Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,419 members, 7,881,535 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:56 PM

How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. (2073 Views)

Arsenal Knocked Out Of The Europa League By Last Minute Away Goal / Machester United Celebrates Corper Who Saved Female Corper At Election In Rivers / "How Jose Mourinho Saved My Chelsea Career" - Didier Drogba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Explorers(m): 11:02am On Dec 18, 2016
Alan Ruschel was one of six survivors of the Chapecoense air crash.

He broke down in tears as he revealed how a last-minute seat swap before the flight took off saved his life.

Ruschel was sitting near the back of the plane when club director Cadu Gaucho asked him to move on the journey to play in the Copa Sudamericana final.

In a heartbreaking interview, the 27-year-old spoke to the press for the first time on Saturday, bursting into tears as he recalled the tragic plane crash in Colombia on November 28.

'Cadu Gaucho asked me to sit further forward and let the journalists sit together at the back,' Ruschel said at the news conference.

'I didn't want to but then I saw (Jackson) Follman and he insisted that I sit beside him,' he added.

'Only God can explain why I survived the accident.

He grabbed me and gave me a second chance.

'Ruschel was one of only six survivors on the plane, which crashed into the mountains near Medellin.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4044752/Chapecoense-player-Alan-Ruschel-breaks-tears-reveals-seat-swap-saved-life.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by madridguy(m): 11:06am On Dec 18, 2016
Ok
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Explorers(m): 11:07am On Dec 18, 2016
The disaster killed 71 people, including almost all the Chapecoense team,directors and staff.

Goalkeeper Follman, one of Ruschel's best friends in the team, also survived, but had part of his leg amputated.

He was transferred on Saturday morning via air ambulance from Sao Paulo to a hospital in the club's home city in southern Brazil.

1 Share

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Explorers(m): 11:09am On Dec 18, 2016
The pilot of the Bolivian-run LAMIA plane has been accused of taking off without enough fuel for the doomed flight.

Ruschel waved to those greeting him as he left a hospital earlier this week.

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Flexherbal(m): 11:10am On Dec 18, 2016
Thank God for his life!
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Explorers(m): 11:12am On Dec 18, 2016
'I don't remember anything about the accident,' Ruschel said at the ArenaConda, the club's stadium in Chapeco.

'When they told me what happened it seemed like a dream, a nightmare.

Little by little they've been telling me what happened and I'm starting to understand.

'I try not to speak of the accident, I avoid the news, but from the little I've seen I think it was greed on the pilot's part.

'The pilot of the Bolivian-run LAMIA plane has been accused of taking off without enough fuel for the flight.

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by sisisioge: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2016
Dear Lord in heaven...thank you!
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Explorers(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2016
Bolivian authorities has suspended the airline's operating license and replaced the management of its aviation authority to ensure a transparent investigation.

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Kondomatic(m): 11:35am On Dec 18, 2016
It can not be your time until it is your time.
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Eleniyan15: 11:40am On Dec 18, 2016
GRACE

2 Likes

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Explorers(m): 11:49am On Dec 18, 2016
Ruschel promised to return to Colombia and treat his doctors there to one of the hearty barbecue meals famous in southern Brazil.

He also pledged to visit every one of the families of his compatriots who died before returning to the small town of Chapeco and continuing with the physiotherapy he needs to get fit again.

'As a lesson, this tragedy teaches that you have to keeping living,' he said.

'Take advantage of some things and do good for others.

'When I got here today I had the sensation that I was coming home.

I promise to give lots more happiness to this team. With a lot of effort and hard work I am going to be back playing again soon.'

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Ishilove: 1:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
O God, may we not die another's death sad

1 Like

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by hahn(m): 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ishilove:
O God, may we not die another's death sad

Is this even possible?

undecided

1 Like

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by hahn(m): 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2016
Eleniyan15:
GRACE

Was responsible for ensuring the 71 people died? undecided

2 Likes

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by DEIFIED(m): 1:51pm On Dec 18, 2016
and the other man wasnt as fortunate as you, what a life.
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by DEIFIED(m): 1:53pm On Dec 18, 2016
Explorers:
The disaster killed 71 people, including almost all the Chapecoense team,directors and staff.

Goalkeeper Follman, one of Ruschel's best friends in the team, also survived, but had part of his leg amputated.

He was transferred on Saturday morning via air ambulance from Sao Paulo to a hospital in the club's home city in southern Brazil.
Water dey kill person, nah water we still dey drink, @ the bolded.

1 Like

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Ishilove: 2:01pm On Dec 18, 2016
hahn:

Is this even possible?

undecided
A lady was about board a keke in the area where I liver, another woman rushed forward and pleaded to be allowed in. She told the lady that she was late for her children's pickup from school. The lady who was 'chanced' kuku allowed her and went to look for another to board.

When the keke with the 'chanced' lady eventually moved, they had barely gone far when they beheld a crowd gathered at the bridge linking our community to the next. There had been a fatal accident with a Keke. A vehicle had swerved and knocked the keke into ravine beneath the bridge. All the souls on board perished. I've been in a keke accident before so I know how very easy it is to knock that vehicle off the its tyres.

A closer inspection revealed that it was the first one the 'chanced' lady was meant to enter that was involved in the accident. The mother who was rushing to pick her kids from school replaced her in the keke, and thus died her death.
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by hahn(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ishilove:

A lady was about board a keke in the area where I liver, another woman rushed forward and pleaded to be allowed in. She told the lady that she was late for her children's pickup from school. The lady who was 'chanced' kuku allowed her and went to look for another to board.

When the keke with the 'chanced' lady eventually moved, they had barely gone far when they beheld a crowd gathered at the bridge linking our community to the next. There had been a fatal accident with a Keke. A vehicle had swerved and knocked the keke into ravine beneath the bridge. All the souls on board perished. I've been in a keke accident before so I know how very easy it is to knock that vehicle off the its tyres.

A closer inspection revealed that it was the first one the 'chanced' lady was meant to enter that was involved in the accident. The mother who was rushing to pick her kids from school replaced her in the keke, and thus died her death.

I'd say the woman was supposed to die. Simple

You might as well go ahead and say that the person who sat on that particular spot the day before is also lucky

1 Like

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Ishilove: 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2016
hahn:

I'd say the woman was supposed to die. Simple

You might as well go ahead and say that the person who sat on that particular spot the day before is also lucky
Believe what you will. I've said my bit and i'm sticking to it wink
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by hahn(m): 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2016
Ishilove:

Does not mean it is true

Well, to each his own delusion
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Prodigee: 6:04pm On Dec 18, 2016
Wow! The guy cheated death o...mobolowowon!(in dbanj's voice)
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Odogwua: 10:44pm On Dec 18, 2016
Is it possible by any chance to honour Explorers with an award for best posts of the year?

1 Like

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Rich4god(m): 12:28am On Dec 19, 2016
Ishilove:

If the first woman entered the keke, there would have been no accident.... Its just a matter of coincidence on the part of the second woman.
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by kingreign(m): 7:22am On Dec 19, 2016
Rich4god:

If the first woman entered the keke, there would have been no accident.... Its just a matter of coincidence on the part of the second woman.

How spiritually inclined are you?
If you understand the workings of the spirit realm, you'd not say this.
There's no such thing as 'coincidence' in spirit realm, its only the manifestation of the already executed plan in spiritual realms that mortals refers to as 'coincidence'.

When a mortal is pointed out by evil spirits for 'sleep',
1, it takes the the power of that mortal's utterances,
2, his firm belief in his escape from such sleep,
3, the unyielding and strong fight if his spirit being,
4, intercessions from other mortals,
5, helping angels of that mortal or
6, The most supreme beings showing his grace to roll away such 'sleep'.

2 Likes

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by kingreign(m): 7:24am On Dec 19, 2016
hahn:

Does not mean it is true

Well, to each his own delusion

No offence bro, but you are the deluded fellow here.

2 Likes

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by ichommy(m): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2016
Wow wow wow
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Rich4god(m): 6:31pm On Dec 19, 2016
kingreign:

There's no such thing as 'coincidence' in spirit realm, its only the manifestation of the already executed plan in spiritual realms that mortals refers to as 'coincidence'.

Story....
It's called coincidence.... If the first woman entered the Keke, the Keke would have long passed that place before the car's misfortune.
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Ishilove: 8:36pm On Dec 19, 2016
kingreign:

You've said it all.

1 Like

Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by obi4eze(m): 11:27pm On Dec 19, 2016
Odogwua:
Is it possible by any chance to honour Explorers with an award for best posts of the year?
He deserves it.
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by obi4eze(m): 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
kingreign:

You too much jare!
100000000000000000000 likes
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 20, 2016
Ishilove:
You've said it all.
b
Re: How A Last-minute Seat Swap Saved My Life, Chapecoense Crash Survivor. by lazeal: 8:31am On Dec 24, 2016
Ishilove:

stop explaining anything to an atheist. It is not worth it.

(1) (Reply)

TSTV Installation / Neymar Will Never Forgive Mane / See Private Jet Parking Space For The Mega Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.