Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,769 members, 7,879,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:39 PM

7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing (8916 Views)

7 Types Of Guys You Shouldn’t Be With In 2019 / Valentine: 7 Types Of Undergraduates You Will See On Campus On February 14 / Guys: 7 Types Of Women That Will Give You The Greatest Headaches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by ikbnice(m): 7:11am On Dec 18, 2016
Prayer is the powerful spiritual weapon given to us by God. Jesus said you should always pray and never despair. These 7 prayers will enable you to get healing and victory from the Lord.
1. Prayer for self-care:

You do need to take good care of your body,
as it is the temple of God. Ask the Lord to
help you in this and thank Him for all the
blessings first. Then list your needs. Those
might be the money for medical checkups,
teeth care, etc. Ask God to provide you with
everything you need for life and happiness.

2. When you are in pain:
“Dear God, It hurts so bad. Dull the pain with
Your love. Blur the sharp edges by reminding me
that from bad comes good. Help me appreciate
that after the sorrow, joy is sweeter. I look
forward to better times. I can endure anything
with You by my side. Amen.”

You may use this prayer to help you get the
power from heaven and heal your body and
soul.

3. Prayer for mercy:
God’s mercy exalts over the justice. When the
justice was ready to hang you, the mercy cut
the rope. So, pray for yourself and for others
to see His mercy every day, because this is
why we are still alive.

4. Prayer for peace:
"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen."

This beautiful prayer was created by Saint
Francis. Use it to be the tool of God.

5. Thank you prayer for friends:
Friends can be our blessings. And such
relations come from the Lord. So, take some
time to thank Him for these special people
and ask for the positive change and blessing
into their lives.

6. Prayer for grace:
“Dear God, My life is a mess and I don't want to live this way anymore. Give me the grace to
overcome my sloppy habits. Help me by showing me the strength I already have is all I need to change. Amen.”

By the grace of God, we are who we are. It has
the real life changing and healing power it in.

7. Prayer for self-worth:
Jesus said: love your neighbor as yourself. It
means we need to learn to love and respect
ourselves before we can love others. Pray to
the Lord to show you all the investments He
has made into you. Ask Him to show His
character and traits in you. And thank Him
sincerely for who you are.

Have a wonderful Sunday
cc lalasticlala, mynd44

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by XXLDICK(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2016
Prayer never works. If it does work, Nigeria would have been a great country after all the numerous churches in every nook and cranny, long durations of prayers...

5 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2016
Seen!

I am something, i ran away with peoples money ... who am i? grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by adexsimply(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2016
If only prayer were effective

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by VickyRotex(f): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2016
Kolorun Gbo Adura wa! Amin!

James 5:16

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective."

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Joyce28(f): 7:16am On Dec 18, 2016
Always pray even @ur busy time
Happy
Sunday
everyone wink
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Dongreat(m): 7:16am On Dec 18, 2016
adexsimply:
If only prayer were effective

It's effective just that the people praying are leaving two lives, both of which are filthy. You don't pray to a God to satisfy your greed and selfishness. Most Nigerians don't pray for wisdom to become innovative, strength to work hard and smart, or grace to use their brain to become productive but MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, not caring how it will come.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by sakalisis(m): 7:17am On Dec 18, 2016
Ok
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Kondomatic(m): 7:17am On Dec 18, 2016
Bro. You are created in God's likeness. God is almighty so you should at least be mighty because you are his image.

Why should I pray the ......... Prayer for self-care when the step by step guides on how to care for both my physical self and inner self are written in the bible?

Why should I pray the ......... Prayer for peace when I already know what it takes to be a peaceful person?

Why should I pray the ......... Prayer for self-worth when it is something that I can work on and come out with beautiful testimony?

I don't get what you mean by when you're in pain, if it is physical pain then I will go to a hospital and get myself treated. Jesus wasn't kidding when he made a doctor an apostle.

But if it is psychological as in trauma or something like that then maybe I may need a little prayer, good counselling etc.

Faith without work is nothing and we sometimes rely unreasonably on prayer when a little effort from us can get us out of our problem.

Some prayer points these days makes the unbelievers question our sanity.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by adexsimply(m): 7:18am On Dec 18, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Seen!

A thief

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by SIRKOL(m): 7:18am On Dec 18, 2016
Thank God for these prayers. If only we still have youths who are willing to cry to God for mercy upon the world for the sort of immorality going on in our world today, I doubt if God has not turned His back on this generation
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by seunlly(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2016
Some people think prayer is not effective;
buh I will tell u today prayer is The most effective commutation BTW you and Your God becos if u abide with the laws of your God and pray The way he teaches u. I'm sure your prayer will be answered.
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by sakalisis(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2016
Hmm
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by ikbnice(m): 7:20am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:
Prayer never works. If it does work, Nigeria would have been a great country after all the numerous churches in every nook and cranny, long durations of prayers...
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Proffdada: 7:23am On Dec 18, 2016
XXLDICK:
if prayer doesn't work you will be at the cemetery. I've been praying for people like you to live and testify the name of the Lord wink

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Nobody: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Seen!

Emu x3

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by eleburu(f): 7:25am On Dec 18, 2016
Aduraaaaaaa
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Abifavor: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2016
God love should radiate our life everyday, to help us to forgive the unforgivable, and to live has as a servants of true calling.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Ezedon(m): 7:32am On Dec 18, 2016
PRAYER FOR WISDOM UPON OUR LEADERS
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Elcapo(m): 7:34am On Dec 18, 2016
cheesy

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by modaink333: 7:35am On Dec 18, 2016
Op, number 4 shows that you are a catholic......may your days and that of nairalanders be long
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by almarthins(m): 7:36am On Dec 18, 2016
ikbnice:
Prayer is the powerful spiritual weapon given to us by God. Jesus said you should always pray and never despair. These 7 prayers will enable you to get healing and victory from the Lord.
1. Prayer for self-care:

You do need to take good care of your body,
as it is the temple of God. Ask the Lord to
help you in this and thank Him for all the
blessings first. Then list your needs. Those
might be the money for medical checkups,
teeth care, etc. Ask God to provide you with
everything you need for life and happiness.

2. When you are in pain:
“Dear God, It hurts so bad. Dull the pain with
Your love. Blur the sharp edges by reminding me
that from bad comes good. Help me appreciate
that after the sorrow, joy is sweeter. I look
forward to better times. I can endure anything
with You by my side. Amen.”

You may use this prayer to help you get the
power from heaven and heal your body and
soul.

3. Prayer for mercy:
God’s mercy exalts over the justice. When the
justice was ready to hang you, the mercy cut
the rope. So, pray for yourself and for others
to see His mercy every day, because this is
why we are still alive.

4. Prayer for peace:
"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace:
where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy.
O divine Master, grant that I may not so much
seek
to be consoled as to console,
to be understood as to understand,
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen."

This beautiful prayer was created by Saint
Francis. Use it to be the tool of God.

5. Thank you prayer for friends:
Friends can be our blessings. And such
relations come from the Lord. So, take some
time to thank Him for these special people
and ask for the positive change and blessing
into their lives.

6. Prayer for grace:
“Dear God, My life is a mess and I don't want to live this way anymore. Give me the grace to
overcome my sloppy habits. Help me by showing me the strength I already have is all I need to change. Amen.”

By the grace of God, we are who we are. It has
the real life changing and healing power it in.

7. Prayer for self-worth:
Jesus said: love your neighbor as yourself. It
means we need to learn to love and respect
ourselves before we can love others. Pray to
the Lord to show you all the investments He
has made into you. Ask Him to show His
character and traits in you. And thank Him
sincerely for who you are.

Have a wonderful Sunday
cc lalasticlala, mynd44

Back up your points with bible verses next time.
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by modaink333: 7:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Na today her work for that church finish
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Bandeco(m): 7:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Kondomatic:
Bro. You are created in God's likeness. God is almighty so you should at least be mighty because you are his image.

Why should I pray the ......... Prayer for self-care when the step by step guides on how to care for both my physical self and inner self are written in the bible?

Why should I pray the ......... Prayer for peace when I already know what it takes to be a peaceful person?

Why should I pray the ......... Prayer for self-worth when it is something that I can work on and come out with beautiful testimony?

I don't get what you mean by when you're in pain, if it is physical pain then I will go to a hospital and get myself treated. Jesus wasn't kidding when he made a doctor an apostle.

But if it is psychological as in trauma or something like that then maybe I may need a little prayer, good counselling etc.

Faith without work is nothing and we sometimes rely unreasonably on prayer when a little effort from us can get us out of our problem.

Some prayer points these days makes the unbelievers question our sanity.
Why do viruses like HIV, Ebola etc and other parasites and bacteria live off humans (God's likeness and image) causing misery and death.

Don't tell me viruses can survive and thrive inside God too

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by almarthins(m): 7:37am On Dec 18, 2016
Elcapo:
cheesy

Lol
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by segzy17: 7:38am On Dec 18, 2016
Jesus Christ had already taught us how to pray..........Which is Thy Lord prayer so there is no need for all dis............Shalom
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Bandeco(m): 7:39am On Dec 18, 2016
Proffdada:
if prayer doesn't work you will be at the cemetery. I've been praying for people like you to live and testify the name of the Lord wink
F u and prayer. Ridiculous nonsense
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by Kondomatic(m): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2016
Bandeco:

Why do viruses like HIV, Ebola etc and other parasites and bacteria live off humans (God's likeness and image) causing misery and death.

Don't tell me viruses can survive and thrive inside God too
I didn't say we are God, did I?

And you should know the answer to your question if you are a Christian but if you're not then I don't see why it should bother you...
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by ikbnice(m): 8:01am On Dec 18, 2016
almarthins:

Back up your points with bible verses next time.
noted.thanks
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by EJanni(f): 8:02am On Dec 18, 2016
fulaniHERDSman:
Seen!

MM if you put another M name you sabi. runs for cover....
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by realmindz: 8:03am On Dec 18, 2016
After saying all these prayers, check results, compare before and after and see if there is any difference.

Your actions and approaches to issues solve problems not prayers.
Re: 7 Types Of Prayers For Change And Healing by abiolafisher(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2016
[quote author=XXLDICK post=52030187] Prayer never works. If it does work, Nigeria would have been a great country after all the numerous churches in every nook and cranny, long durations of prayers...[/quote
you are very wrong, prayer does work but in other for prayer to work effectively we must be ready to take action. Action is very crucial, its like having an exam and you decided not to read and only prayed for God to help you. My brother you will fail, heaven helps those who help themselves. Happy Sunday

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Names And Their Funny/dirty Translations In Yoruba. / SAD: WhatsApp Just Banned Me — This Is What They Said [Picture] / Post Your Picture If You Think You're Beautiful/handsome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.