Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,067 members, 7,966,970 topics. Date: Saturday, 05 October 2024 at 08:45 AM

Religion: An Illusion That Works Well - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion: An Illusion That Works Well (24787 Views)

Free Will Is An Illusion / Back To The Illusion: How Can We Know Our Reality Is An Illusion? / Donald Trump Vs Islam Is An ILLUSION Like Superman Vs Muhammad Ali. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by MrMontella(m): 9:44am On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Wikipedia is the only source of information ? Right ? I've told you what Nihilism is and its roots and there is no harmony between Christianity and Nihilism
oya show me a reputable site where nihilism is defined as ''no God''...
Or stop the rambles

The bible says that all murderers will go to Hell.
the bible says a whole lot of other rubbishes too...

It also says that if you sin and ask for forgiveness from god...he will forgive your sins..
If the bible expected christians to be 100% sinless as the definition of christians...such forgiveness statements would not suffice..

You cant be a Christian and claim to be a suicide bomber .
how?
What do you mean?
What do you u mean by claim? Can you suicide bomb more than once?

What does these scriptures mean?

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Romans 3:23

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8

If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us. 1 John 1:10
what nonsense are you then saying?

Christian atheism accepts the teachings of Christ but reject his divinity as God . The same thing with Christian deism.
stop this mental gymnastics bro...
Its unhealthy!
From your definition...jehovah witnesses fit under it..so you see..it is shallow..
A better would be;
Christian atheists accept his teachings about life but reject his teachings about having knowledge of an author/being the author of the universe.....

My point is,
if christianity and atheism are compactible...then christianity and nihilism are compactible..

They all don't represent the truth in Christianity
yes,,only your small church represents the truth in christianity...
Though that was not the idea/what i was saying

Why did you make use of a different translation ?
how?
Does my usage of the GNT affect the meaning of the statement?
Is the GNT void?

I used GNT because im used to it...i didnt even check other versions...

90% of bible verses ive posted here on this forum are all in GNT version...

Other versions may have vanity
vanity still means useless..
Whats your point?

That bible verse explains why life is meaningless without God...
ebuka! You can lie for africa..

No where did he make mention of such in that chapter!

Lieing is okay..as long as am lieing for jesus abi?

You have not shown me the connection between Nihilism and Christianity this guy ![/b] Stop the circumlocution and show me the compatibility .

it is you who is blind to reason...

You quickly said atheism is compactible with nihilism...although atheism has no doctrines..it just a disbelief in God...

I also asked you if ''no meaning in life'' automatically translates to ''disbelief in God'' and reverse...which you're stumbling at..

Also i asked you if deists are nihilists..since God has no atom of interference or anything to do with the universe but you've failed to respond!

you said...a person who believes in God cannot harbor such thoughts...

And i've clearly shown you..not oone but two christians who did.

Na you sabi sha!.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by MrMontella(m): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2016
damogul:

If its an early form of nihilism according to him and is not applicable to modern times why then did you push it forward?
being an early form of nihilism does not null it from being nihilistic in nature..

Early forms of football differ from modern times...it doesnt stop it from being football..

Early forms of atheism differ from modern atheism...it's still atheistic..

Even early christianity is different from modern christianity..but yet it is still christianity!

Levelling is some form of nihilism..and he advocated for it...
Thats the issue
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 10:27am On Dec 17, 2016
DeepSight:

@ Kingebukasblog & Dalaman,

Please see -

https://www.nairaland.com/441220/mazaje-state-purpose-life

Several points of view on purpose in life were canvassed.

He puts it very succinctly. I hope KingEbukasBlog sees it and learns from his very good points. Thanks for the link.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2016
DeepSight:

@ Kingebukasblog & Dalaman,

Please see -

https://www.nairaland.com/441220/mazaje-state-purpose-life

Several points of view on purpose in life were canvassed.

Sir I strongly believe the book of Ecclesiastes contravenes his meaning of life from a Christian perspective .

mazaje:

The purpose of life IMO is to strive to fill each of the days we have to spend here on earth (hours, and minutes) with meaning. We should strive to fill them with learning and gaining wisdom, with compassion for the less fortunate, with love and tolerance for friends, strangers and family, with doing any job we want to do or are supposed to do very well, with fighting against evil and obscurantism, to protect our planet and all the other animals that we share it together with and YES, with enjoying sexxxx, TV, good food, arts, sports, parties, cars, modest luxury, and other fascinating stuffs that life has to offer. . .

Mazaje is only striving to find meaning of life in those aforementioned . He thinks he has or he thinks he will , but he hasn't or he won't.

Mazaje tries to finding meaning in life through

i. gaining wisdom . Ecc 1:13-18
ii. Fight against evil Ecc 6: 1
ii. sex Ecc 2 : 10-11
iv. Good food Ecc 6:1-2 , Ecc 2:24
v. Arts Ecc 2:4
vi. TV Ecc 2:7-8
vii. Parties , Cars , Luxury Ecc 2:8 Ecc 2: 1
viii. And other fascinating things in life Ecc 3:12-15 , Ecc 4:13-16

And the preachers calls them vanity because

1. Man's work is repetitious Ecc 1:9-10

2. Man still remains unsatisfied because all these are in abundance Ecc 1:8

3. Man's works can be easily forgotten Ecc 1: 11

4. There is no end to this , it goes from generation to generation , different men seeking the exact same thing Ecc 1:3-4

5. Man spends his lifetime laboring to survive Ecc 2:22

6. And finally man dies still unsatisfied , still unfulfilled , still desiring more even at the point of death . So what's the point since you are born with nothing , and you still die with nothing . Same way of death even with the common beast Ecc 12 : 7-8 Ecc 3 :18-19

Its all useless without God .

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2016
MrMontella:

Also i asked you if deists are nihilists..since God has no atom of interference or anything to do with the universe but you've failed to respond!

Deists can't be nihilists because they can have a personal relationship with God - since they believe that God can interact with men but not necessarily mean he would intervene . They don't believe that life is meaningless and purposeless . Some deists believe that God punishes man even in this life and in the afterlife - yes , some deists believe in the afterlife . Consciousness has been proven through experience to exist outside the material/physical body .

You committed a fallacy called the shortgun argumentation by inundating me with so many (irrelevant) questions - these questions don't even address the points I raised .

You still haven't shown me the connection between Nihilism and Christianity
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by DeepSight(m): 11:24am On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sir I strongly believe the book of Ecclesiastes contravenes his meaning of life from a Christian perspective .

Mazaje is only striving to find meaning of life in those aforementioned . He thinks he has or he thinks he will , but he hasn't or he won't.

4. There is no end to this , it goes from generation to generation , different men seeking the exact same thing Ecc 1:3-4

6. And finally man dies still unsatisfied , still unfulfilled , still desiring more even at the point of death . So what's the point since you are born with nothing , and you still die with nothing . Same way of death even with the common beast Ecc 12 : 7-8 Ecc 3 :18-19

If you have time review and let me know your thoughts on the discussion between KAG and myself in the same thread.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 11:25am On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

All these are the opinion of the writer of the book. Many people have died as full filed and very satisfied men and women. Many have died without desiring anything. That alone shows that the writer of ecclesiastics is wrong. How does God add meaning to life since even with God man has to go through all these things. You'll come with the after life but that remains an assumption that has no evidence at all to support it. It is just another human invention to make sense of the fact that life is short, difficult and brutal to some people. The after life does not add any meaning to the present life. The here and now matter to us all that is why we all find our death so distressing.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by dalaman: 11:28am On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Deists can't be nihilists because they can have a personal relationship with God -

You've started with your falsehoods again. Many deist just believe in a creator God/Gods that is/are non interventionist. They have no.personal relationship with any God or God's. Thomas Paine is a deist that claims the creator God could even be dead.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:30am On Dec 17, 2016
DeepSight:

If you have time review and let me know your thoughts on the discussion between KAG and myself in the same thread.

No problem sir .
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:36am On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

You've started with your falsehoods again. Many deist just believe in a creator God/Gods that is/are non interventionist. They have no.personal relationship with any God or God's. Thomas Paine is a deist that claims the creator God could even be dead.

I've taken my time to study deism and different types of deism sir . Deists can have personal and transpersonal relationships with God

I stated that here na : https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

When a deist assumes the creator is dead then there is a minute difference between him and an atheist - no creator exists . But one thing you have to understand that the purpose of the universe is established in it . As far as the creator has created , he has a purpose for his creation .

We are using so many inventions whose creators are dead but it does not mean the invention has lost its purpose of creation . You dig ?

In Jainism , a liberated soul of man becomes god . The deist can assume with this thought that the dead creator wants man to ascend to his position once his soul is liberated
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:48am On Dec 17, 2016
@ Dalaman @DeepSight

I For logical reasons , to assume that the creator is dead is not really logical . Why ? Because the creator serves as the infinite source of our existence . But there are two things to consider

1. Is the universe dependent on the existence of the creator?

2. Is the universe independent on the existence of a creator ?

II In Panendeism , the creator metamorphosed from a separate conscious being to an unresponsive universe . In that case , understanding the purpose of man's existence can be pretty difficult . Any ideas ?
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:02pm On Dec 17, 2016
dalaman:

All these are the opinion of the writer of the book. Many people have died as full filed and very satisfied men and women.
How did they tell you that are satisfied ? How did you arrive at this conclusion ? I can as well tell you that it is an opinion .

dalaman:
Many have died without desiring anything.
So they never desired at least food ? Dalaman you have come again

dalaman:
That alone shows that the writer of ecclesiastics is wrong.

You gave different surmises and then rushed to a conclusion ? Its illogical to do so . You can't conclude based on insufficient information or assumptions.

dalaman:
How does God add meaning to life since even with God man has to go through all these things.

Judgement

Ecclesiastes 3:17
17 I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work.

dalaman:
You'll come with the after life but that remains an assumption that has no evidence at all to support it. It is just another human invention to make sense of the fact that life is short, difficult and brutal to some people.

Consciousness existing outside material/physical body proves that there is afterlife .

dalaman:
The after life does not add any meaning to the present life. The here and now matter to us all that is why we all find our death so distressing.

Your life on earth determines how the afterlife turns out for you . Even in the doctrines of reincarnation - seen as a mode of afterlife - your present life determines how your next life would turn out to be .
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by DeepSight(m): 12:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
@ Dalaman @DeepSight

I For logical reasons , to assume that the creator is dead is not really logical . Why ? Because the creator serves as the infinite source of our existence .

I entirely agree. It is illogical to view the creator or initiator of all contingent reality as something that can die or cease to exist.

But there are two things to consider

1. Is the universe dependent on the existence of the creator?

2. Is the universe independent on the existence of a creator ?

Everything in existence is and must be dependent on the source of all energy for existence.

The only logical reverse would be to suppose a universe which -

1. Contains all its energy in and of itself without any external input or output (closed system) and

2. Is eternal in the past: showing that it never derived its energy from any external source.

We know that the universe is not eternal in the past as it started at a point and this shows that it must therefore have had an external trigger as the laws of motion dictate. This immediately invalidates (1) above and shows the universe to be an open system and as such dependent on its source.

II In Panendeism , the creator metamorphosed from a separate conscious being to an unresponsive universe . In that case , understanding the purpose of man's existence can be pretty difficult . Any ideas ?

This would be like suggesting that the creator is some sort of mortal being which died and that the universe or multiverses out there are simply the decomposition of its mortal remains. Considering how minute we are in the scheme of things its not that this is completely inconceivable, but there is no reason to advance it as a positive logical assumption.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by emssecca: 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2016
Nigerians, you all are atheists, communists, xtians, hinduists, muslims, jews, deists etc. You quote from "classical" greece, vedic culture, "classical" romans etc but none of you have said anything so far, please correct me if I missed it, about your African Traditional Customs!!!

Do any of you really know about the history of Africa? Xtianity? Islam? Hindu? And all the so-called "classical" greece, roman and hindu era? Even the history of Nigeria? Do you all remember we were enslaved, colonised and are still under hegemonic control?

Let me give you a hint. The word "God" is a germanic word meaning "to invoke". It had nothing originally to do with the word "The Creator" before the english adopted it. The english language was created to confuse and contradict the non-initiate. Always research for the etymology of words in english before you use it.

Africans, specifically for this chat, Nigerians Know Thy Self!!!

Thank you. And I must say, irrespective you all are intelligent brilliant minds and I am happy that Africans are still standing tall and strong no matter the colonial influence. Peace and African Power!!!

2 Likes

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by DeepSight(m): 1:05pm On Dec 17, 2016
emssecca:
Nigerians, you all are atheists, communists, xtians, hinduists, muslims, jews, deists etc. You quote from "classical" greece, vedic culture, "classical" romans etc but none of you have said anything so far, please correct me if I missed it, about your African Traditional Customs!!!

Do any of you really know about the history of Africa? Xtianity? Islam? Hindu? And all the so-called "classical" greece, roman and hindu era? Even the history of Nigeria? Do you all remember we were enslaved, colonised and are still under hegemonic control?

Let me give you a hint. The word "God" is a germanic word meaning "to invoke". It had nothing originally to do with the word "The Creator" before the english adopted it. The english language was created to confuse and contradict the non-initiate. Always research for the etymology of words in english before you use it.

Africans, specifically for this chat, Nigerians Know Thy Self!!!

Thank you. And I must say, irrespective you all are intelligent brilliant minds and I am happy that Africans are still standing tall and strong no matter the colonial influence. Peace and African Power!!!

Wonderful post. It really is important to remind people. I have greater respect for real and sound minded African Traditionalists than for those religionists who only blindly gulp the myths and legends of other peoples as sacred truth whilst considering their own myths and legends as meaningless folklore only.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by jonbellion(m): 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2016
DeepSight:

Wonderful post. It really is important to remind people. I have greater respect for real and sound minded African Traditionalists than for those religionists who only blindly gulp the myths and legends of other peoples as sacred truth whilst considering their own myths and legends as meaningless folklore only.
well put cool
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by emssecca: 3:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
Also, we Africans have really forgotten our history. We have always been in existence. The white man is new in existence. Our traditional priests are original Scientists and Psychologists. For example, when the traditional priests apply white chalk to the left eye it is because the left eye is connected to the heart. The heart, with a focused but pure mind is directly connected to the Universe. The white chalk signifies "the unseen". We are and everything in existence is God. There is no beginning and there is no end. You can never know. Hence "energy is neither created nor destroyed". "Being" means "consciousness". We as traditional practitioners have one commandment, the original commandment "Do unto others as you like to be done unto you!" And we have our convenants to enforce this law. If I sleep with another man's wife, then definitely another man will sleep with my wife! We do not worry about "God this" or "God that" instead we use the knowledge of nature to apply it scientifically to better ourselves and our communities. We achieved a lot more together as Africans before the white man came to destabilise us but its all part of the universal plan. Man know thyself!!!

1 Like

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by DeepSight(m): 4:45pm On Dec 17, 2016
emssecca:
Also, we Africans have really forgotten our history. We have always been in existence. The white man is new in existence. Our traditional priests are original Scientists and Psychologists. For example, when the traditional priests apply white chalk to the left eye it is because the left eye is connected to the heart. The heart, with a focused but pure mind is directly connected to the Universe. The white chalk signifies "the unseen". We are and everything in existence is God. There is no beginning and there is no end. You can never know. Hence "energy is neither created nor destroyed". "Being" means "consciousness". We as traditional practitioners have one commandment, the original commandment "Do unto others as you like to be done unto you!" And we have our convenants to enforce this law. If I sleep with another man's wife, then definitely another man will sleep with my wife! We do not worry about "God this" or "God that" instead we use the knowledge of nature to apply it scientifically to better ourselves and our communities. We achieved a lot more together as Africans before the white man came to destabilise us but its all part of the universal plan. Man know thyself!!!

Super Post
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by MrMontella(m): 5:22pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Deists can't be nihilists because they can have a personal relationship with God - since they believe that God can interact with men but not necessarily mean he would intervene . They don't believe that life is meaningless and purposeless . Some deists believe that God punishes man even in this life and in the afterlife - yes , some deists believe in the afterlife
oboi stop this mental gymnastics

na simple question i ask!

1) If a deist has a personal relationship...
Its no more deism baba!

2)clearly you ignored where i said materialist deists...
If you like...dodge the question...

Are materialist deists nihilists?

Consciousness has been proven through experience to exist outside the material/physical body
story!
On the contrary...
Consciousness has never been proven to be immune to the authority of the brain!

You committed a fallacy called the shortgun argumentation by inundating me with so many (irrelevant) questions - these questions don't even address the points I raised
maybe you forgot the part where you initially strayed off point by asking me why i used a specific bible translation and other irrelevant stuffs

You still haven't shown me the connection between Nihilism and Christianity
Mr Misinterpreter...

My initial input was when you said.... A person who believes in God cannot harbor nihilistic thoughts!

Which i have successfully disproved!
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2016
MrMontella:

1) If a deist has a personal relationship...
Its no more deism baba!

Having a personal relationship with God (interaction) does not necessarily mean he intervenes . Please read about deism and stop making ignorant claims .
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by MrMontella(m): 5:33pm On Dec 17, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Having a personal relationship with God (interaction) does not necessarily mean he intervenes . Please read about deism and stop making ignorant claims .
do you know what a relationship is?

Is a relationship one sided?

Not everything is about ''read''
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I mean if you look at it , its more rejection of personal gods . A typical atheist argument will always impugn the belief in a personal god .

That's why anytime they are on the precipice of getting anything bad , they claim there is no God . Its all emotions .

Pay close attention bro , the typical atheist belief resolves around religion and personal gods .

They attack faith , prayer , worship with the belief that this somehow impugns the existence of God . Very small minded folks .

They are repulsed by deism . Deism is too intellectual to stand against . Have you seen them outwit oga DeepSight before ? There is no religious belief to mock or ridicule or fall back to . Its strictly logic . Pure logic .

Even 'smart pants' like Teempakguy started floundering . I was aghast at the egregiousness of his reasoning that day grin
it's interesting, how you fall back on deism when you can no longer support theism logically. If anything, it implies that you're not really who you claim to be: A Christian. You're just Interested in anything that supports the existence of a deity.

But hey, I didn't quote this to talk about you. But me.

It is true that Deism is not quite as illogical as gnostic theism. I could as well argue for deism, albeit with more logical problems. The reason, however, that I'm not a deist is because it's quite pointless. First, From most religious perspectives. An atheist and/or deist is essentially the same. One does not get any benefit over the other. Secondly, there is little difference in how both groups live. Some deists get their morality from the Bible, some atheists as well, same goes for the other case. Some deists go to church, read a holy book, and give alms, so do some atheists. Perhaps prayer is the only thing deists do that atheists don't. Even so, they often don't pray to a specific God.

Why on earth would I become a deist, as opposed to an atheist? The fact remains that there is no proof for the existence or otherwise of any God, any other claim is based on speculation. And speculating when it doesn't help or at least pretend to help you or anyone is just lame.

Finally, you and deepsight are the same. All you do is state your opinions as absolute and dismiss all rebuttals as inconsequential. No one can have a meaningful argument with you or him.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by DeepSight(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
Teempakguy:

Finally, you and deepsight are the same. All you do is state your opinions as absolute and dismiss all rebuttals as inconsequential. No one can have a meaningful argument with you or him.

Certainly not anyone obsessed with the properties of nothingness.

I laid out your contradictions in stark detail and you simply glossed over them only to whine about being dissapointed. It is you who really are a waste of space. You did not address even one of the many stark absurdities i pointed out.

You simply repeat that everything can happen in nothingness which is simply an empty absurd nonsensical statement which contradicts itself.

You are the one who needs his senses restored sorry.

Till then, feed fat on nothingness.

Comedian.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by daseento(m): 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
R[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][center][/center] Religion is a powerful tools used by Satan in this world when the world refuses to make the Bible as the basis and guide of life. Religion leads the blind to the pit of hell...and atheism, legalism, rationalism will surely fail but only the word of God can keep u moving on ur feet. Hebrew 4:12, II Timothy 3:16-17.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by uvalued(m): 5:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
felixomor:

(I hope u can see those 2 bolded sentences)

In other words, anybody who finds meaning to life (including you) is living in a delusion.

[size=18pt] because if something doesnt exist universally and i find it personally. Thats a delusion. [/size]

So according to the above you and majority of the atheists (as u claim) who find meaning to life live also in the same delusions as religious people.

Abi?
WOW EPIC

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2016
In my opinion the depiction of God in the bible seriously underestimates the intelligence of a Supreme Creator - when I remember some stories in the bible I just wonder why?

For example, it says God hardened the heart of Pharoah and later killed all 1st borns of Egypt... if he could harden a Pharoah's heart, why not soften it so that he would let the Israelites go in peace... why harden his heart so it can result in massive deaths?.... this is just one of my objections about the depiction of God in the bible.
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by uvalued(m): 5:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
damogul:

Did i lie? He was serious about his position about no meaning to life and saw no reason for love, no reason for marriage, no reason for children, no reason for the earth and ultimately no reason for life so wished death on humanity and total extinction.

THIS SHOULD BE THE UNIVERSAL MEANING OF LIFE THAT dalaman has said life has NO UNIVERSAL MEANING.. hence grizzlebear advocate nihilism... in other words dalama agree LIFE HAS NO MEANING

dalaman:

I derive meaning from various things for my life. Different things give me meaning and shape my life. As I said life has NO universal meaning. We all.pick and chose what ever it is we want to give us meaning and purpose.
and hence grizzlebear came forth with the nihilism...
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by uvalued(m): 5:29pm On Dec 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You nailed it bro .

A true atheist is a nihilist
grizzlebear has finally manifested a true atheist... nihilistic...oh Lord help me to manifest my true identity as even athiest are coming to their true identity...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by felixomor: 5:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
uvalued:

grizzlebear has finally manifested a true atheist... nihilistic...oh Lord help me to manifest my true identity as even athiest are coming to their true identity...

Amen.
Lol
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by uvalued(m): 5:33pm On Dec 23, 2016
akintom:
The community of human beings, that lives within the realm of realism and rationalism, and particularly in 21st century, agrees that essentially and by implications, religious beliefs are anachronistic, in the very light of today's advancement in science and technology.

Away from the the malicious lies of Christian religion, that brands atheism as occultic group. Atheistic belief system is suitably compatible with humanity existentially.

Essentially too, atheistic views and position, on what is life and it's purpose, helps humanity to assume responsibility for the bringing forth, the best of their creative mind. This atheism enabled mindsets/worldviews, are the forces behind innovations and advancements seen in the world today.

The beauty of atheism is that it's not philosophically, metaphysically or theologically based. It doesn't subscribe to dogmatic or bigotic stance on belief system.

Atheism - a mere belief system, that rejects believe in god. But rather embrace the idea that the source of knowledge is by observation and not revelation.

Atheism takes into cognizance, that since knowledge based on observation is guided by rules and measures, people will emerge with variants (agnostic-atheism, gnostic-atheism, new-atheism etc ) of beliefs system of atheism.

This varied components of atheism, is compatible with the principles that governs knowledge inquisition, that's founded strictly on observation.

As against religious beliefs (founded on revelatory knowledge base), that's concluded, complete and not subject to criticism. Atheism is of the fabric of knowledge that's evolving via the instruments of criticism.

maka quote this for tumolo
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by uvalued(m): 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
damogul:

With God or the gods of other religious people the meaning is one...PURPOSE! and this PURPOSE breeds DESIRE and DISCOVERY.

You on the other hand who is godless and do not believe God or gods exist are simply making up meaning as you go so to you there is no one meaning to life as the one you hold on to today can become meaningless tomorrow as you evolve as an atheist.

The Alpha atheist is the one who has fully embraced nihilism and you are yet to get to the level.

Everytime we talk about meaning in life you always use the religious to offer examples why can you not use your position as an atheist to offer meaning to your own life.

ha athiesm view of life is like the old nokia 3310..its not meaningful and its obsolete today so it must be nihilated...

alpha athiest ... grizzlebear..nihilistic becos life has no MEANING!
Re: Religion: An Illusion That Works Well by uvalued(m): 6:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
damogul:

If others believe in destroying humanity for their God which in this case i believe ISLAM is your focus then why not focus on that since you feel its repulsive.

However even they still hold meaning to life but a nihilist sees nothing in nothing so does not believe in anything as meaningful since his own life was an accident of nature. I quote grizlybear

"I wish i was not born because my life was by chance. Chance brought me here so what then is the purpose to my life?"

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Who Is A Lawful Captive? / No Acceptable Reasons For Missing Church Service / Five Types Of Girls You Meet In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.