Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,066 members, 7,942,854 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 06:25 PM

Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record (1200 Views)

How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)? / Video Game 'call Of Duty' Breaks 'avatar' Sales Record / The Battle Begins: Battlefield 3 Vs Modern Warfare 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 11:54pm On Nov 14, 2009
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has been one of the most anticipated first person shooters this generation, yes even passing Halo 3 with the hype. So with that in mind, who didn't know the game was going to set sales records? No surprise there, we all expected the game would most likely set some kind of a new record in entertainment sales. Not only was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 one of the highest selling games this year by selling 4.7 million copies opening day bringing in some $320 plus million dollars but it also blew away Hollywood films to become the highest-grossing entertainment launch ever.

Combined U.S and U.K. sales brought in $335 million dollars and counting. The video game surpassed the opening weekend of The Dark Knight, which only grossed in $171 million dollars back in July of 2008

Click here for more
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by Sauron1: 11:57pm On Nov 14, 2009
kosovo:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has been one of the most anticipated first person shooters this generation, yes even passing Halo 3 with the hype. So with that in mind, who didn't know the game was going to set sales records? No surprise there, we all expected the game would most likely set some kind of a new record in entertainment sales. Not only was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 one of the highest selling games this year by selling 4.7 million copies opening day bringing in some $320 plus million dollars but it also blew away Hollywood films to become the highest-grossing entertainment launch ever.

Combined U.S and U.K. sales brought in $335 million dollars and counting. The video game surpassed the opening weekend of The Dark Knight, which only grossed in $171 million dollars back in July of 2008

Click here for more

It's the best GAME ever made. . . . . . . .Can't wait to be through with ma exams to start delving into the heart of the game.
The graphics are peerless.
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 12:25am On Nov 15, 2009
@~Sauron~
it's not the best game ever made, it's just one of the most over hyped games this generations.
after seeing UNCHARTED 2 Graphics, MW2 couldn't just fit in,
being the highest selling games doesn't make it the best game, it currently holds a 95 metacritic score.
this year i think Uncharted 2 would win game of the year from most metacritic sites and media.
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by Sauron1: 12:26am On Nov 15, 2009
kosovo:

@~Sauron~
it's not the best game ever made, it's just one of the most over hyped games this generations.
after seeing UNCHARTED 2 Graphics, MW2 couldn't just fit in,
being the highest selling games doesn't make it the best game, it currently holds a 95 metacritic score.
this year i think Uncharted 2 would win game of the year from most metacritic sites and media.

Have you even sampled this game before arguing with me?
If you haven't then stop right there.
I have browsed through this game and i can tell you it's the best game ever made. I don't care if it's the highest selling game in the solar system.
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 12:36am On Nov 15, 2009
pls dont make me laugh again,
   browse both games critically before entering any arguments,
Uncharted 2 is better than MW2 in every way you can think of it,
  no matter how u try spin it, Uncharted 2 is still rated higher than MW2 at Metacritc.
  Metacritic is where all games reviews ends and an average score is awarded to the game reviewed,
      Toyota sells more cars than Ferrari,  does that make Toyota a better car?
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by Sauron1: 12:39am On Nov 15, 2009
kosovo:

pls dont make me laugh again,
   browse both games critically before entering any arguments,
Uncharted 2 is better than MW2 in every way you can think of it,
  no matter how u try spin it, Uncharted 2 is still rated higher than MW2 at Metacritc.
  Metacritic is where all games reviews ends and an average score is awarded to the game reviewed,
      Toyota sells more cars than Ferrari,  does that make Toyota a better car?

Bleep METACRITIC. . . . . .They know nada down there.
I don't need to go to a useless website to tell me what a good game feels like.
COD shits on any Uncharted series ever made.
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 12:45am On Nov 15, 2009
now you are making me feel you have no idea of what you are talking about,
  Metacritic is not a useless website but the final bus stop to all gaming reviews,
and this is just the 2nd game in the Uncharted series,
     any one that has played U2 can testify that it is the best game ever made,  Critics even said U2 was better than most hollywood movies, 
  well thats your own opinion, we will wait and see who wins GAME OF THE YEAR. cheesy
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by Sauron1: 12:54am On Nov 15, 2009
kosovo:

now you are making me feel you have no idea of what you are talking about,
Metacritic is not a useless website but the final bus stop to all gaming reviews,
and this is just the 2nd game in the Uncharted series,
any one that has played U2 can testify to that, Critics even said U2 was better than most hollywood movies,
well thats your own opinion, we will wait and see who wins GAME OF THE YEAR. cheesy

There are GameRankings, GameStats before Metacritic can even say shit.

MW2 still managed to get 95% score on Metacritic and it has sold more than Uncharted 2 so whatz the basis of comparison?
This is not a game that fluked its way to the top. It has a high positive review + good sales to boot.
Modern Warfare 2 is better than the last Modern Warfare and the last one took all the meaningful awards when it launched.

I see no reason why MW2 will not make a clean sweep this year.
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 6:44am On Nov 15, 2009

MW2 still managed to get 95% score on Metacritic and it has sold more than Uncharted 2 so whatz the basis of comparison?
   thats where you get it all wrong broda, game sales has never been a basis for quality,
God of war 2 sold  close to 4 million copies way behind GTA; sanandreas in sales but Gow2 is still the best game of the ps2 era.
MW2 is a more popular franchise, and its available in all platforms, so why wont it sell many copies?
Dont forget that MW2 has the highest number of TRADE INs ever seen in the gaming industry,  ask your self why..
                     MW2 cant even match the graphics of KILLZONE2 let alone Uncharted 2. cheesy
you want to play sales? let wait for the GTA 5.
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by ritchboy(m): 10:07am On Nov 15, 2009
Isnt it just amusing to watch people who claim Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are the best games ever made argue? cheesy
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by texazzpete(m): 10:48am On Nov 15, 2009
ritchboy:

Isnt it just amusing to watch people who claim Uncharted 2 and Modern Warfare 2 are the best games ever made argue? cheesy

no it's not. It's extremely STUPID for someone to argue that one game is better simply because it has better graphics. uncharted and MW2 are two different gaming genres and it's silly to compare them directly. Metacritic numbers can not be used as an accurate and precise figure since it's still an aggregate of individual subjective reviews.

It does not mean a damn thing if killzone has better graphics than MW2. MW2 is a far better game than Killzone 2, and will be played for years even when killzone 2 remains a distant memory.

Kosovo, until you realist that graphics don't equal excellence, you'll never be a true gamer.
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by Sauron1: 12:24pm On Nov 15, 2009
texazzpete:

It does not mean a damn thing if killzone has better graphics than MW2. MW2 is a far better game than Killzone 2, and will be played for years even when killzone 2 remains a distant memory.

Kosovo, until you realise that graphics don't equal excellence, you'll never be a true gamer.

Enuff SAID!!!!
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2009

Kosovo, until you realist that graphics don't equal excellence, you'll never be a true gamer.
  pls dont go there., Story, character, control, sound, gameplay and replayability, UNCHARTED 2 shits on MW2.
onliine features MW2 edges out U2,
Nuff said, lets wait 4 the awards to start rolling out next month,  cheesy
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by tboy1(m): 12:19pm On Nov 16, 2009
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is way better than Cod4:MW2
IMO - The first Uncharted's graphics, story line, gameplay is better tha COD4:MW2
COD4 is overhyped
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 16, 2009
tboy1:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is way better than Cod4:MW2
IMO - The first Uncharted's graphics, story line, gameplay is better tha COD4:MW2
COD4 is overhyped

GBAM!!!
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 16, 2009
It may be well over that amount. . .
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 10:24pm On Nov 16, 2009
HQ:

It may be well over that amount. . .
were ve u been bro
Re: Modern Warfare 2 Beats The Dark Knight For Sales Record by kosovo(m): 6:42am On Nov 18, 2009
if sales = great game, then wii fit and super mario re the greatest games this generation. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Mobile Phone Games To Download? / Ps4 Latest Game And Games Disc Swap / Help Needed In Six Gun Android

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.