Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,134 members, 7,883,945 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? (25926 Views)

What Is Your Worst Experience With A Landlord Or Landlady? / Who Is To Pay Tenement Rate: Landlord Or Tenant? / Landlord Or Tenants: Who Is To Fix Damaged Water Pump Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by SIRJENTLE: 9:42am On Dec 15, 2016
PLEASE HOUSE WHEN IS ONE CONSIDERED A LANDLORD:
IS IT WHEN HE ACQUIRES A PLOT OF LAND OR WHEN HE BUILDS A HOUSE?
this is to help me know what to say. thanks
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by SIRJENTLE: 9:43am On Dec 15, 2016
PLEASE HOUSE WHEN IS ONE CONSIDERED A LANDLORD:
IS IT WHEN HE ACQUIRES A PLOT OF LAND OR WHEN HE BUILDS A HOUSE?
this is to help me know what to say. thanks
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by kolaish(m): 9:57am On Dec 15, 2016
For a landlord that has spent over 20m building a house for you to rent, and just because you are paying 250k annually (250k that cannot build that same house in 20 years taking into consideration the rate of inflation), the same landlord should take money from inside the 250k to pack your poo poo. Mind you, the same landlord took the pain to save and build that house to serve as a retirement benefit. So, if you are the landlord will you pack the poo?

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 15, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

So you don't know that maintaining a rented apartment is a landlord's responsibility? May God bless you with a tenant that will teach you that.

Emptying a septic tank is not Maintenance, are you not responsible for your Electricity and, sweeping of your surroundings and Water? Or do you wait for your landlord to also help you with those?
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 15, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

So you don't know that maintaining a rented apartment is a landlord's responsibility? May God bless you with a tenant that will teach you that.

Besides it is always in my agreement until I stopped renting out my flats
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by manutayo(m): 10:34am On Dec 15, 2016
That should be taken care of in the maintenance fee paid to the landlord. In case no maintenance fee is paid then the tenant will have to empty it. I will advise all landlord to include a maintenance fee to take care of issue like this since the tank may fill after different tenant must have used the house.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by Blendy77(f): 11:40am On Dec 15, 2016
The Landlord can only be responsible if it is a serviced apartment and sewage disposal is part of the service charge. Come to think of it, how can the Landlord be expected to discharge your waste when he didn't contribute to that waste (assuming he doesn't live there)? Its as good as saying Landlord should also pay for your dustbin disposal and other waste coming from your house. There is nothing like having responsible tenants I tell you. We recently payed for empting the shared septic tank in our compound on our own. We did it because we wanted to not because we don't know its supposed to be shared. Funny enough our tenants still approached us and requested they pay part of it. Even though we declined collecting anything from them, I tell you there is nothing like having responsible tenants.

1 Like

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by alaskido(m): 11:42am On Dec 15, 2016
The Tenants especially if the Landlord does not live with the tenants. If the Landlord lives with the tenants then they will share the cost of emptying the septic tank.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by EOAOPE: 3:37pm On Dec 15, 2016
nepapole:

The landlord actually stays in the compound but uses a separate tank. With this, is it still the landlord's responsibility?

In view of this, it's the tenants responsibility.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:14pm On Dec 15, 2016
eddiebruk:

Emptying a septic tank is not Maintenance, are you not responsible for your Electricity and, sweeping of your surroundings and Water? Or do you wait for your landlord to also help you with those?
OK, when your septic tank gets filled up and the tenants decide to pack out, force them to empty it before leaving or better still wait for the new occupant to evacuate it.

2 Likes

Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:16pm On Dec 15, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Thank you. When would you take me for a ride, cowboy?
just pick a date, I'm always at your service
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It To Empty The Septic Tank? Landlord Or Tenant? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 15, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

OK, when your septic tank gets filled up and the tenants decide to pack out, force them to empty it before leaving or better still wait for the new occupant to evacuate it.

If he wants to move out because of a filled septic tank, he is free to go

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RELOCATION SALE: PLOT OF LAND WITH GERMAN FLOOR. I OWN IT! / VATICAN GARDEN ASABA, CALL US NOW FOR YOUR OWN PLOTS / 100 Acres Of Farmland Along Iseyin-saki Road (pics Included)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.