Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,935 members, 7,931,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 08:02 PM

RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. (1878 Views)

The Enemy Within - A Tale Of Love, Lust And Betrayal / Ade Son Of Thunder( A Tale About Love, Destiny And Betrayal) / United In Betrayal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 1:08pm On Dec 14, 2016
So I'm about writing a new story, and I can only post frequently depending on how well it's being read.
I hope we all enjoy it.

RAGE
"Hello, I'm Annalisa Powell and I've got an appointment with Dr Oliver" I said.
"Oh Goodday! By 12pm?" The secretary asked checking through her computer.
"You may take a seat ma'am, you'll be called in shortly" she said.
"Oh thank you" I replied.

"I think we need therapy Richard, we can't go on like this. We never seem to call a truce, our marriage is gra gr gradually..
"Crumbling?" Richard said interrupting.
"Well yes!" I said.
"Then go if you want to, I don't wish to be involved"
"But Richard, we both need this"
"Maybe YOU need this, I might be a little less busy but definitely not interested in some shitty therapy, I don't think I want to have this conversation anymore" he said as he walked out.
"But Richard! Richard! Richard!"
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 1:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
I was startled out of my reverie by a loud call of my name.
"Mrs Annalisa! Ma'am! Mrs Annalisa! The doctor can see you now" the secretary said almost shouting.
"Oh I'm so sorry, thank you" I said as I walked to his office.

"Goodday Mrs Powell" he said politely
"Goodday Doctor Oliver"
"Take a seat ma'am, I well hope these sessions are of help"
"I hope so too. You can call me Anna by the way.
"Sooo, Anna, what is the situation at hand?"
"Well, Doctor I'm having problems with my marriage"
"Sounds disturbing, especially with that look on your face. Aren't you and your husband supposed to be having this therapy?"
"It's more than that Doctor , I can't exactly explain what's going on between us, I mean myself and Richard my husband. And about coming together, He vehemently refused to come (sigh).

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/09/rage.html
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2016
He's a bit feisty" I said filled with grimace.
"Okay Anna, I guess we'll start from inception. How long have you been married?"
"Four years, precisely we'll be four years next week"
"That's good! Any kids?"
"None yet, but with the way things are, I don't think there'll be anytime soon"
"Have you both ever discussed having kids?"
"To be honest, not really. I mean we're still early in our marriage"
"How often do you guys fight or argue?"
"Well, almost everyday for the past year. It's been months of rancorous disputes, we just never seem to agree."
"Has he ever abused you? Like hit you?"
"Not physically but I'll say emotionally. Richard is rather generous with words"
"Now that's something" he said scribbling something in his book. "Where did you both first meet?" He asked.
(Sigh) "We met at a night club" I said as I slightly guffawed. "I was a total mess that night. I can't even recall how I ended up at the club because sincerely I've always been so demure and pious"
"Would you like a cup of tea before we move on?"
"No thanks, water would do"

I was offered a cup of water by his secretary.

"I remember my parents just recently got separated and I was such a wreck. I was drinking at the bar and unbeknownst to me, Richard paid for all my bottles before I could object"
"Sounds like something more spicy happened"

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/09/rage.html
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 5:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
"Well, he surprisingly appeared behind me just as I was about leaving the restroom. I remember him talking a bit, we barely introduced ourselves as I wasn't paying attention. But we ended up mak making out"
"You only made out?"
I smiled as I replied "of course Doctor, we were going to advance but we were interrupted, so I left out of embarrassment"
"Hmmmm, so no exchange of names or numbers?"
"None of that, but I guess faith found a way to bring us together"
"Would you describe your relationship as a friendly one?"
"Yes, why not?" I asked rhetorically
"How often do you both sit down to discuss issues pertaining to either family or work?"
"Err, thinking about it now, not quite often. Like I said, we hardly ever talk"
"I see" he said as he scribbled something in his book again.
"Okay Anna, I guess our session for today is over"
"Oh wow, it went so fast. It feels good to talk to someone"
"Hope to see you tomorrow ma'am"
"Most definitely, I hope this works as well"

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/09/rage-part-2.html
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Ralupresh(f): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
.following
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Ralupresh(f): 7:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
I arrived home quite early to make dinner for us with hopes that I could convince him this time. 8pm, 10pm, 12am and still no sign of him.

"Seems the bedroom no longer gives you comfort" he said as his voice echoed in the dining room.
"Oh you're back" I said yawning and looked up at the clock to see it was past 1am. "I waited for you all night. Just hold on, I can quickly microwave dinner"
"I'm not hungry" he said as he walked towards the stairs
"But baby, at least eat something. It took a lot to make this"
"But I'm not HUNGRY! Am I expected to force food down my throat? I've had a long day, I don't have time for this"
"Time for your wife you mean? Richard wait!" I exclaimed.
"What do you want from me?" He said mid way through the stairs.
"I just want to talk. I started therapy today and it was good"
"Okay? That's it?"
"Common Richard, it won't be bad if we both went together. Why must you be so antsy?"
"And why must you be so puerile? I already refused and I'll repeat this for the last time, I'M NOT INTERESTED"
And once again, I couldn't hold back the tears
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 9:45am On Dec 15, 2016
"Yes Doctor, my effort at euphemism still played out wrong, Richard and I can never talk without offending each other."
"Let's take things slowly Anna. What does Richard do for a living?"
"He works in a beverage firm"
"He's been there for how long?"
"Ever since I've known him actually, but just recently I think he begun specializing in the advertising segment"
"Is he happy about this development?"
"I'm not so sure Doctor because his earnings equally changed"
"What do you do Anna?"
"I own a boutique, although I used to work at a bank"
"Any reasons why you stopped working there?"
"Richard insistently complained it took most of my time"
"Were you in support of it?"
"Well, not really. But it was quite stressful"
"Do you still consider Richard the bread winner?"
"Of course, He is the bread winner. I mean, I still contribute my own quota in the best possible way"
"Men feel inferior if their wives happen to earn more and he could most likely be passing through that phase"
"But but..
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2016
I honestly thought he was fine with the boutique idea"
"We haven't concluded about the cause of the problem yet, so let's try to be calm" he said as he took a sip from his tea.
"Does your husband socialize?"
"Yes, he has quite a number of friends but his closest is Douglas. They've been friends since high school"
"Have you tried talking to any of his friends about the problems you both have?"
"I never saw a reason to because sincerely, I don't even know what's wrong either"
"How often do his friends visit?"
"They seldom do recently, it's more like Richard shut down the rest of the world"
"Even Douglas?"
"Yes."

"Good evening, we were invited to Jane's Spa reopening. She'd love us to attend" I said as I entered the study.
"I'm not quite sure I have time to mingle, I will if I can." He said while typing on his laptop.
"Are you coming downstairs for dinner?"
"I already ate out"
"Wow! Another wasted effort, I guess there's no point cooking since I always eat alone." I said as I turned to leave the study.

I stopped just as I was about opening the door
"Richard? Can we please talk?
"Can we talk already sounds like an anthem in this house, I'm not ready for an aimless chit chat"
"I'm not here to prattle Richard, I just want us to talk like civilized people."
"Fine, I'm listening."...

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/09/rage-part-2.html
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by blueblood1(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2016
Nice. Holding my attention. Update Pls
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 10:00am On Dec 16, 2016
"I think this would be our last session Doctor, Richard and I are done" I said sobbing.
"I guess you finally realized what the problem is"
"Yes Doctor, it was always, always, always..

The night before..
"Fine I'm listening" he said as he looked up at me.
"I know what's been going on and I totally understand that you feel inferior or less of a man because I earn more"
"Excuse me?" He said as he shut down his laptop.
"Yes Richard, if you so please, I can become a full time housewife and we'll begin to think of kids and.."
"Are you kidding me? You really think I'm jealous of your success? He asked as his lower lip curled in disdain.
"Well, yes and I think it's absolutely normal"
"You're so cynical Annalisa, I won't have this conversation right now" he said as he stood up about to leave.
"Run away like you always do, when would you face your fears Richard? Just admit it, your loved ones want to help you"
"Scared? You think I'm scared? Did you mention loved ones? You're unbelievable Annalisa"
"If you're not scared, then TALK TO ME. If there's someone else, let me know"

http://sandraakaelu..com/2016/09/rage-final-part.html
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 3:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
Just as he's about to turn the doorknob,
he stops "You want to really know the problem? Fine then, I guess it's time"
"Remember we decided to celebrate our anniversary on Valentine's Day instead? He asked as he took a seat.
"Yes I do"
"Great! I was just out of town and we argued over the phone about your job but nonetheless, I was still going to arrive on Valentine's morning right?"
"And you did"
"You're wrong Anna, I didn't. I decided to surprise you so I got back the night before"
"But Richard.."
"Hold on, let me do the talking. And just as I was about screaming 'surprise', I hear your moans from the guest room.
"Richa..
"I convinced myself deep down that it wasn't you you know? until I walked in to see Douglas just right on top of you" he said displeased.
"Richard please, I can.."
"No, I'm not done. You've always wanted to talk right? You know what hurts the most Anna? I had never seen you so ecstatic all through the years of our marriage"
"Please allow me explain"
"I kept asking myself 'wasn't I enough?' 'Is there something I didn't do right?' 'Were you always insatiable?" He asked as he spoke in tears.
"No Richard, I was angry, tired, lonely and vulnerable. I had one too many to drink and..

Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
Final part

"One too many Anna? I saw the euphoric look on your face while your kept screaming 'Yes Douglas'. You were perfectly sane and quite happy"
"Richard I promise you, it meant nothing"
"It meant nothing and you never bothered to mention it to me? How long were you both lovers?"
"No Richard! It was a one time thing"
"I loved you Anna, I swear I tried to forget about that night but your playtoy Douglas had the effrontery to bring it up"
"You were the one who hospitalized him right?"
"Yes and I'd have killed him if I got the chance. How could you both do this to me? You meant the world to me Anna.
"I love you too Richard"
"You know, you know what he said? He claimed to be better in bed. He described every bit of your ordeal to my face. You have no idea how humiliating it was"
"Richard, we can work this out, I never meant to hurt you. Can we please talk?
"But you did Anna, you ruined me. You really still have something to talk about? I guess we're done here and we're over Anna, FOR GOOD!" He said as he stormed out
"Rich Richard please I beg you, we can work this out. Please!!

Back at therapy.
"It was always Douglas I presume?"
"Yes, Richard knows I cheated on him. But how did you know it was Douglas?"
"It was normal Anna, angry outburst or rage is a major reason why marriages fail. It's obvious your husband was offended by people he truly trusted and that's why he always kept to himself"
"I didn't mean to hurt him" I said in tears.
"But you did Anna. He expected you to mention it and since you didn't, he thought making life miserable was the best option. Your husband was clearly filled with RAGE"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Xerox01(m): 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nice 1 jare
Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by Sandra23(f): 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2016
Xerox01:
Nice 1 jare

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RAGE- A Story On Love And Betrayal. by StarBukola(f): 9:05am On Mar 19, 2017
Loving it

(1) (Reply)

Licensed Crime - A Novel By Chizi Ezugwu / Caught In The Act / A Yoruba Writer Called Achebe - By Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.