Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,427 members, 7,974,751 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:36 AM

Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel (689 Views)

2000 Sienna Rattling, Creaking, Clanging and squeaking Sound fix with pic / See The Fastest RWD (rear Wheel Drive) Car In The World / Rear Wheel Hub For Toyota Matrix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel by Kaydeexotic(m): 12:14am On Dec 17, 2016
Good morning All,

Got a repeating problem w/ left rear wheel bearing of my 2000 Honda Odyssey that squeaks not metal-to-metal. Its rythmic with rotation and the beat slows as rotation slows. Hear it mostly (at least at first when slowing to stop.....
I don't want to just take it to Kazeem to help me check it... I'd like to consult my family here on Nairaland first

GAZZUZZ
IKENNA
HONMUSA
NUREY
KINGREIGN
And other gurus in the house cry cry cry
Re: Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel by lonelydora: 4:40am On Dec 17, 2016
Check your wheel Hub. The bearing may be bad.

1 Like

Re: Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel by Kaydeexotic(m): 5:12am On Dec 17, 2016
lonelydora:
Check your wheel Hub. The bearing may be bad.
Thanks a lot for your contribution... smiley smiley
Re: Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel by lonelydora: 5:24am On Dec 17, 2016
Kaydeexotic:

Thanks a lot for your contribution... smiley smiley

Check also your brake pad, brake disc.

1 Like

Re: Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel by nurey(m): 6:55am On Dec 17, 2016
You still need the services of a mechanic physically as we can't digitally decipher the problem.

If you have checked the wheel and see nothing, if the brakes are drum rather than pads, the drum assembly could have loosen, hence the sound you are hearing. But take it to a trusted mechanic and test drive with him, he will know what to do
Re: Squeaking Sound From Left Rear Wheel by Kaydeexotic(m): 11:52am On Dec 17, 2016
nurey:
You still need the services of a mechanic physically as we can't digitally decipher the problem.

If you have checked the wheel and see nothing, if the brakes are drum rather than pads, the drum assembly could have loosen, hence the sound you are hearing. But take it to a trusted mechanic and test drive with him, he will know what to do
Thanks so much my Oga.. .I'll do as you've said

(1) (Reply)

V6 Engine (pics) / New Mercedes 4matic 550 2015 Model For Sale! / Auto Transport | Cat Transport | Auto Shipping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.