Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,430 members, 7,932,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 06:20 AM

Lautech Crises; The Other Side Of The Story. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lautech Crises; The Other Side Of The Story. (438 Views)

Crises Brews In University Of Calabar As Students' Union Government Ends In Chao / LAUTECH Operates 97 Different Bank Accounts – Osun Govt / The History Of Political Crises In Nigeria (TERM PAPER) - GST 111 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lautech Crises; The Other Side Of The Story. by KazeemDiary(m): 5:30pm On Dec 15, 2016
Read full story on: http://9jaroutes..com.ng/2016/12/lautech-crises-other-side-of-story-by.html

LAUTECH CRISES; THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY.

Contrary to the opinions of a majority of LAUTECH stakeholders and my stance in previous open letters to the two official visitors, which puts them at the center of the blame game, this time, i have deemed it fit to redirect the focus of our cameras to the bloated leadership of the university which is infested with economic and financial fraud, corruption, true dereliction, abuse of power and mismanagement of resources.

If you look at great tertiary institutions, from the Premier University to Great Ife, you will see that most do not fail due inherent instability but because of internal weakness, corruption, embezzlement, mismanagement, and a failure to manifest the values and ideals they espouse. Truly, these are characteristics that exist everywhere to include tertiary institutions. What successful leadership do is keep them to a minimum because no one has ever eliminated any of those stuffs. Today, LAUTECH is dancing at the corridors of shame and ridicule as a result of the highlighted factors.

By the way, I would like to register my displeasure for the show of impunity and force by the Nigerian Police, during the students’ most recent 'protest for resumption'. Well, those guys in black uniforms are foremen and obey orders from their superiors who often times sits in their offices. Sad, instead of ‘answering their over 200 days prayers’, the owners State allowed the Nigerian Police to shoot tear gas at protesting students, who deemed it fit to express their displeasure for the ‘indefinite mid semester break’ and the industrial action by various unions on the campus, leaving some injured and arrested a few among them. Well, this is not coming as a surprise to me, something worse was done to us when we staged a protest demanding for tuition fee reversal among others.

Before I take on the aforementioned factors, let me give honor to whom honor is due, a reputable role model and a vice chancellor per excellence, Professor Sulaiman Gbadegesin. It is on record that the successes of the Sulaiman Kazeem led Students’ Union Government were built on the cordial relationship we had with the university Senate under his leadership. Sadly, it is practically impossible to exempt this ‘foreman’ from the failed leadership of the university, even with the face lift he has given to the university campus, administrative buildings and the lecture theaters. Unfortunately, his leadership failed to pivot the politics to a balance, end economic and financial crimes and keep mismanagement in the university to a minimum.

Firstly, we all must agree that corruption and mismanagement has reached an unacceptable level in our beloved LAUTECH. It has devoured the resources that could have been devoted to the growth and development of the university and impeded the proper carrying out of the university rules and penalize the honest and capable.

Read full story on: http://9jaroutes..com.ng/2016/12/lautech-crises-other-side-of-story-by.html

Thank you.

Sulaiman Kazeem
LAUTECH Alumnus.
13-12-2016

(1) (Reply)

2016 GCE: WAEC Withholds 13,488 Results / Whats The Difference Between Teaching And Learning / A medical student need help.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.