(f): 11:50pm On Dec 19, 2011
MzDarkSkin where did I state that I skipped over "my own kind" without a second thought So you think I hate myself because I married outside of my race? Why do you keep referring to "your own kind" Are we not all people just different colours?

Mrs. Chima where did I mention the right to marry or date whomever we choose? I have a preference, just like you do! I don't understand why you, MzDarkSkin & Zolzolz are so worried about other peoples preferences or choices. Why does it bother you people so much?

Zolzolz what the hell does my hair have to do with anything?? How do you know I have straight hair? My hubby loves stroking my hair by the way.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Yorisb: 11:55pm On Dec 19, 2011
Eiregirl:

MzDarkSkin where did I state that I skipped over "my own kind" without a second thought So you think I hate myself because I married outside of my race? Why do you keep referring to "your own kind" Are we not all people just different colours?

Mrs. Chima where did I mention the right to marry or date whomever we choose? I have a preference, just like you do! I don't understand why you, MzDarkSkin & Zolzolz are so worried about other peoples preferences or choices. Why does it bother you people so much?

Zolzolz what the hell does my hair have to do with anything?? How do you know I have straight hair? [size=18pt]My hubby loves stroking my hair by the way.[/size]

Hmm. . .Some peeps sure ain't gonna like this oo! grin

Uhm whatever jorr. . .eat your hearts out pipo!
tongue

1 Like

Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 2:00am On Dec 20, 2011
Eiregirl:

Mrs. Chima where did I mention the right to marry or date whomever we choose? I have a preference, just like you do! I don't understand why you[b], MzDarkSkin & Zolzolz are so worried about other peoples preferences or choices. Why does it bother you people so much?[/b]

So now you are saying people shouldn't date or marry whomever they want?   

I can't speak for Ms. Darkskin and Zoldoft, but I SAID NOTHING ABOUT YOU CAN'T have a preference  so WTF are you talking about?   

I don't give a Bleep about you preferring black men and that is on you. I am talking about black men and Mr. Cork downing their group to make their lap dogs look good. Does that offend YOU?

JUST ASKING.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by tpia5: 2:46am On Dec 20, 2011
chai!!!!

so this is what black women who prefer white men or non black men are enjoying.

running fingers through hair and such.

that's how one nigerian girl was going on and on about her somalian boyfriend's hair some years back.

oh, i run my fingers through it, its so this its so that, etc etc.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Ranoscky(m): 2:57am On Dec 20, 2011
Blame it on the Americans. They are the cause why such issue is being brought up.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by tpia5: 3:08am On Dec 20, 2011

oh la la

love the hair.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Jenifa1: 3:13am On Dec 20, 2011
Is there a problem with marrying whomever?
Are all men & women created equal so it(color, race, gender, [insert yours here]) shouldn't matter?

how do you define marriage?
some see it as a union between just two people. some see it as a union between extended families.  others see it as impinging on the community as a whole.

Practicing Jews, for example, are generally against intermarriage.
same with other groups that have strict marriage rules. Indians and other Asians come to mind where parents pick for their children sometimes.
and these groups are the most successful minority races/groups in western countries.

And when it comes to class, that's another issue. with the rich preferring to inter-marry with the rich etc.

I'll think these exclusivity "rules" have some validity to them.
too much intermarriage dilutes the culture norms. and eventually, with enough intermarriage, the group/race etc ceases to exist.
i guess it's all about preservation. especially if you have something valuable or "worthwhile" to preserve.

1 Like

Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 3:59am On Dec 20, 2011
LMAO@Tpia  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just had a visual! 

Zoldoft, are you an American?
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 8:27am On Dec 20, 2011
Mrs Chima are you calling daft? Are we gonna start something?
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 8:48am On Dec 20, 2011
Eiregirl:

I don't understand why you, MzDarkSkin & Zolzolz are so worried about other peoples preferences or choices. Why does it bother you people so much?
When a black person 'prefers' to date people from another race exclusively, that for me is a cause for concern. Given that blacks have been conditioned to hate their appearance, and blacks are now self conditioning themselves to hate their appearance, many self hating blacks will correct their problem, and one of the ways is to marry interracially, OK! Unfortunately this is very prevalent. I told you there've been people already who've said that mixed children are more beautiful. Then I asked you what does that tell you about their self image. You were meant to think about that.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by zolzlolz(f): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2011
Eiregirl:

Zolzolz what the hell does my hair have to do with anything??
I had written about self hating black men, and I used Mr Cork's comments as a reference. Then I made a sarcastic quip about your husband. You didn't get it. Ok. LET'S MOVE ON!
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 6:39pm On Dec 20, 2011
zolzlolz:

Mrs Chima are you calling daft? Are we gonna start something?

I misspelled your name.  My apologies.   kiss   I will just call you Zolz for short from now on. 

Trust me, I have misspelled many names.   grin Ask Koyoke, Ugendo, Mr. Cork, Oguga, and R3y.
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by 195(f): 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2011
Zorozo is awake cheesy
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 26, 2011
lol @ snappia. grin

Eiregirl:

Get the construction cone out of your azz. Seriously. You were the one who had an issue with my opinion. I never addressed you. Didn't even look at your username ONCE prior this thread so please do know your life is no concern of mine, and explaining myself to you is definitely NOT a priority. Believe it. "My kind" means my ethnic group, my race. Instead of playing "all in the rainbow" let's stick to the fact, and the fact is 'different strokes for different folks' and that there is a difference between attraction and self hatred. It's not about YOU.

I don't understand why you, MzDarkSkin & Zolzolz are so worried about other peoples preferences or choices. Why does it bother you people so much?

LOL!! this is the issue RIGHT HERE!! people like YOU have this chip on your shoulder where you claim to do it for love but yet have to answer to and challenge those who do not date I.R. I mean seriously! if you are content and doing it for love then you would not see a problem with what i am saying. Plain and simple.

My hubby loves stroking my hair by the way.

and i love petting MY puppy too!  grin grin It's very relaxing!!  wink

1 Like

Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 1:53am On Dec 27, 2011
Eiregirl and Mizzdarkskin make una put on una boxgloves and start boxing jor grin grin
i will be the manager of both of u grin
ROUND 1
Million dollar baby(Eiregirl) Vs lucious Laila Ali(Mzzdarskin)
oya bell don ring grin
gbagam! gbagam!!
oya commence the boxing grin grin
Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by MrsChima1(f): 2:55am On Dec 27, 2011
Still LMAO@Tpia weeks later  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just had a vivid image of Tpia saying it too!   grin grin grin grin grin grin

[quote author=MsDarkSkin link=topic=35178.msg9839446#msg9839446 date=1324929704

and i love petting MY puppy too!  grin grin It's very relaxing!!  wink

Irish Pug?  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed   (trying not to laugh)

1 Like

Re: Inter-racial/inter-ethnic Marriage Is It Wrong? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2011
^^ more link irish RUNT. tongue cheesy cheesy
fugly as hell but it has nice hair fur, so i guess that
automatically makes it attractive cute tongue lipsrsealed

lefulefu:

Eiregirl and Mizzdarkskin make una put on una boxgloves and start boxing jor grin grin
i will be the manager of both of u grin
ROUND 1
Million dollar baby(Eiregirl) Vs lucious Laila Ali(Mzzdarskin)
oya bell don ring grin
gbagam! gbagam!!
oya commence the boxing grin grin

Lefool, look @ my name. Abeg show me where it says MIZZ or MZZ gademit! angry angry grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Knew It Was Over When / Should I Forget My "fiance"? / My worst nightmare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.