Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,791 members, 7,969,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:10 AM

Union Bank Security Guard Docked For Atm Fraud - Latest Pm News - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Union Bank Security Guard Docked For Atm Fraud - Latest Pm News (1172 Views)

Bola Tinubu: My Life As A Cab Driver And Security Guard: PM News / Saraki Wins First Battle At CCT Trial, PM News / N21bn Loan Fraud Latest. : Police Issue Order To Arrest Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Union Bank Security Guard Docked For Atm Fraud - Latest Pm News by Oboma1(m): 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2009
[b]Bank Guard Docked For ATM Fraud
November 16, 2009 14:59 (2 hours ago), 134 views
By Cyriacus Izuekwe
[/b]

For allegedly using customers’ Automated Teller Machine (ATM)’ pin codes to gain unauthorised access to their accounts, a security man with the Union Bank Plc, Dopemu, Clement Edet Ikoi, has been arrested and chargd to court with stealing.

The 32-year old Edet was arrested after it was discovered that he had been using the cards belonging to Balogun Oluwayemi and Bridget Dike to withdraw their money totalling N700,000.

Balogun with account number 0822000016422 lost N561,000, while Mrs. Dike with account number 0822000209729 lost the sum of N151,000 to the security guard.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the matter came to the open when the duo discovered that there was no money in their accounts, when they went to withdraw money from their accounts.They raised an alarm and reported the matter to the police at Shasha division.

The efforts of the police paid off as they demanded from the bank manager the details of the withdrawals during the period. The picture of the accused was seen through the CCTV camera. He was later arrested and confessed to the crime.

On interrogation by the police, P.M.NEWS gathered that he got the pin codes from the bank when it was undergoing renovation. .

He was later chargd with stealing an offence contrary to Section 390, 467 of the Criminal Code Cap. 17, Vol. 2, laws of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2003.He pleaded not guilty for the five-count charge when it was read to him in the court, but pledged to refund the money.

The trial magistrate, Mrs. Seri Solebo, granted him bail in the sum of N500,000 with two sureties in like sum.

The matter was adjourned till 13 January, 2010. He was ordered to be remanded at the prison custody in Apapa pending when he will perfect his bail conditions.

Comments (2)

Tunde Adeyemi
Today 16:26 (1 hour ago)
please, the efcc should do something about this atm fraud thing.
i am seriously broke now because someone got my atm number and emptied my account.
please, taking money to the bank should bring so much apprehension

PRINCE MOSES ADEKUNLE
Today 16:28 (1 hour ago)
I have said it before that this ATM fraud is only possible with people working in the bank. The guy is not saying the truth. I believe official woking in the bank is the main culprit, the security man is just a messanger. He was sent to do it and i know they have done it to many people in their branch. May God help us from these bank officials who want to render ATM useless in this country. other countries are enjoying this atm, not in nigeria. maybe we should scrap ATM.

http://thepmnews.com/2009/11/16/bank-guard-docked-for-atm-fraud
Re: Union Bank Security Guard Docked For Atm Fraud - Latest Pm News by Oboma1(m): 5:37pm On Nov 16, 2009
Honestly, I think ATM should be suspended in Nigeria. I can not collect ATM card for any account of mine that has a very good sum of money. It is just a waste of time. Aside, it is now very obvious that, bank officials are very much in it. Let them beat the guy very well, he will confess.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Approves $2bn Excess Crude Funds For Sharing / Relief From Road Accident / South-east Backs North For Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.