Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,760 members, 7,889,449 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

How To Make Swiss Butter Cream - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Swiss Butter Cream (3526 Views)

How To Decorate Cake With Butter Cream Icing / Healthy Living: Organic Sea salt, Organic Honey, Raw Shea butter & Coconut oil. / Where To Buy Unrefined SHEA-BUTTER In Lagos:08139458588 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by marylandcakes: 12:27am On Dec 20, 2016
Ingredients

250ml egg whites
500g butter
500g sugar
Vanilla extract

Method
Place sugar and egg in a mixing bowl and mix on top of steaming pot until all the sugar has melted. Transfer to the stand and mix for about 10 minutes as shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p51NQZV-tUY

1 Like

Re: How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by Rubyventures: 10:46am On Dec 20, 2016
marylandcakes:
Ingredients

250ml egg whites
500g butter
500g sugar
Vanilla extract

Method
Place sugar and egg in a mixing bowl and mix on top of steaming pot until all the sugar has melted. Transfer to the stand and mix for about 10 minutes as shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p51NQZV-tUY

This is nice, I heard this is what the top bakeries use to smooth out wedding cakes. what's the difference between this one and the Italian one?
Re: How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by marylandcakes: 6:01am On Dec 23, 2016
Rubyventures:

This is nice, I heard this is what the top bakeries use to smooth out wedding cakes. what's the difference between this one and the Italian one?

Very true,very smooth and silky. The difference is in the way it's prepared. The Italian one boils the sugar then adds it to the egg whites.
Re: How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by marylandcakes: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
Once the bowl has cooled down start adding the butter bit by bit. Avoid adding it too quickly or you might end up with a liquid mixture.
Re: How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by marylandcakes: 8:27am On Dec 31, 2016
Some people add icing sugar at the end to give it a more crusting consistency. I would recommend this when the humidity is very high.
Re: How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by marylandcakes: 8:21pm On Jan 01, 2017
Happy New Year to nairalanders
Re: How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by Rubyventures: 11:48am On Jan 12, 2017
marylandcakes:

Very true,very smooth and silky. The difference is in the way it's prepared. The Italian one boils the sugar then adds it to the egg whites.

Thanks, but I think I prefer the Italian one.
Re: How To Make Swiss Butter Cream by marylandcakes: 2:30pm On Jan 14, 2017
Rubyventures:

Thanks, but I think I prefer the Italian one.

I like both. Italian more risky as you can burn yourself with the hot sugar.

(1) (Reply)

Ever Heard Of Yam Pancake? Here's The Recipe / Big, Large, and Giant Snails for sale / How To Prepare Okro Soup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.