Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,966 members, 7,873,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization (6357 Views)

Interrogate Buhari Over Non Budget Implementation, Dogara Asks Nigerians / Fayose Asks FG: How Can You Discuss Ceasefire With ‘defeated’ Boko Haram? / FG Approves Privatization Of Afam Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by truthspeaks: 11:20am On Dec 14, 2016
Go jail am na. Wen Nnaji came, things improved till d Nepa staff n powerful men in govt chased him away. So wat dd he do exactly? Is he ur rocket science minister?
Tojuslii:

Bart nnaji should be jailed
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by bigpicture001: 11:31am On Dec 14, 2016
masseratti:
amazing so Because tinubu didn't not participate in power sector thats why it didn't work? Enlightened me more.
...go further down on the front page stories of nairaland and read why DISCOS dnt función well.it wz well detailed with lots of facts yestadau evening
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 14, 2016
Gbam!
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by Originalsly: 11:33am On Dec 14, 2016
Hmmm....I wonder why we are complaining when we were the ones shouting privatization is the way to go.... welcomed development.... we'll have 24/7 electricity? Is privatization of such a utility a bad thing?....is it done in developed countries?....yes it is..... but with a lot of government conditions, control and oversight... including price control. What were the conditions for our privatization? ... none.
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by masseratti: 11:39am On Dec 14, 2016
bigpicture001:
...go further down on the front page stories of nairaland and read why DISCOS dnt función well.it wz well detailed with lots of facts yestadau evening
a link to the story might be helpful, thanks.
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by aboveu(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2016
So what next now?
To go back to PHCN?
For me it's worst now. May be now that fight against corruption is Paramount to this Government, it might be better if handle by Government.
So collect it Buhari pls.
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by Afonjas: 11:49am On Dec 14, 2016
Atiku2019:
I'm Observing............

ur mission don fail

Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by EdCure: 12:08pm On Dec 14, 2016
Pavore9:
The concept of estimated bill is exploitative.
And the DISCOs are benefitiing stupendously from it.
That's why they will NEVER give you the pre-paid meter...no matter how much you pay for it.

3 Likes

Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by MONITZ: 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
gergemam:
SOLUTION: Cut-off Grid... each state should generate and distribute her own electricity...

enough of GENCO's, TCN, and DISCO's

They won't buy into this ur idea because some parts of the country would feel that other parts will be light years ahead of them in terms of development if this idea is allowed to sail thru, they would rather want everybody yoked together so that individual state's development can hindered.

Lagos state tried sth similar with her Enron power project and we knew how the project was frustrated by O. B. J until finally it kaputed.
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by kedeojo(m): 12:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
WinningSun:

politicians hijacked it from him.
you will always defend incompetence just that is your tribal man. You just tell us how his incompetence. Against the ethics, he fraudulently used one of his company to bid for contract and when caught he was fired. A professor for that matter who couldn't do d right thing just that he was corrupt. The honourable thing he needed to do is to resign if things are not done properly as u want us to believe that politician hijacked d process and that was thesame line Okonjo Iweala took too.
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by makoota: 12:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
This was the first sector I was expecting president to probe. PHCN is the hub of corruption in nigeria.
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by refreshrate: 1:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
FG should review FG abeg
If only Obama can come and take over Nigeria after handing over next year
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by Amalaaba: 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by gergemam: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
MONITZ:

They won't buy into this ur idea because some parts of the country would feel that other parts will be light years ahead of them in terms of development if this idea is allowed to sail thru, they would rather want everybody yoked together so that individual state's development can hindered.

Lagos state tried sth similar with her Enron power project and we knew how the project was frustrated by O. B. J until finally it kaputed.

Nigeria is her own problem to be sincere, if redemption camp, canaanland, dangote cement, among others can generate it's own electricity why not can NIGERIA a nation follow suits... We have rulers and not leaders
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by Slimpotter(m): 5:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
slurryeye:
Like I always say, Democracy is not for Africa and Nigeria in particular

Someone should inform me when power gets better in 2046
I can c ure sumone who's reasoned....democracy is a waste of tym...we Africans nid sharp and disciplined system of government
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by MONITZ: 6:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
gergemam:

Nigeria is her own problem to be sincere, if redemption camp, canaanland, dangote cement, among others can generate it's own electricity why not can NIGERIA a nation follow suits... We have rulers and not leaders

it's a pity, we re not just ready to develop.Wen we re ready, we shall know. It's even funny that e
if u re able to generate the power, then the distribution becomes another bottle neck as it will need to also pass thru the national grid for distribution and u won't even ve a say in how it is distributed.. So who would want to be cheated ??

Lagos and Rivers states' governments that tried to generate in the past were made to pass thru this national grid palaver while other states that didn't generate a wat of power benefit from the crazy arrangement.
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by sleepyeyez(m): 7:38pm On Dec 14, 2016
truthspeaks:
Govt still owns TCN, n u knw anythn Govt doesn't wrk. Forex is affecting gas supply to Gencos n u knw how much inconsistent d Forex policies have bn, Discos can't access loans especially wen it comes wit outrageous interest but ur Govt subsidies pilgrimage travels dat doesn't contribute anythn to d economy. So tel me how d sector wld work if Govt keeps misplacing its priorities

*singing*
" if u assssk meeeee, na who i go assssk...."

ill bow to superior argument, but didn't the discos at least foresee some of these potential pitfalls before jumping in? infact eh ...."

*packs luggage and heads to equatorial guinea*
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by truthspeaks: 8:34pm On Dec 14, 2016
grin grin
sleepyeyez:

*singing*
" if u assssk meeeee, na who i go assssk...."

ill bow to superior argument, but didn't the discos at least foresee some of these potential pitfalls before jumping in? infact eh ...."

*packs luggage and heads to equatorial guinea*
Re: Dogara Asks FG To Review Power Privatization by Nobody: 1:32pm On Dec 15, 2016
kedeojo:
you will always defend incompetence just that is your tribal man. You just tell us how his incompetence. Against the ethics, he fraudulently used one of his company to bid for contract and when caught he was fired. A professor for that matter who couldn't do d right thing just that he was corrupt. The honourable thing he needed to do is to resign if things are not done properly as u want us to believe that politician hijacked d process and that was thesame line Okonjo Iweala took too.

oga Barth nnaji is not from my tribe. and he did well during his tenure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BOMB!!! Biafrexit: Osinbajo Is Less Than An Animal!, Kanu Thunders (video) LIVE! / Latest Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu In London! / Akpabio's Wife Disrupt Aisha Buhari's Reception Ceremony, Fights At The Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.