Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,653 members, 7,918,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 10:53 PM

Why MMM Is Not A Ponzi Scheme - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why MMM Is Not A Ponzi Scheme (481 Views)

Widow Loses N2.9m In Benue To A Ponzi Scheme / 8 Reasons Why MMM Is A Perfect Scam / She Lost Her Money In A Ponzi Scheme Now She Is Threatening Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why MMM Is Not A Ponzi Scheme by akeensbussy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 19, 2016
I just want to educate some Nigerian writers, or Individual who think they know a Ponzi Scheme business model. Unfortunately, people just ascribe the word "Ponzi scheme" to anything.

Here is the Defination of Ponzi Scheme

A Ponzi scheme (/ˈpɒn.zi/; also a Ponzi game)[1] is a fraudulent investment operation where the operator, an individual or organization, pays returns to its investors from new capital paid to the operators by new investors, rather than from profit earned through legitimate sources. Operators of Ponzi schemes usually entice new investors by offering higher returns than other investments, in the form of short-term returns that are either abnormally high or unusually consistent.

My question is, how does this Definition relate to MMM?

Sincerely, I didn't invest my dime in MMM because I never believed in it from the outset. The frozen of GH in the program made a lot of people tagged it Ponzi Scheme. Whereas there is no coloration.

For a something to be tagged Ponzi scheme, it must be a business or investement which promise a unreasonable huge return on money invested. E.g. Banking, investment company, Insurance, capital market etc.

MMM is none of this, going through their website I couldn't find where it was written as an investment organization. It was boldly written that Is a Community of people helping each other. You have to provide help to someone before another person can provide help to u. Just that when u are Getting your own help, 30% of of the amount you provided as help will be add to you. May for compensation, or because u have help others too in time of need.

The only thing is that MMM is not register in the countries where it operates, which is not a crime because BITCOIN is also not register anywhere in the world and people had benefited from it.

Chuddy made money it? Of course he will because he will make money from something he was part of those who propagated it.

Someone somewhere is making money from BITCOIN.

Nobody was forced to join MMM. It was willingly. Finally, in MMM, u can not loose money because it is not an investment but you gave out money which a good heart helping someone.
Re: Why MMM Is Not A Ponzi Scheme by mhiztaNexy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2016
what is mmm selling? how's it an investment?

(1) (Reply)

We Supply Industrial Gas In Port Harcourt / Lost No Money Again In Ponzi, Come In And Ur Returns Is Guaranteed / Hectares Of Farmland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.