Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,498 members, 7,892,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2024 at 04:35 AM

Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties (1023 Views)

Buhari Disagrees With AGF Malami Orders EFCC To Prosecute Diezani, Adoke, Others / Femi Fani-Kayode Wears Jewish Prayer Sash For His Trial At Abuja Court. Photos / EFCC, Release Fayose's Property - Abuja High Court Orders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by sweetsandy4luv(f): 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2016
The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja on Monday ordered the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), to release all properties belonging to Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State that were attached based on the order of the court made on 20th July and 2nd August 2016.

Source>>>>http://www.newsflashngr.com/index.php/2016/12/19/breaking-abuja-court-orders-efcc-release-fayoses-properties/

Justice Nnamdi Dimgba gave the order while ruling on application filed by Governor Fayose through his counsel Chief Mike Ozekheme (SAN). He brought the application after the EFCC had seized his properties.Ruling on the application which was argued on Monday, Justice Dimgba noted that the interim orders which were made on 20th July and reaffirmed on 3 August were made to last for 45 days to enable EFCC carry out its investigations.

Justice Dimgba said the orders ought to elapse on September 3, but from the court record “no application was filed by the EFCC to extend the order.

“I hold that in the absence of an application to renew it the interim attachment orders had elapsed on 3 September.”

Consequently, all the attachments, seizure, forfeitures and occupation of the said properties and accounts are nullity,” he ruled.

However, he stated that it would be a different matter if the EFCC still occupy the properties based on order of other jurisdiction.

Justice Dimgba blamed EFCC who obtained a similar order from Justice Okon Abang court for not telling the judge they had obtained an order that elapsed on September 3 when they approached him on November 3.

“I do not agree with EFCC that Fayose motion is an academic exercise”, he further ruled
Source>>>>http://www.newsflashngr.com/index.php/2016/12/19/breaking-abuja-court-orders-efcc-release-fayoses-properties/

Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by Emma003: 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2016
U call this "breaking"?. . . Breaking ko, gearing ni
Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 19, 2016
More reason why Magu is not competent to be EFCC chairman

He simply can not function in a democracy,

Magu lacks capacity to effectively investigate a case with due deligence and conclusively win a case in court without breaking the law or seeking extra ordinary court orders!

That to me is incompetence and shows he is not good enough for the job!

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by baybeeboi: 11:37pm On Dec 19, 2016
When sane people speak against the wrong tactics employed by Magu some Tinuburians will come here and shout corruption fighting back.

Magu is grossly incompetent, he feels the EFCC has the power to make and break laws at will, surprising enough, he has worked with this outfit as one would expect he knows the rules better than most but here we are.

His commando style of operation rearresting people against court orders, keeping people beyond court approved time and so on and some persons will come here to shout "if that's the only way to get our yams back" like they've ever being to a farm.

Magu is definitely loosing this one, even Buhari cant help him.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 19, 2016
Na wa sef
Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by DozieInc(m): 12:05am On Dec 20, 2016
OK
Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by Elchappo: 12:19am On Dec 20, 2016
Guys wey their papa no get 1 property would soon take ova this thread....

Abeg where i fit piss for here...

1 Like

Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by tit(f): 12:29am On Dec 20, 2016
buhari na pass tense

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by RevDesm0ndJuju: 12:34am On Dec 20, 2016
Fayose 12 , APC 0

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by tafrica(m): 12:54am On Dec 20, 2016
Magu's EFCC has been terrible in fighting corruption. How can you fight corruption with corruption? breaking and disobeying court orders is corruption and this is why EFCC mostly lose in court; it believes in dramatic approaches to issues just to win media praises not minding how the approaches will affect its cases in court.

How would EFCC obtain court order to seize Fayose's properties for 45 days and still continue to hold on to them even after the expiration of the order without obtaining extension?

Nigeria is not a jungle where there is no law and only EFCC or Buhari determines what/who is right or wrong in eyes of law.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by dechriscool(m): 5:33am On Dec 20, 2016
Justice Okon Abang again in a controversial court injunction
Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by azimibraun: 5:53am On Dec 20, 2016
What is news about this for God's sake Nigeria? In serious countries working people go about their hustles not even knowing things like this... How can a certain Fayose Wike and some overzealous people in the government administration force us as a people to always have them in our subconscious? We pay so much attention to this bloody passers by that we don't even have time to look out for ourselves anymore. A guy comes to work now and don't ask after your sick wife or daughter or parents anymore; all he attacks you with is " you see how wike deal with APC" " I no tell you say Fayose too much for Buhari" " All these PDP theives never see anything.. Buhari go finish them" I am just watching gradually how we are been forced to lose our values and say and do things people we are more decent than are forcing us to do. I might not be the captain of the boat but am on it and am concerned we might sink it before our kids get their places in it. Going forward nobody should discuss fayose, wike, Buhari, APC, PDP, Trump, Nnamdi Kanu et al at least Lai mohammed and GEJ are a bit reduced now. with me before my family and my well being. I have warned o! Haba! people who have their own lives and are forcing us to live their own lives. What happens to our own?
Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by ddippset(m): 5:56am On Dec 20, 2016
I am not surprised nobody has mentioned Buhari so far. The wailers have Magu as a scapegoat this time around.
Re: Breaking!!! Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Release Fayose’s Properties by Nobody: 6:09am On Dec 20, 2016
What We will not take it anymore. It can't be

(1) (Reply)

Ben Murray-bruce Looking Very Stylish In New Photo With His Children / $153m Fresh Scam: OMG If You See Diezani’s Secret Estate... SEE HERE / Photo: Rag Day In Nursery School???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.