Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,790 members, 7,886,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 10:39 PM

Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? (15624 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Maryam Abacha & Her Daughters In Aso Rock (Throwback Pic) / Maryam Babangida And Princes Diana [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by KukuraontheMove(m): 12:32am On Nov 17, 2009
Mike Oscar pls let the discussion flow. Stop the hypocrisy
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Hesperus(m): 12:37am On Nov 17, 2009
Kukura on the Move:

A society that does not provide repercussions and commendations for actions taken while alive is doomed to implode as we can see in Nigeria. Someone actually stole youir resources and messed up up an entire country and people whio are supposed to be enlightened are here defending them? Whats wrong with you all? Whats our health system like? Education? The officers killed in the Hercules aircraft crash and their families living without appropriate compensation? What system do we have for righting wrongs? Where is Dele Giwa? Do we know what happened to his children? Who took care of them? You come here and wax spiritual about life and death happening to us all! Hypocrisy!!!!!

There seems to a latent waiting or holding position to justify selfish decadent actions of an equally decadent elite or ruling and thieving class just because you or someone you know may get there soon and you dont want to spoil or jeopardise your chances! Juxtapose nigeria's resources and our potentials and look at what or where we are right now. We should look for an evil forest and throw their rotten corpses there! Can anyone remember on the day the bastard was handing over or "stepping aside", w[b]hat Marymam was saying on air not knowing that the mike was picking her voice? No!!! Of course not! Selective Memory![/b]
WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU ALL Nonsense

@Kukura, please can you tell? I honestly dont know, I was too young to grasp anything then! Thanks.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by youngproffesor: 12:40am On Nov 17, 2009
@busta & others abroad,it seems u dont know how hard life is over here in naija & our fmr leaders failed 2 provide d foundation,my area has bn witout electricity 4 more dan a year now,roads r deplorable-av u passed d benin-ore road,pple die regularly cos d health centres r comatose,d only 4 refineries r nt functioning,while singapore wit no crude oil has more dan 70 refineries,i graduated wit a 1st class grade(distinction) in pet &gas proc. engr. Tech. frm pet. Training inst. in warri,& where r d oil jobs?,instead of passing insults 2 1 another,lets brainstorm 4 a revolution &think of how 2 come bk &join forces wit likeminds over hia 2 build d naija of our dreams
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 17, 2009
I personally do not and will never wish the IBBs well and I will never apologise for feeling that way. As far as I'm concerned she no go die well sef.
There's this thing called LEGACY and it's the reason why we are supposed to live good lives. Fact is Maryam's legacy leaves a sour taste in the mouth. If folks suddenly want make a saint of Maryam because she's dead or dying goodluck to them, as for me I refuse to be that politically or theologically correct
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by mikesleek(m): 1:19am On Nov 17, 2009
I've read all these comments and one thing is still clear to me, and that is a majority of Nigerians are still God fearing and kind hearted. Many have acknowledged IBB's imperfections but still feel sorry for Maryam. How i wish IBB was of a similar ilk like the pple who now feel sorry for him and his family in the hour of need but be that as it may, the problem with Nigeria today is that we cannot separate our emotions and religion from real facts,  i can't believe that this same Babangida family are about to be made what, National Heroes? What happened to dele giwa, Abiola, the syudents and protesters during June 12 crisis, Gen Maman, if you can remember him? they suffered and were killed under the watching eyes of the General. As earlier stated, we all know how these people turned Nigeria into their personal family stuff which is one of the very good reasons why most of those in diaspora are there. A baby as old as Nigeria that has not stated making decisions for himself is definately suffering from a major brain disfunction! That is the fact.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by malali: 1:42am On Nov 17, 2009
if ur husband was Dele Giwa
if ur father was mamman vatsa, common who has ever killed his bestman in the whole world, i dont think Hitler would do that!!!!
if ur uncle,brother or sister was in that aircraft
if you were mko abiola, his bosom friend
if you are one of the students injured,shot,killed during the IBB must go era
go to minna and see how local it is!!!!!!
how many university did he build in the world
he used the wisdom that God gave him to dupe the masses,amass infinite wealth
some of you are having pity on him,
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
MAY ALLAH PUNISH THIS DEVIL OF A MAN AND HIS ENTIRE FAMILY,
AMEN
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by stede(m): 1:56am On Nov 17, 2009
na who yan so.  she is alive ooo. enough rumour
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by idiopathic: 2:03am On Nov 17, 2009
It is utterly hypocritical for anyone to clamour for any sympathy for Ibb or his insensitive wife Maryam. She was a very powerful first lady and could have prevailed on her husband to ensure good governance, but she chose to ride the tide.
She was self indulgent preferring to be seen as glamorous rather than helping the innumerable poor in her fatherland. I can still remember the editor of an observer newspaper who was sacked because the picture of Maryam was deemed not to be 'glamorous enough'.
Dele Giwa died as a consequence of the information he had on Maryam's drug deals.
Let's not have a short memory. We need to learn from history to avoid going round in circles.
60 years after the holocause, jeweish groups are still hunting for ex-nazi officers.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by malali: 2:29am On Nov 17, 2009
60 years after the holocause, jeweish groups are still hunting for ex-nazi officers.[quote][/quote]
@idiopathic
you have a great mind
we will hunt down these people that have ruined generations
i will tell my son to beware of the babangidas
they are enemies of humanity
never to be relied on or trusted
even when they smile with a gap tooth grin
may they rot in hell!!!!!!!!
babangida if you are reading this we will celebrate when you die
maryams death is just in anticipation of urs, shocked
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by egin(m): 3:04am On Nov 17, 2009
I laugh when Nigerians talk about forgiveness and quote the Bible. Religion is one of the major problems we have right now. IBB and his group in Nigeria laid the foundation for the horrible things happening in Nigeria today. Look left and right every country is competing for development . In Nigeria one cannot even point to any good thing except that majority wants to leave and go somewhere else. Many Nigerians abroad are more or less stuck wasting away. I do not feel any pity for this family. Whatever bad thing happens to them is what they deserve. I hope somebody can provide their phone # in the US on this forum so that we can at least express our disdain and hatred for this family.
Like somebody said the Nazi's are still being haunted by the Jews for the atrocities committed 60 years ago. IBB, his family and his group should not be treated differently. Bastards!!!!!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by CyberG: 4:39am On Nov 17, 2009
For the BASTARDS praying for this walking evil. . .watch the video below:

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=6924381337553773948&ei=550BS8n5E4782gLvp73yCA&q=mamman+vatsa&hl=en#

I can't believe that Nigerians are really this daft. . .so you are praying for a man who killed 150 Army officers in a suspicious plane crash? Have you prayed for their wives, children and relatives? How about the millions in Nigeria today whose destiny is lost as a result of this evil. God punish you all evil people praying for evil.

Maryam, you and your husband will have a taste of the medicine you dished out to Gani, Vatsa, Dele Giwa, and the several thousands of people that are not even named!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by malali: 5:09am On Nov 17, 2009
killed dele giwa
killed vatsa
killed military officers hercules C130
killed students
maimed students
trafficked drugs
sodomized military officers
drug baronish
voodooist
ritualist
tin pot god
dictator
kidnapper

MAY YOU DIE SLOW DEATH
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by SweetT1: 5:44am On Nov 17, 2009
As a christian, it is extremely hard to forgive a man like Ibrahim Gbadamosi Babbangida. This man hurt millions of innocent men,women,children,old or young. I bet he thought he could rule forever. I wish this evil-minded man can read a forum like Nairaland and see what average Nigerians think of him, i claasify IBB worse than Mobutu Sese seko 'cause atleast Mobutu has paid for his crimes. Thinking of all the bad things and all the opportunity to make Nigeria great that IBB threw away, i'm closed to tears. This is the man that introduced 419 to our beloved country, there were crimes in Nigeria before IBB came but they were  thousand-fold worse by the time he left Aso rock. He has too many people's blood in his hands. I wish IBB can see how average Nigerians feel about him but i'm afraid that people like him only hangs around Nigerians who tell them lies. Mariam, personally i wish you well but i'm sure that you know that "No evil shall go unpurnished".
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Abuloma80(f): 10:23am On Nov 17, 2009
She, I, You, Them & Others "KULLU NAFSI ZA'IKATUL MAUT" (EVERY SOUL SHALL HAVE A TASTE OF DEATH). If she is, may God forgive her short comings, if she is not, wish her a speedy recovery, amin.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by ajilete(f): 11:01am On Nov 17, 2009
It has been confirmed by the family who issued a statement this morning that Maryam Babangida is alive.

Personally i do not have much sympathy for the Babangidas. IBB has personally been responsible for  a lot of the mess that this country is in today.IBB reign was the beginning of mega bribries and wholesale corruption.It was during his reign that public officers realised that  they can get away with murder; anything.Have people forgotten the june 12 debacle? Those innocent military men that crashed to their death in suspicious circumstances? Dele Giwa? Vatsa? the 52-room hilltop mansion?unfortunately Maryam portrayed herself as an unrepentant glamazon even when people were suffering immensely. There didnt seem to be any empathy on her part. When those soldiers died at theier burial in Abuja she still wore her designer dudes like she was foing to a fashion show, instead of really sharing the grief of those poor widows, it seemed so tactless and insensitive.And remember that award she got in London, taking hundreds of jobless nigerian women to sing her praises when the other recipient, that Kenyan lady whose name escapes me came in her simple adire and ankara, Maryam got her jewels from De Veers and wore designer dudes! they treated Nigeria like their personal fifedom! while i sympathise with any womans suffering it is hard to forget that maybe things could have been very different if someone had ruled with intergrity and a conscience.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by nathaba: 11:08am On Nov 17, 2009
If it's true, may her soul rest in perfect peace and also Babangida should take it like that he should beleave that is from GOD.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by yjay(f): 11:40am On Nov 17, 2009
heard she isnt dead yet but this just goes to show that indeed there is a GOD & evil deeds ve a way of catching up,
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by nathaba: 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2009
In fact the man so call Babangida now need to go secretly an beg God for all the evil doing that he did in the past and fast for 365 days, after that he need to visit Nigeria T V station to beging all the Nigerian citizen.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by babalawo(m): 4:34pm On Nov 17, 2009
lie lie people
She will surely die but I pray a vey slow and painful death for her and her generations and may brimestone welcome her to hell fire
I pray God will grant all the Nigerians that died b4 her 5 mins to deal with her.I can see Dele Giwa waiting go give her a knock on the head and Abiola slapping her from the back and many more,
Forgive ko forgive ni, I lost my best friend last year because there was no Oxygen again in the local hospital here in 9ja now they think they can run to UCLA and use the tax payers money that has been judiciously utilized in the US to save themselves? ce ne pa possible
Pains pains immeasurable on all the Babagidas.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by hbrednic: 6:54pm On Nov 17, 2009
CyberG:

For the BASTARDS praying for this walking evil. . .watch the video below:
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=6924381337553773948&ei=550BS8n5E4782gLvp73yCA&q=mamman+vatsa&hl=en#
thanks 4 the video link.
it is only an slowpoke that will frame up his best friend,shot him to dead and have acid thrown on his dead body.
while some idiots are talking of forgiveness.
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by emmyigbodo: 5:24am On Nov 18, 2009
Actually it is true that she is dead may her soul rest in peace
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by AWD(m): 9:15am On Nov 18, 2009
o! she is! hiss,
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Nezan(m): 11:52am On Nov 18, 2009
Naija and deadly rumours grin
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by Libido(m): 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2009
Arkinses,You do NOT know the meaning of heartlessness,If you think Nairalanders are heartless because they are commenting about their feelings,THEN,PRAY,TELL US how you would describe the looting and raping of our resources by our non-chalant leaders,with the attendant consequence of under-development ?
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by KukuraontheMove(m): 7:18pm On Nov 29, 2009
@hbrednic
Thx for the video. The widow asked a question-dont we have nigerians or is that they are now daft or what? We are cursed with a bunch of cowards called Nigerians and this platform is also filled with an excessive amount of them who dont have the guts to say it like it is, buffoons!!!!!
In more responsible places, none of them-people in anyway connected with the Babangida disease-would be able to open thier mouths in public?
Wishing her perfect peaceIdiots and fools!!!!
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by adconline(m): 7:55pm On Nov 29, 2009
May her soul rest in perfect peace. We may have some reservation for Babangida because of his style of leadership or what he did and did not do when in political power. He however and his family remains human being created by the Almighty GOD to live and die at the appointed time. Everyone will DIE. So keep your grudges aside and pray for the soul of the departed one (that is, if it is true!!!). You people should use this opportunity to reflect on life and your activities. We are all in transition and everything in life is temporary. If you like do good or bad, you shall soon transit like those before you. Though how one live determine what people speak upon his or her death, Maryam has no fault except being the wife of a military ruler whom many see as as not doing things right when in power. God bless her soul. Just confirmed she is actaully dead, one of her relative just confirmed. GOD GIVETH GOD TAKETH, IBB TAKE HEART, though I may not like your style or some of the things you did while in power, but death is a leveller

Dumbest post of the year. After all Hitler was created by God Almighty. Likes of IBB and his family made God to regret ever creating man
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by KukuraontheMove(m): 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Hesperus-"please can you tell? I honestly dont know, I was too young to grasp anything then! Thanks."

Yes I can tell. I was old enough to hear and old enough to participate in the demonstration in school. Educated enough to know the implications of his and the bitch's profligacy and, yes, enough of a struggler to know what simple electricity could have done in providing employment and peace and development.
A technical fault or mistake at the event opf the "stepping aside" made us to hear the angry rantings of a woman who was concerned with just her glamourous life and not her role as a national mother by virtue of the fact that she was also a mother and a wife to the dictator.

People like you who ask such rhetorical questions should be careful as your cover is too easily recognized for what it is. You want to tell me that you dont know what is going on and who caused it?
I can say more, but I should let be , for now
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by braine(m): 2:10am On Nov 30, 2009
Sorry Mr. Adconline! Shes alive
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by braine(m): 2:10am On Nov 30, 2009
Sorry Mr. Adconline! Shes alive
Re: Is Maryam Babangida Really Dead? by jamseyboyy(m): 2:48pm On Dec 27, 2009
Confirmed on Saharareporters she died today, R.I.P Maryam Babangida

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

Onnoghen’s Trial: FG Filed Charges Before We Concluded Investigation – CCB Offic / Election Petition: INEC, Buhari, APC Seek Suspension Of Tribunal’s Proceedings, / Saraki: Buhari Should Listen, Bandits Don’t Kill Along Party Lines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.