Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,206 members, 7,970,779 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 03:14 PM

Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) (3406 Views)

Ambode With Lai Mohammed, D'banj At The Flag Off Of One Lagos Fiesta - Photos / President Of World Bank, Jim Yong Kim, Commends D'banj / Why Are Most Nigerians Arrogant And Judgemental? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 18, 2009
Guess who's coming to dinner Carolina!!!!! Hahahahahaha

Bleep outta here tribalist craps. That's how music business goes. You have to talk to the artist's manager not the artist. If he goes ahead to make a song with Dr Alban his manager have the right to sue. Why are you folks acting like some primitive morons? It's not music, it's music business. Dr Alban should have picked independent Nigerian artists like Seun kuti or Femi Kuti. Now those are true talents,

Why is this here and not Music section? And we wondered why a farmer was our former president?
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Beaf: 1:16am On Nov 18, 2009
9jaganja:

Guess who's coming to dinner Carolina!!!!! Hahahahahaha

mess outta here tribalist craps. That's how music business goes. You have to talk to the artist's manager not the artist. If he goes ahead to make a song with Dr Alban his manager have the right to sue. Why are you folks acting like some primitive morons? It's not music, it's music business. Dr Alban should have picked independent Nigerian artists like Seun kuti or Femi Kuti. Now those are true talents,

Why is this here and not Music section? And we wondered why a farmer was our former president?

Speak less.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Depilot(m): 1:49am On Nov 18, 2009
http://www.naijarules.com/vb/all-music/35233-dr-alban-berates-d-banj-danfo-drivers.html

d'banj and dr alban are not age mates, neither are they mates in music .D'banj is local Dr alban is international it is a priviledge for d'banj to even sing with Dr alban.Protocol what the mess is protocol if it was ludacris or lil wayne or any american musician for that matter that is not as big as dr alban (dr alban has sold 16 million albums more than both this artists)will he have told them to follow protocol.The long and short of it is that nigerians we dont appreciate ourselves Dr alban is regarded as a legend in europe.If u fools dont believe me just go to youtube and see the millions of views he has.dr alban collects 80,000 euros per show how much does D'BANJ collect per show 2 million naira.Dr alban has not released an album in almost 7 years yet he has no less than 6 shows a month now you do the math.As an african in europe in the 90s dr alban gave the african man a good image back then when most europeans thought we were savages.So d'banj as usual is just an arrogant fool.

Nigerians as ever love to measure everything with money. I think Dr Alban needs stars like d'banj more than anything.

Dr Alban may be big and much bigger than d'banj, but if you understand how things work, you will realize that Dr Alban needs d'banj to maintain and to reach many others on the other side.
It is called, changing with time.

d'banj may be making 2 mil naira per show, but the dude is still young and 2 mil naira per show is enough for now, he has time and a complete potential to turn the 2 mil naira per show to 200 mil naira tomorrow.

Dr Alban on the other hand doesn't have much time. The possibility of his 80,000 eur per show today turning to 2,000 eur per show tomorrow is much more greater. Therefore, the Dr has no other choice, but to keep on trucking and must also use other up-coming stars (d'banj) to maintain or change with time as much as possible. Or else the Dr will be back at the emergency room.

d'banj that I know is a cool dude and very respectful.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by AloyEmeka6: 2:53am On Nov 18, 2009
Whether Dbanj is making 10 naira a show or not, e no concern una. Dr Alban is the one whining here and not Dbanj. If Dbanj likes, he can say no to Michael Jackson and he is free to do so. Dr Alban was great back in the days but not now so he should get used to the fact that nobody remains a king forever.

What will Dr Alban do for Dbanj now really?. Dr Alban's fan base are old now and will care less about Dbanj. Dbanj controls the younger people of his own generation and they will grow with him. In the next 10 years, his fans will melt away for a younger crooner unless he is very good in his career. Dr Alban should go and sit down and stop crying like a baby. Na so life be.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 9:32am On Nov 18, 2009
u have a point though
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 18, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Whether Dbanj is making 10 naira a show or not, e no concern una. Dr Alban is the one whining here and not Dbanj. If Dbanj likes, he can say no to Michael Jackson and he is free to do so. Dr Alban was great back in the days but not now so he should get used to the fact that nobody remains a king forever.

What will Dr Alban do for Dbanj now really?. Dr Alban's fan base are old now and will care less about Dbanj. Dbanj controls the younger people of his own generation and they will grow with him. In the next 10 years, his fans will melt away for a younger crooner unless he is very good in his career. Dr Alban should go and sit down and stop crying like a baby. Na so life be.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 4:40pm On Nov 18, 2009
Like i said earlier but i am not comparing them Dr Alban and Micheal Jackson.I think the comparison is justified for Dr Alban and D'banj the problem is Most Nigerians are myopic and ignorant for you to even say what you said above shows that you know nothing of the music industry in europe .sweden was at a point second only to the Usa in music Exports in the late 80s the early 1990s thank God for the internet do your reseach so sweden is not ordinary .D'banj is arrogant accept the fact, so because Mohammed Ali is fragile now and is no more a world champion does it justify anyone to disrespect him or insult him.I know Dr Alban bleeped up by going so low to approach D'banj but at least i am surprised that people are supporting this act of Arrogance and disrespect on a Legend.When 50 cent disrespected Whitney houston Americans rose up to condemn him but it is only in nigeria where we dont appreciate the sweat of our heros past will open their fucking mouth to praise D'banj.Dr Alban opened doors for D'banj whether you like it or not the Mtv Award D'banj is Making noise about happened because of the sweat of his predecessors who where on made Mtv Believe we are worth having a Channel and an award .in the late 80s when the only black person on Mtv was Micheal jackson Dr Alban broke barriers with a song Called Hello Afrika which was heavily played on Mtv as well as its my life Praising Afrika in his African Accent and AFrikan Beat not like MO hits and co copying Americans.This and Nigerian Comments supporting D'banj can make the upcoming Generation lose faith in our country as it like Nigerians are like Groupies only with when you are hot and when you are not some rat can disrespect and they open their mouth as say serves you right it sad no wonder we don't have role models and Good leaders.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Nobody: 4:47pm On Nov 18, 2009
Like i said earlier but i am not comparing them Dr Alban and Micheal Jackson.I think the comparison is justified for Dr Alban and D'banj the problem is Most Nigerians are myopic and ignorant for you to even say what you said above shows that you know nothing of the music industry in europe .sweden was at a point second only to the Usa in music Exports in the late 80s the early 1990s thank God for the internet do your reseach so sweden is not ordinary .D'banj is arrogant accept the fact, so because Mohammed Ali is fragile now and is no more a world champion does it justify anyone to disrespect him or insult him.I know Dr Alban bleeped up by going so low to approach D'banj but at least i am surprised that people are supporting this act of Arrogance and disrespect on a Legend.When 50 cent disrespected Whitney houston Americans rose up to condemn him but it is only in nigeria where we dont appreciate the sweat of our heros past will open their fucking mouth to praise D'banj.Dr Alban opened doors for D'banj whether you like it or not the Mtv Award D'banj is Making noise about happened because of the sweat of his predecessors who where on made Mtv Believe we are worth having a Channel and an award .in the late 80s when the only black person on Mtv was Micheal jackson Dr Alban broke barriers with a song Called Hello Afrika which was heavily played on Mtv as well as its my life Praising Afrika in his African Accent and AFrikan Beat not like MO hits and co copying Americans.This and Nigerian Comments supporting D'banj can make the upcoming Generation lose faith in our country as it like Nigerians are like Groupies only with when you are hot and when you are not some rat can disrespect and they open their mouth as say serves you right it sad no wonder we don't have role models and Good leaders.

I don't understand o, all this because DBanj chooses to conduct his business professionally?
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by citizenY(m): 6:10pm On Nov 18, 2009
What is professional in gbam gbam din din ? go and ask Daddy ShowkeyBaba Fryo

Father U Turn and co.

It is just like getting drunk. after hang over, eye go clear. I think Dr Alban

just must have learnt his lessons how. He could have done most of the job anyway.

These guys play music with no character and the lyrics are some thing else- no meaning.

Gbam gbam din din with big big sunshade for face and okrika trouser and t shirt.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2009
[quote][/quote]I don't understand o, all this because DBanj chooses to conduct his business professionally?

Naija babe we are not Babies here we all know that in life word have meanings and it depends on how you use them .I can tell somebody "you are a bastard" this exact same sentence jokingly and as an insult.You need to realise like i said earlier that Dr Alban's studio in sweden Cherion studios was the same studio that discovered global stars like britney spears,N sync,Backstreet Boys and pink by his Producer/Manager Dennizpop discovered this Artists and Dr Alban is friends with all this stars today because he was with them when they were discovered.A man who knows all this stars and for him to say he was insulted by a small boy will definitely know what he means for him to complain it is obvious D'banj said go and see my manager in a rude way,if he wanted to be professional and respectfull Dr Alban has been in the music industry before the gave birth to D'banj he will not complain plus he is in his 50s he is not jealous of D'banj neither are they competing or fighting for the same girl ,it is obvious that D'banj said it rudely.Naija babe every naija youth knows D'banj is arrogant even Glo complained about him thats why they sacked him from glo tour and brought p square,plus u have heard his interviews.Have u ever heard any allegation of 2face been arrogant why is it always D'banj there is no smoke without fire.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by AloyEmeka6: 7:31pm On Nov 18, 2009
bufflevy:

Naija babe we are not Babies here we all know that in life word have meanings and it depends on how you use them .I can tell somebody "you are a bastard" this exact same sentence jokingly and as an insult.Y[b]ou need to realise like i said earlier that Dr Alban's  studio in sweden Cherion studios was the same studio that discovered global stars like britney spears,N sync,Backstreet Boys and pink by his Producer/Manager Dennizpop discovered this Artists and Dr Alban is friends with all this stars today because he was with them when they were discovered.[/b]A man who knows all this stars and for him to say he was insulted by a small boy will definitely know what he means for him to complain it is obvious D'banj said go and see my manager in a rude way,if he wanted to be professional and respectfull Dr Alban has been in the music industry before the gave birth to D'banj he will not complain plus he is in his 50s he is not jealous of D'banj neither are they competing or fighting for the same girl ,it is  obvious that D'banj said it rudely.Naija babe every naija youth knows D'banj is arrogant even Glo complained about him thats why they sacked him from glo tour and brought p square,plus u have heard his interviews.Have u ever heard any allegation of 2face been arrogant why is it always D'banj there is no smoke without fire.

Dbanj is already a star whose fan base centers around Africans. Dr Alban plays techno music and that is oyibo music. I don't know how his style will help D'banj who is obviously not looking for Oyibo fan base. I don't think there is jealousy here tho; its either the journalist that is brewing this war or someone was not interpreted well.
If D'banj was rude, then he needs to learn from history but who's to say that it wasn't Dr Alban who was rude?. May be he approached him with arrogance, you know, like a music god. Are we not africans, no matter how westernized Dr Alban may be, that African mentality may still be apparent in him.

Nobody is arguing his status in music. Afterall he has a duet with the great black Uhuru and Melissa but that doesn't mean he should look down on D'banj. You remember something like this happened between Soldier boy and Ice T sometime ago?. Soldier boy made sure he insulted holy Mary out of him.

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkcifRUJT_I&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]

[flash=425,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShEK-dYieOc&hl=en_US&fs=1&">[/flash]
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2009
lol !!! once again emeka you have a point non of us was there so we cant judge what really happened between them.Dr Alban is human too it could have been his fault.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by bufflevy: 9:00pm On Nov 18, 2009
Since i was not there ,we need to go with the evidence that we have .D'banj and 50 cent are birds of the same feather ,50 cent is known to be arrogant so if anyone accuses him of being arrogant nobody will be surprised ,Going by his antecedents. The same thing with D'banj,His ex-Lasu classmates have complained about him,Virgin colours had problem with him,Glo sacked him because they accused him of being Arrogant even after they bought him a brand new car,THISDAY had problems with him before a show in uk .The accusations are numerous .Dr alban is not known to be arrogant and has never had problem with anybody before so i think we need to be factual D'banj does have attitude problems and i don't think the usual African mentality applies here .If it was D'banj would have spoken about it long time.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by paddylo1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 18, 2009
abeg too many haterz in the house.

yea i know doctor alban but nobody rocks that european pop NONSENSE anymore,young people rock the naija flavour which is what DBANJ and the new breed are doing

its either u guys posting here are too old or too daft to understand,check out what dancehall music has done for jamaicans,thats what the new afro hip hop is doing for nigeria,we sing and dance in our own tune

I meant non-africans outside africa. It would be rare to see some european guy singing "booty call booty call" or "mo gbono fele fele" but I have seen a lot who actually like dr alban

and for the FOOL above looking for oyibo man to validate your song i pity u,a ppl without melody or rythm is what u want to validate u?

mehn DBANJ carry go,give me that broken plus yoruba mix anyday
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Beaf: 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2009
sjeezy8:

WTH is the beaf ode talkin about?

I just clicked on the damn video and he had a fake jamo accent and i didnt hear any african language in it.

Dbanj and mohits is what africa/naija needs some african language, and a naija feeling

You've been in the states too long to recognise an Igbo accent. Very very sad. embarassed
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by sjeezy8: 9:30pm On Nov 18, 2009
Beaf:

You've been in the states too long to recognise an Igbo accent. Very very sad. embarassed

No one he has an igbo accent in one, the other he TRIES to sound jamo
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by Depilot(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
I can gif a fu ck about any post, I just want to get to know Carolyna.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by mbulela: 12:19am On Nov 19, 2009
what is this thread doing in this section?
it is already in the music section.
moderator, pls do the needful.
Re: Dr Alban Vs Dbanj(d'banj Is Arrogant) by AloyEmeka6: 1:28am On Nov 19, 2009
Depilot:

I can gif a fu ck about any post, I just want to get to know Carolyna.

Or you mean Melissa?. Melissa is hotter than Carolyna.

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons You Hate And Like Civilization? / Who Is The Most Handsome And The Ugliest Governor In Nigeria? / Fg Releases N45bn To 12 Varsities, Others – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.