Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,174 members, 7,884,092 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 12:22 AM

Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS (39330 Views)

D'banj And Djimon Hounsou Argue Over The Best African Jollof Rice / Yemi Alade spotted with Actor, Djimon Hounsou in California / Flavour And Djimon Hounsou Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by cruise001(m): 7:45pm On Dec 16, 2016
mtcheeeew
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Emassive(m): 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
Bros I hope you no meet Babachir or drop money for that place for Grass clearing
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 16, 2016
three:
the question is who stands to profit from all this? BH? NA? Nigeria? The People in Maiduguri and other war ravaged settlements?

Who profits in War? (should tell you why the war persists)
government officials and Borno state government of course, e.g the ones using millions to clear grass and the ones diverting trailer load of rice meant for IDPs

1 Like

Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by teebell999(m): 7:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
Beninese-American Actor, Djimon Hounsou -quietly arrived Lagos, Nigeria on December 4, 2016. The 52-year-old actor popularly known for his role in the movie "Blood Diamond" -has registered his displeasure concerning lots of women have lost their husbands to Boko Haram and the military...

He shared the below via Facebook;

While I was in #Maiduguri, in North East #Nigeria, I went to a nearby village called Jakana. Here I was reminded that Boko Haram isn't the only side in this conflict. I met a woman there whose husband was arrested by the military two years ago. She hasn't heard from him since. And now her and the children do not have enough to eat. Yagana isn't alone. Thousands of women have lost their husbands to Boko Haram and the military. It saddened me to see so many women that are left to care for their children.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1240240532679936&substory_index=0&id=306551849382147

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/american-actor-djimon-hounsou-condemns.html

Who your story epp?
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Wolexdey(m): 8:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
yomi007k:

grin

U must be a pregnant male I suppose.
Oh! I am pregnant with The Love of GOD for fellow humans...
Hope you can easily relate with that Mr?
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Bhuldoxxa(m): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
Daslim180:
That is Nigeria for you..... The Government is weak.

Please check your facts. Even Almighty America has committed war crimes. They have rape a good number of women in Japan and elsewhere.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by uzolexis(f): 10:10pm On Dec 16, 2016
three:
the question is who stands to profit from all this? BH? NA? Nigeria? The People in Maiduguri and other war ravaged settlements?

the arms dealers
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Jdesilentkiller(m): 10:17pm On Dec 16, 2016
vodutive:
did it ever occur to the man that the woman's husband is a Boko haram member arrested by the army?
My brother just allow the idiot propagate his ignorance.... Does it ever occur to celebrities that they don't know anything about security?
He met a woman crying that military took her husband..... What about the women that their husbands were slaughtered by the insurgents... In their presence... Did he meet them??
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by decatalyst(m): 11:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
davidif:

Angolan? Isn't he from Benin Republic?
Talking about the script he read an acted
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by decatalyst(m): 11:21pm On Dec 16, 2016
Talk2Bella:

Angola ke shocked

Angola ke

Talking about the script he read n acted....blood diamond

1 Like

Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Rockyrascal(m): 11:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
Righteous555:
who e epp?? why e no come fight bokoharam by himself......

undecided

Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by africandollar: 11:29pm On Dec 16, 2016
Wetin concern this one now? You never help your own Beninoise people na Nigeria you come dey waka come? My guy shift and face ya own first. Do you even know what is going on in Nigeria before you start opening your mouth anyhow? No allow me lose the little respect wey I get for you o.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Talk2Bella(f): 11:42pm On Dec 16, 2016
decatalyst:

Talking about the script he read n acted....blood diamond

Alright smiley
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by mmsen: 12:15am On Dec 17, 2016
Jidibia:

Ok. noted but you must be a poor student of history. Please go and do a thorough research on what led to the civil war b4 u spew trash on public forum.

If you want to talk about Ironsi, Nzeogwu and the other idiots in the military then do so.

That does not excuse the Northern masses going on a killing spree.

It's not as if the 1960s was the last time that happened either.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 17, 2016
hopeforcharles:
(He is an Angolan) Nairalanders and busy bodies have been quoting me it's okay guys he is from Benin,
He should know how these wars things go, I pray God sends help to these women,
By the way I like his movies in Blood diamond and Fast and furious 7.

As well as Gladiator, Guardians of the galaxy, Tarzan 2016, How to Train your dargon, Baggage claim, etc...
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by VajanahDischaj(f): 3:05am On Dec 17, 2016
this killer? mtcheww. he has also killed ppl in all the movies I have watched him feature.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by adegeye38(m): 6:41am On Dec 17, 2016
three:

The corrupt entities
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by UuzbaGuuzba: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2016
three:

Devil is the one profiting. That is why the war will not end.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by davidif: 7:41am On Dec 17, 2016
vodutive:

Tell that to the families of the 20,000 people who's family members have been killed by BH and will never come back. At least she knows where her husband is, if he is innocent one day they will release him. EFCC will not arrest you if you haven't done anything shady similarly Army will not arrest you unless they have reason to think her husband is involved in BH one way or another.

When BH say they want some of their members in detention released in exchange for Chibok girls, who do you think they are talking about? I bet you it is people like her husband.

Since when was it Economic and Financial Crimes Commissions job to investigate Boko Haram?

Also, if was arrested? why hasn't been tried yet? You don't lock someone in jail because of suspicion. You investigate, prosecute and if they are found guilty then they face the consequences. You don't just round up people, lock them in jail and throw away the keys.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 17, 2016
PrettyCrystal:
Beninese-American Actor, Djimon Hounsou -quietly arrived Lagos, Nigeria on December 4, 2016. The 52-year-old actor popularly known for his role in the movie "Blood Diamond" -has registered his displeasure concerning lots of women have lost their husbands to Boko Haram and the military...

He shared the below via Facebook;

While I was in #Maiduguri, in North East #Nigeria, I went to a nearby village called Jakana. Here I was reminded that Boko Haram isn't the only side in this conflict. I met a woman there whose husband was arrested by the military two years ago. She hasn't heard from him since. And now her and the children do not have enough to eat. Yagana isn't alone. Thousands of women have lost their husbands to Boko Haram and the military. It saddened me to see so many women that are left to care for their children.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1240240532679936&substory_index=0&id=306551849382147

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2016/12/american-actor-djimon-hounsou-condemns.html
Mr Jimoh, this isn't Hollywood ooh. If you want to render help, better donate to the IDPs instead of ranting bunkum. You may have to invite your ex-millionaire wife, kimora Lee Simons to help give a new lease of life to the displaced innocent people of the North East. If you can't do either of these, please go back to your home in cotonou via Nigeria border now,now!
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 17, 2016
davidif:

Since when was it Economic and Financial Crimes Commissions job to investigate Boko Haram?

Also, if was arrested? why hasn't been tried yet? You don't lock someone in jail because of suspicion. You investigate, prosecute and if they are found guilty then they face the consequences. You don't just round up people, lock them in jail and throw away the keys.

regarding EFCC don't be stoopid, do you understand what an analogy is?

as regards arrest, go and ask Obama and the country that "dashed you human rights" that you are following like Mugus why terrorist suspects are still locked up without trial at Guatanamo bay 15 years after 9/11. Even they know you don't deal with terrorist the same way you deal with normal war captives
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Faculty14(m): 12:35pm On Dec 17, 2016
one of favorite black actor very tough in movies..has zero tolerance for bullshit
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Jaqenhghar: 5:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
decatalyst:
I beg! undecided

Can he explain what happened in Angola to the latter detail?

In war, so many sides suffers casualities not because they deserve to die or go hungry but because they are victims of circumstances.

It's a fact that atrocities has been committed by govt forces n BH but, does he know the atrocities committed by supposedly patriotic citizens?
Nigger shut your bítch ass up. Its easier to blame patriotic citizens because they can't defend themselves. They are the ones who bear the brunt of your frustrations. The real architects of your wahala are the ones you protect
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by decatalyst(m): 5:57pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Nigger shut your bítch ass up. Its easier to blame patriotic citizens because they can't defend themselves. They are the ones who bear the brunt of your frustrations. The real architects of your wahala are the ones you protect

You must be an ill trained slowpoke.

Social media dey give strength to so many slowpokes, true true.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Jaqenhghar: 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2019
decatalyst:

You must be an ill trained slowpoke.

Social media dey give strength to so many slowpokes, true true.
Same way your backups dey give you strength. Swine.
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by decatalyst(m): 7:04pm On Oct 26, 2019
Jaqenhghar:

Same way your backups dey give you strength. Swine.

Say that to your folks you ignoramus!
Re: Djimon Hounsou Condemns Boko Haram & Nigerian Military After Visit To Borno.PICS by Jaqenhghar: 7:43pm On Oct 26, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wizkid Makes U-turn, Denies Mocking Davido, Chioma / Toolz Oniru & Tunde Demuren’s Introduction Ceremony (Photos) / Toolz Rocks Cleavage-Baring Outfit To Davido 02 Arena Concert, Shares Hot Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.