Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,006 members, 7,919,211 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 12:41 AM

My System Goes Off Itself - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My System Goes Off Itself (1051 Views)

Please Help!!!my Laptop Comes On And Goes Off After 20-30 Minutes / Help! My System Goes Off Intermittently. / My Pc Goes Off 2 Or 3 Secs After I Power It On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My System Goes Off Itself by afeez123: 11:48am On Jan 10, 2007
After booting my system and logging in into windows,my system just goes off.what could be the problem?
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by Obiora1(m): 11:58am On Jan 10, 2007
Make sure you have an updated antivirus cos virus can cause system shutdown.
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by woleprof(m): 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2007
U did not gv us the state and condition of the system

anyway, it could be as a result of over loaded power supply resulting from upgrading of some part of the system.
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:46pm On Jan 12, 2007
most times it's a virus. did u make any changes to your system like install a new driver or sumtin else cause this may be conflicting and causing windows to go off as a security measure
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by hayprof(m): 2:23am On Jan 13, 2007
most times it's a virus.

You might av picked up Some Viruses on the internet. Get a Good Antivirus Like[b] AVG[/b] make regular updates and u will be OK! wink
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by hayprof(m): 6:51pm On Jan 13, 2007
wot's wrong when one gets a message saying d pc is gon shut down nd restart itself nd its accompanied by a count down timer of 45secs.
Wot ya'll think?
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by send2pz: 5:34am On Jan 17, 2007
I have once exprienced the same problem.I wouldn't know if the system is a desktop pc or laptop.If it is a desktop pc,then you may have to consider replacing the power pack.
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by wisdome: 10:59pm On Jan 20, 2007
Hi Afeez,

Well am not very vast in this but I think you should supply more information about this to enable one give a correct advice instead of guesses.

Please note the message displayed before the counts (send it here) begins it could be a memory problem.

But depending on the OS you are using try this out first try to restore to the an earlier date , if it is WIN XP just press F8 key just after it through with detecting devices or immediately press the on botton if it takes you to the boot from option select your hdd and press f8 again imediately and select last Good known Configuration.

If the problem persist then try logging in through the Save Mode Option and see if it is shutting down.
Because I say you should use the antivirus since you can not even stay long in the windows mode except you have an antivirus that can scan from DOS mode.

I am expecting your detailed information about your system.
Re: My System Goes Off Itself by afeez123: 9:42am On Feb 20, 2007
Thanks for your advice.I noticed that sometimes it allows me to boot to windows while sometimes it doesnt boot at all before going of itself.

(1) (Reply)

Help / The Best Isp In Ekpoma Edo State / 1.2m Vsat Equipments For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.