Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,798 members, 7,915,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 08 August 2024 at 07:42 PM

Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ (1410 Views)

Fashola To Discos: Nobody Forced You To Buy Power Assets / 2015 Election: How Chidoka, Adoke, Dudafa Convinced Jonathan to Concede Victory / Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by klanny: 10:37pm On Dec 17, 2016
Contrary to the initial claims by some Nigerians that GEJ was pressured to concede defeat during the 2015 general elections, the former president said on Saturday that he took the decision out of his own volition devoid of any pressure or persuasion.
He made the statement in a speech at Bingham University Nasarawa state, where he alongside former military Head of state Yakubu Gowon were conferred with honourary doctorate degrees.
He said he took the decision to save the nation from state of anarchy that would have ensued after the elections saying no one’s political ambition worth the blood of any Nigerian.

In his words, ‘’It is my belief that no one’s political ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian. And I am fulfilled knowing that my conceding while the votes were still being compiled, which was born out of my personal principles and convictions, is generating positive impact in other nations. .
Let me make it clear, that I was not persuaded to do so by anyone within or outside the country. I know it was the right thing to do. My mantra “my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian” is my vow. It was not just a political slogan. .
One of the reason I convened the 2014 National Conference was to come up with a polity devoid of tension and crisis. A polity that will bring unity to this country. A polity that will not divide us along tribal, ethnic or religious lines."

http://www.klannyblog.com/2016/12/nobody-forced-me-to-concede-electoral.html

1 Share

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by MONITZ: 10:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
To some extent, u practised wat u preached even though u had ur Achilles heel in other areas.For example ur mantra "my ambition is not worth the blood of any Nigerian ",u followed to the letter indeed nd not like other politicians who say sth bt do another thing entirely, if these sets of politician say a good morning to u, u will really need a clock to confirm if actually it's morning...
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by moshmusth(m): 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2016
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by Splashme: 11:22pm On Dec 17, 2016

Lies have a lifespan.
Someday, truth shall surely prevail.

May God bless you GEJ!!

Xxxx

3 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by Heavance(m): 11:38pm On Dec 17, 2016
I know my opinion doesn't count, but thank you all the same for saving the country from a worse name than the present one.
Thank you Sir for not making the country be at war, only God knows who would gave died (friends/families you and i don't know could have been affected) if he decided to be greedy.
All the same, thank you.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 11:41pm On Dec 17, 2016
Cheap lies we. All remember the money shared by Dasuki was for your "ambition" and indirectly it spilled a lot of blood of our soldiers and others. We remember events in Ekiti, Commissioner Mbu and so on.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by mykeljosef: 12:52am On Dec 18, 2016
gej the greatest president Nigeria ever had ..

so sad he had people like amaechi n co who were only bent on seeing him fail rather than grow the country as govenors

see the effect of them as ministers now

6 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by citizenY(m): 2:31am On Dec 18, 2016
Look this man.... Wey I drive Commot with my vote.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by Smart78(m): 2:46am On Dec 18, 2016
God Bless Gej a thousand fold!! Amen........... Ged was president of and for the whole nation but Pmb is the president of arewa only!!! Can pmb appoint an igbo man as head of inec the way ged appointed a fulani as head

2 Likes

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by Aufbauh(m): 3:05am On Dec 18, 2016
Does it really matter what persuaded you?
The most important thing is that we do not continue with your clueless corrupt regime.

Police arrested me or i was invited by the police connotes the same implications and have same destination.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by collitexnaira(m): 5:15am On Dec 18, 2016
We know you wanted peace to reign, unlike Buhari, he has already given his blood sucking almajiries orders to unleash terror should he loose

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:28am On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Cheap lies we. All remember the money shared by Dasuki was for your "ambition" and indirectly it spilled a lot of blood of our soldiers and others. We remember events in Ekiti, Commissioner Mbu and so on.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 5:28am On Dec 18, 2016
Aufbauh:
Does it really matter what persuaded you?
The most important thing is that we do not continue with your clueless corrupt regime.

Police arrested me or i was invited by the police connotes the same implications and have same destination.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by sekundosekundo: 6:00am On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:

Stop crying, tell us the change you've brought. We agree with you that he was a bad President, tell us what you have done better.

Cc, NgeneUkwenu, Omenka, Sarrki, Buhari and APC.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by klanny: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2016
And you did that on purpose?
citizenY:
Look this man.... Wey I drive Commot with my vote.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 8:22am On Dec 18, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Stop crying, tell us the change you've brought. We agree with you that he was a bad President, tell us what you have done better.

Cc, NgeneUkwenu, Omenka, Sarrki, Buhari and APC.
You see your reasoning is warped. Not everyone is partisan and that is the problem with you folk. I am not a Buhari supporter or fan. It is not logical to pretend that any person who is against Jonathan must be for Buhari.
I am not a politician just an ordinary Nigerian and we all witnesses to Jonathan's government. He was desperate for power but he was soundly rejected.The fact that he could not use incumbency is a testament to the level of rejection. He is a human being and deserves some peace and quiet if he shuts his mouth and stops trying to rewrite history which we are all witnesses
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by sekundosekundo: 8:32am On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
You see your reasoning is warped. Not everyone is partisan and that is the problem with you folk. I am not a Buhari supporter or fan. It is not logical to pretend that any person who is against Jonathan must be for Buhari.
I am not a politician just an ordinary Nigerian and we all witnesses to Jonathan's government. He was desperate for power but he was soundly rejected.The fact that he could not use incumbency is a testament to the level of rejection. He is a human being and deserves some peace and quiet if he shuts his mouth and stops trying to rewrite history which we are all witnesses

Your second sentence speaks more about who you are. HYP.CRITE.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 8:38am On Dec 18, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Your second sentence speaks more about who you are. HYP.CRITE.

Well this thread is not about me so the childish tactic of changing the subject will not fool anyone.

This thread is about Goodluck Jonathan a hapless fellow,deal with that.

He is now trying to launder his image as a democrat when in reality he was a tyrant and a fraud who was overwhelmed by the demands of office and has made history as the first President to be kicked out by the people. He is now trying to repackage that reality
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by luvinhubby(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:

Leave long stories and tell us just one thing that Buhari has done better than GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by blazetitov: 9:11am On Dec 18, 2016
He should advice his political son Wike to tow his line and stop the violence in Rivers.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

Leave long stories and tell us just one thing that Buhari has done better than GEJ.
I am not Buhari's brother. We will vote him out in 2019 too.

Stop changing the topic. We are talking about Jonathan here

The response to Jonathan's egregious reign is not to mention Buhari.

So Jonathan was bad because he knew Buhari will be bad too?
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by luvinhubby(m): 9:19am On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
I am not Buhari's brother. We will vote him out in 2019 too.

Stop changing the topic. We are talking about Jonathan here

I mentioned Jonathan in my post, just one thing is all i ask for.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

I mentioned Jonathan in my post, just one thing is all i ask for.
It is not relevant

We are talking about Jonathan's claim that no one's blood was worth his ambition.

Many people died BECAUSE of his ambition
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by morbeta(m): 9:25am On Dec 18, 2016
Jonathan and his recent Hollywood appearance these days is laughable, anyone that is in direct contact with this man should advice him to stay of politics for now.

He is not good at it. Too much of public show up will soon become boring...
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by luvinhubby(m): 9:25am On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
It is not relevant

We are talking about Jonathan's claim that no one's blood was worth his ambituion.

Many people died BECAUSE of his ambition

Ngwanu...keep quiet since you have no data to present.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2016
luvinhubby:

Ngwanu...keep quiet since you have no data to present.
Tell your father to keep quiet
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by Funlordjnr: 9:30am On Dec 18, 2016
The loss still dey pain this buffoon even after almost 2 years! ....Jona sharrap abeg!

grin
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by sekundosekundo: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Well this thread is not about me so the childish tactic of changing the subject will not fool anyone.

This thread is about Goodluck Jonathan a hapless fellow,deal with that.

He is now trying to launder his image as a democrat when in reality he was a tyrant and a fraud who was overwhelmed by the demands of office and has made history as the first President to be kicked out by the people. He is now trying to repackage that reality

And you voted an unrepentant DICTATOR who his principal wrote a letter of recommendation for the Army to recruit him with a promise that he'll come back to complete his primary education and write WAEC and he didn't return to do so. A man that cannot keep to his promises, even his wife is fade up with him. A man that overthrew democratically elected government and return Nigeria to military rule which gave room for the likes of Abacha and IBB and this is how deadly corruption entered Nigeria and today he said he's fighting corruption and under his watch, over #200mil was used to clear grass in NE. A man that assembled criminals and call them saints. A man that failed all the military examinations. A man that said that Abacha didn't steal Nigerian money. Buhari is his name and only CLOWNS supports him.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by maclatunji: 1:55pm On Dec 18, 2016
We remember Orubebe's stunt and also have reports that you created and even named 'Nigerdelta Avengers'. However, when you realized that you were going to get the Gbagbo treatment, you got scared and made that historic call thereby leaving your acolytes confused.

Mr. Jonathan go and live your life quietly for the more you try to present yourself as a hero trying to make a comeback, the more of your misdemeanours will become public with many of them having criminal implications.

Let sleeping dogs lie.

1 Like

Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2016
sekundosekundo:

And you voted an unrepentant DICTATOR who his principal wrote a letter of recommendation for the Army to recruit him with a promise that he'll come back to complete his primary education and write WAEC and he didn't return to do so. A man that cannot keep to his promises, even his wife is fade up with him. A man that overthrew democratically elected government and return Nigeria to military rule which gave room for the likes of Abacha and IBB and this is how deadly corruption entered Nigeria and today he said he's fighting corruption and under his watch, over #200mil was used to clear grass in NE. A man that assembled criminals and call them saints. A man that failed all the military examinations. A man that said that Abacha didn't steal Nigerian money. Buhari is his name and only CLOWNS supports him.
Changing the subject won't work.
Who I voted for is NOT RELEVANT..I agree with EVERYTHING you say about Buhari but it has nothing to do with the topic here. The issue is Jonathan's claim that he believes his ambition was not worth spilling blood for.That is a lie and is not borne out by his actions/behaviour.
That is the topic of discussion
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by sekundosekundo: 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Changing the subject won't work.
Who I voted for is NOT RELEVANT..I agree with EVERYTHING you say about Buhari but it has nothing to do with the topic here. The issue is Jonathan's claim that he believes his ambition was not worth spilling blood for.That is a lie and is not borne out by his actions/behaviour.
That is the topic of discussion

Your dictator cannot do what GEJ did, it takes a real man to do so and there's no REAL MAN in your dictator. Kiss The Truth.
Re: Nobody Forced Me To Concede Electoral Victory To Buhari - GEJ by omonnakoda: 2:43pm On Dec 18, 2016
sekundosekundo:

Your dictator cannot do what GEJ did, it takes a real man to do so and there's no REAL MAN in your dictator. Kiss The Truth.
Did Jonathan hand over because of his "principle" and desire not to shed blood

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sherriff Will End Up Working For APC – Gov Ganduje / Nigeria's Looming Power Tussle / Dino Prepared This For His Yoruba Detractors..come Take It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.