Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,615 members, 7,979,088 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:07 PM

I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens (687 Views)

Photos From Ex-niger Delta Militant Leader Tompolo's Birthday Celebration / Soldiers Kill Kareowei, Dreaded Militant Leader Who Killed UK Man In Delta / Militant Leader, Ossy Ibori Killed In Ondo (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens by kabsedokenneth(m): 7:45am On Dec 19, 2016
Israel Akpodoro (Ex-militant leader) is the President of Niger Delta Coalition of Ex-Agitators.

In a recent interview with Austin Oyibode of NAIJ.com in Abuja, he revealed the challenges he passed through during his campaign for President Buhari in the Niger Delta.
further speaking he said that the president promised him manytimes but did not fulfill any. to worsen the matter Buhari's cabals and security chiefs keep blocking his access to the President.

Below are some questions he was asked and see what he said.

During the election of 2015, what was the contribution of the ex-militants towards the emergence of President Muhammadu Buhari?

Actually, there was no ex-militant leader that could mention Buhari at that time. But I know that 75 percent of the ex-agitators were not with Jonathan but everybody was afraid.

They couldn’t say anything. I then decided that our voice must be heard. I now gathered the ex-militants, and endorsed Buhari. Immediately I did that, I started facing problems from people in the region.

They withdrew my security. Kingsley Kuku called me, threatened me, different groups of people called me using unknown numbers.

They threatened to kill me for mentioning Buhari in the region. I said no problem, I had no individual problem with anybody but Buhari is my choice and eventually we worked without support from anybody. I spent my personal money for Buhari, mobilized the ex-militants and eventually Buhari emerged President.

Now since Buhari became President of Nigeria, what has he done for the ex-militants?
Actually, Buhari has not done anything for the ex-militants. But I’m still pushing. For now am a bad person in the region for supporting Buhari. The people that I used to support Buhari, the promise I gave them that immediately Buhari becomes president, he will empower them through me has not been fulfilled. Up till now we have not seen anything from Buhari. I have become a bad person to my followers. I have also become a bad person to the region because they are all PDP. They are calling me all sorts of names, I’m a betrayers, I’m a sellout, I have sold my life to Buhari but Buhari has not done anything for me.

I’m still pushing because there is no way Buhari can run this government without carrying the ex-agitators along. The people on ground there, the ex-militants, youths need to be carried along. During Jonathan’s government, we normally meet with him. I appeal to Buhari to do the same thing.

The ex-agitators that worked for Buhari are feeling bad because to them they do not have a sense of belonging. They are thinking that Buhari hates the region. But actually, Buhari does not hate the region, the risk they took to mention Buhari at that time is going unpaid. They worked with security agents to ensure peace reigns in the region. So, we are feeling bad over the development. But that notwithstanding, I’m still appealing to the youths to give peace a chance. The government cannot do anything when you are blowing pipelines. Let them lay down their arms and wait for what Buhari will do.

Now that you have not been empowered by Buhari, how is life as an ex-agitators’ leader?
Life is very difficult. I’m facing a lot of pressure. I don’t even know where to start from. The people around the president are the ones causing this problem. They are not telling the president the truth. For supporting Buhari, I’m facing a lot of challenges. My people are in the opposition in the region. I do not know where to start from. If President Buhari continues like this, I think it’s not going to be good for the nation.

You said that you worked with the military to bring down the avengers, how were you able to do it?
Actually, even before the avengers started, I wrote several letters to the president, notifying him of the plan of the avengers. I gave the letters to the Villa's cabals. The letters were dated October 6, 2015 and January 6, 2016 but they refused to pass the letters to the president.

When the bombing started January 15, I called the avengers criminals. The people bombing the pipelines today are from one place, just the Gbaramatu Kingdom. But the government is thinking that the whole ex-agitators are supporting these avengers. Like I tell everybody who cares to listen, 75 percent of the ex-agitators are not supporting the avengers.

read full interview here https://kabsedo..com.ng/2016/12/i-am-now-seen-as-bad-person-after.html

1 Share

Re: I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens by DickTator1: 7:47am On Dec 19, 2016
Sellout
Traitor
Re: I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens by MyGeneration(m): 7:54am On Dec 19, 2016
Lies...
Re: I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens by HQuadreal: 7:55am On Dec 19, 2016
Warridis.
Re: I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens by kabsedokenneth(m): 7:55am On Dec 19, 2016
MyGeneration:
Lies...
are you sure?
Re: I Am Now Seen As A Bad Person After Supporting Buhari, Ex-militant Leader Opens by Elkay3: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2016
Is it Naij? Or is not?

(1) (Reply)

Federal Agencies Can’t Cow Me, Says Governor Wike / Pres Buhari Signs Endangered Species Control Bill Into Law / Extraordinary Poverty: Crowd Gather At Saraki's House In Kwara For Rice And N200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.