Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,401 members, 7,904,494 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 02:24 PM

The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. (657 Views)

Sergei Mavrodi, MMM Founder Dies At 62 / What Is Wrong With Mmm Again? / What Business Can I Start With MMM Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. by drsugar: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
The problem with MMM is not the media and government, not Mavrodi himself or the participants of MMM but HUMAN NATURE.

EVERYBODY KNOWS MAVRODI is a CONVICTED RUSSIAN CRIMINAL....

...But can you believe MMM has just started running again in Kenya and Ghana right now and Mavrodi is still Smiling to the bank? You keep wondering why MMM keeps attracting people to it despite its flaws.

On the Wikipedia page captured below, the first line describes Mavrodi as a convicted Russian criminal. I begin to wonder to myself how anyone can trust this type of convicted person with a financial investment.

He is someone to be described as an intelligent criminal who understands human nature, a world class psychological hustler.

He understands that no matter how much evidence there is to the contrary, greed and self interest would always dictate first for a natural human mind.
Anyway, that was how our ancestors survived in the jungle.

Even those who didn't participate in the MMM scheme can't deny that they were envious of those getting rewards from it at one point or the other while it was running.
This is human nature and believe me, if MMM comes back to Nigeria again in 5 years time, thousands of people would still participate.

HUMAN NATURE = GREED + SELF INTEREST. The same attributes we abuse our leaders of having is what we have shown by participating in MMM.

P.S. : Not Anti - MMM. This is just a discussion to reflect on our values as a society based on recent happenings and how we can be better off it.

Useful Quote: There's a sucker born every minute. - P.T. Barnum (American Showman).

- Dr. Ola John.

Re: The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. by drsugar: 2:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
drsugar:

Even those who didn't participate in the MMM scheme can't deny that they were envious of those getting rewards from it at one point or the other while it was running.

Re: The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. by drsugar: 2:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
drsugar:

and believe me, if MMM comes back to Nigeria again in 5 years time, thousands of people would still participate.

HUMAN NATURE = GREED + SELF INTEREST. The same attributes we abuse our leaders of having.

P.S. : Not Anti - MMM. This is just a discussion to reflect on our values as a society based on recent happenings and how we can be better off it.

Useful Quote: There's a sucker born every minute. - P.T. Barnum (American Showman).

- Dr. Ola John.
Re: The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. by Sunexy(m): 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
undecided
Re: The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. by Sunexy(m): 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
drsugar:
believe me, if MMM comes back to Nigeria again in 5 years time, thousands of people would still participate.
Am not an Anti-buhari human but if he campaigns 2019, humans like you and i will still vote him..ppl will still wanto risk the future of this country in the hands of him and his people...life is all about RISKS
Re: The Problem With MMM Was Not The Media And Mavrodi, But 'human's Nature'. by mokkalu1(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2016
This is so true. But that quote about a sucker being born every minute is errornously attributed to Barnum. He didn't coin it.

(1) (Reply)

Important Message On MMM / Mavrodi Scams Using Bitcoin Are Nothing New / I'm Willing To Sell $50 Worth Of Bitcoin At 360/$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.