Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,170 members, 7,913,340 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 01:54 AM

36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. (1877 Views)

Hon. Raji Fashola Spotted Behind The Wheels Of His Range Rover, Stuck In Traffic / List Of Senatorial Candidates For The 36 States And FCT And Their QUALIFICATION / The 36-year-old Skeleton Of A Dead Baby Has Been Found Inside A Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by jona2: 3:10am On Nov 17, 2009
Drug trafficker in danger, needs operation to remove ingested cocaine
Adelowo Oladipo, Lagos - Updated: Tuesday 17-11-2009

Ferdinard OkekeIf the results of medical
tests conducted were anything to go by, a suspected drug trafficker arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, may need a surgical operation to remove a wrap of cocaine that had got stuck in his stomach.

The suspect, Okeke Ferdinard Ekwunife, 36, who claimed to have worked as a cleaner in London for over 10 years, was arrested on October 26, while allegedly attempting to board a British Airways flight to London.

Others apprehended, according to Mitchel Ofoyeju, Head, Public Affairs Department of the anti-drugs agency, included a businesswoman, Bolanle Adeyanju Moyinoluwa a.k.a. Mama Seye, 45; Salam Adesino Ibiyinka, 46; Benjamin Akonam Nwankwo, 32 and Uka Charles Onuoha, 35.

The suspects were allegdly found to have tested positive to drug ingestion. Uka Charles ingested 89 wraps of
cocaine weighing 1.340kilogrammes; Akonam Benjamin ingested 81 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.694kilogrammes while others still under observation.

Reacting to the development,the Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA[/b], Ahmadu Giade warned prospective drug traffickers of the dangers associated with the ingestion of narcotics.

He [/b] also assured that the suspects would be given intensive medical care to remove the wraps of cocaine from his stomach. “Let me reiterate for the umpteenth time that besides the damage to the image of our country, drug traffickers also expose themselves to grave medical risk when they ingest narcotics.

“Drug traffickers must know the implications of drug trafficking and shun the shameful and deadly act. We are however, trying our best to expel the remaining wrap of suspected substance from his stomach,” Giade stressed.

Meanwhile, Ferdinand who is said to be married to a German lady allegedly told NDLEA officials that he needed money to survive because he was jobless.“Although I have asked God for forgiveness, I smuggled drugs for survival. I lost my job; my German wife left me and things are difficult. I swallowed 81 wraps and I have excreted 80 remaining one.

They promised to pay me 3,000 dollars, out of which I was given 500 pounds. It was in the process of trying to borrow some money that I ended up in this mess. Initially, I was scared because it was my first time. My travel expenses were paid and I was in a hotel for four weeks in Lagos,” he stated.

Ferdinand claimed to have hailed from Agulu village in Aniocha Local Government Area of Anambra State. Also,the NDLEA acting Airport Commander, Alhaji Idris Bello said that the agency had conducted scan to confirm the location of the wrap. According to the commander, if other medical solutions failed, the suspect would be operated upon.

Bolanle Adeyanju was also apprehended by NDLEA operatives on November 7, at about 9 p.m, during screening of passengers on Iberia flight. The suspect, who was on her way to Madrid, confessed to have ingested 75 wraps of cocaine for an undisclosed fee.

“I am ashamed of myself. I am a successful cement dealer. I own three trucks, but I sold everything. I am well-known at Apapa, Lagos. I have two children in school; a boy and a girl but I am a divorcee. I just returned from the United States, where I went to visit my sister. I feel very bad because I met a young man of about 37 years, who introduced me into this business. He said that if I take the drugs there and I am paid I can buy handbags and ladies shoes to sell for the Christmas period and I agreed. What do I tell my children?” she lamented.

Bolanle, as of the time of her arrest, lives at Alagbado, Lagos but hails from Osun State. Also arrested on November 7, on the same Iberia flight was a 46-year-old trader, Salam Adeshino Ibiyinka. He was said to have confessed ingesting 95 wraps of narcotics on his way to Paris for a fee of 2,000 Euros.

In his words; “I do not know the people that gave me the drugs. I live at Bariga, Lagos and I sell shoes. I used to buy my shoes from Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo. This is my first time of travelling to Europe. I swallowed the drugs in a guest house. My target was to do some work over there and add the money to the 2,000 Euros. I am married and blessed with four children I have no helper. It was suffering that made me to smuggle the drugs. I blame myself and I regret everything.” Salam claims to have hailed from Odogbolu in Ogun State.

Benjamin Akonam Nwankwo was nabbed on November 3, on his way to Madrid, Spain during screening of passengers on an Iberia flight.“I actually came for a burial ceremony at Enugu, but I was convinced to deliver the drugs that I would be paid 2,800 Euros. I met the man who introduced me to the drug trade at a drinking joint at Mile 2 Lagos. This is my first time and I thought I will be lucky. I must confess, it is a bitter lesson for me because I will lose everything I have in Europe,” he stated. He claimed to have come from Orlu, Imo State.

Another suspect, Uka Charles Onuoha, an automobile parts dealer in Lagos was allegedlly caught on October 25, 2009, while attempting to board a KLM flight to Lisbon.

“I met one I.K at the German Embassy in Lagos who introduced me into the drug business. I swallowed 89 wraps and they promised to pay me 3,800 Euros. I am not used to detention. This is my first time. I needed money for my traditional marriage coming up on December 24, 2009 and I also need an accommodation, because I am living with a friend. Initially, I did not agree to do it, because I have travelled twice this year and on both occasions I was scanned for drugs by the NDLEA,” Uka stated.

Ofoyeju said that some of the suspects were still under observation to excrete all the wraps of drugs before they would be arraigned in court.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/17112009/tue/crime2.html
Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by jona2: 3:27am On Nov 17, 2009
*jona:

Drug trafficker in danger, needs operation to remove ingested cocaine
Adelowo Oladipo, Lagos - Updated: Tuesday 17-11-2009

Ferdinard OkekeIf the results of medical
tests conducted were anything to go by, a suspected drug trafficker arrested by operatives of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos, may need a surgical operation to remove a wrap of cocaine that had got stuck in his stomach.

The suspect, Okeke Ferdinard Ekwunife, 36, who claimed to have worked as a cleaner in London for over 10 years, was arrested on October 26, while allegedly attempting to board a British Airways flight to London.

Others apprehended, according to Mitchel Ofoyeju, Head, Public Affairs Department of the anti-drugs agency, included a businesswoman, Bolanle Adeyanju Moyinoluwa a.k.a. Mama Seye, 45; Salam Adesino Ibiyinka, 46; Benjamin Akonam Nwankwo, 32 and Uka Charles Onuoha, 35.

The suspects were allegdly found to have tested positive to drug ingestion. Uka Charles ingested 89 wraps of
cocaine weighing 1.340kilogrammes; Akonam Benjamin ingested 81 wraps of cocaine weighing 1.694kilogrammes while others still under observation.

Reacting to the development,the Chairman/Chief Executive of the NDLEA[/b], Ahmadu Giade warned prospective drug traffickers of the dangers associated with the ingestion of narcotics.

He [/b] also assured that the suspects would be given intensive medical care to remove the wraps of cocaine from his stomach. “Let me reiterate for the umpteenth time that besides the damage to the image of our country, drug traffickers also expose themselves to grave medical risk when they ingest narcotics.

“Drug traffickers must know the implications of drug trafficking and shun the shameful and deadly act. We are however, trying our best to expel the remaining wrap of suspected substance from his stomach,” Giade stressed.

Meanwhile, Ferdinand who is said to be married to a German lady allegedly told NDLEA officials that he needed money to survive because he was jobless.“Although I have asked God for forgiveness, I smuggled drugs for survival. I lost my job; my German wife left me and things are difficult. I swallowed 81 wraps and I have excreted 80 remaining one.

They promised to pay me 3,000 dollars, out of which I was given 500 pounds. It was in the process of trying to borrow some money that I ended up in this mess. Initially, I was scared because it was my first time. My travel expenses were paid and I was in a hotel for four weeks in Lagos,” he stated.

Ferdinand claimed to have hailed from Agulu village in Aniocha Local Government Area of Anambra State. Also,the NDLEA acting Airport Commander, Alhaji Idris Bello said that the agency had conducted scan to confirm the location of the wrap. According to the commander, if other medical solutions failed, the suspect would be operated upon.

Bolanle Adeyanju was also apprehended by NDLEA operatives on November 7, at about 9 p.m, during screening of passengers on Iberia flight. The suspect, who was on her way to Madrid, confessed to have ingested 75 wraps of cocaine for an undisclosed fee.

“I am ashamed of myself. I am a successful cement dealer. I own three trucks, but I sold everything. I am well-known at Apapa, Lagos. I have two children in school; a boy and a girl but I am a divorcee. I just returned from the United States, where I went to visit my sister. I feel very bad because I met a young man of about 37 years, who introduced me into this business. He said that if I take the drugs there and I am paid I can buy handbags and ladies shoes to sell for the Christmas period and I agreed. What do I tell my children?” she lamented.

Bolanle, as of the time of her arrest, lives at Alagbado, Lagos but hails from Osun State. Also arrested on November 7, on the same Iberia flight was a 46-year-old trader, Salam Adeshino Ibiyinka. He was said to have confessed ingesting 95 wraps of narcotics on his way to Paris for a fee of 2,000 Euros.

In his words; “I do not know the people that gave me the drugs. I live at Bariga, Lagos and I sell shoes. I used to buy my shoes from Ghana, Benin Republic and Togo. This is my first time of travelling to Europe. I swallowed the drugs in a guest house. My target was to do some work over there and add the money to the 2,000 Euros. I am married and blessed with four children I have no helper. It was suffering that made me to smuggle the drugs. I blame myself and I regret everything.” Salam claims to have hailed from Odogbolu in Ogun State.

Benjamin Akonam Nwankwo was nabbed on November 3, on his way to Madrid, Spain during screening of passengers on an Iberia flight.“I actually came for a burial ceremony at Enugu, but I was convinced to deliver the drugs that I would be paid 2,800 Euros. I met the man who introduced me to the drug trade at a drinking joint at Mile 2 Lagos. This is my first time and I thought I will be lucky. I must confess, it is a bitter lesson for me because I will lose everything I have in Europe,” he stated. He claimed to have come from Orlu, Imo State.

Another suspect, Uka Charles Onuoha, an automobile parts dealer in Lagos was allegedlly caught on October 25, 2009, while attempting to board a KLM flight to Lisbon.

“I met one I.K at the German Embassy in Lagos who introduced me into the drug business. I swallowed 89 wraps and they promised to pay me 3,800 Euros. I am not used to detention. This is my first time. I needed money for my traditional marriage coming up on December 24, 2009 and I also need an accommodation, because I am living with a friend. Initially, I did not agree to do it, because I have travelled twice this year and on both occasions I was scanned for drugs by the NDLEA,” Uka stated.

Ofoyeju said that some of the suspects were still under observation to excrete all the wraps of drugs before they would be arraigned in court.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/17112009/tue/crime2.html

Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by bilymuse: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2009
stop tribalising issues, every tribe in Nigeria is involve in drug
Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by SEFAGO(m): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2009
stop tribalising issues, every tribe in Nigeria is involve in drug

you seem to be assuming that you are talking to a sane man. To treat insanity you have to use compromising measures.---watch
Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by SEFAGO(m): 10:02am On Nov 17, 2009
Hey, Jona, I registred you on nigeriaone, can you join so that I can send you private messages?
Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by Afam(m): 10:07am On Nov 17, 2009
*jona:

Greed is dangerous. Not being contented with what you have is another disease. There are cleaners in Nigeria that are taking care of their families without resorting to drugs or crimes.
Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by jona2: 3:17pm On Nov 17, 2009
Afam:

Greed is dangerous. Not being contented with what you have is another disease. There are cleaners in Nigeria that are taking care of their families without resorting to drugs or crimes.

sad
Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by jona2: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2009
cool
Re: 36 Year Igbo Man Swallow A Wrap Of Cocaine That Had Got Stuck In His Stomach. by Ezeagu2: 7:25pm On Nov 17, 2009
cool

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Igbo Guys Hate Yoruba Guys? / Boko Haram: Timeline Of Terror(achievements of Boko Haram) / From Yahoo-yahoo To Kidneys For Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.